Don't get excited, but Mass Effect and Dead Space just got emulator updates

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Don't get excited, but Mass Effect and Dead Space just got emulator updates

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
7 months ago#1
I'm assuming these are just regular old emulator updates (fingers crossed they're next week's enhanced titles, though!).

I'll be interested to see if Mass Effect 1 performs any better on the 1X after the update. As it was it was already pretty stable with minor dips in the Citadel area where it used to constantly stutter. Even if it doesn't get enhance a smooth framerate alone would be great.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: autobotdan

autobotdan
7 months ago#2
Enhanced updates would be nice. It doesn't look like there will be any future HD re-release for Dead Space or Mass Effect so maybe Electronic Arts will be nice to us
"A Lone Warrior must restore honor to his clan...
He seeks Justice for the Fallen...Vengeance is comming June 2008"

da_StoOge
7 months ago#3
I wonder if EA will allow any enhanced games. After all, they're selling Burnout HD now for $40odds.

Anyway, I downloaded the updates and tried Mass Effect again for a little while. This game is really hard to judge framerate wise by eyeballing as the camera is locked to the character and so a tiny change in elevation, like walking over a small step, for example, makes the screen judder and looks like a performance issue.

Even running up a smooth looking ramp looks juddery as the camera bounces up and down as the character moves.

However, tanding in place and swinging the camera around wildly looks really smooth. On occasion there might be a tiny drop, but it seemed incredibly rare. I also ran into a little judder once in a while which I assume was more a streaming issue as assets were loading in.

All in all it's a really smooth performance on the 1X and a massive improvement over the 360 version, BUT it doesn't always feel as smooth as it should thanks to the awful decision to lock the camera to character model.

User Info: vashkey

vashkey
7 months ago#4
Of course theyre just regular updates. X enhancements arent deployed in the middle of the night and discovered by some random gamefaqs user with no announcement or fanfare.

Is this how react to every update?

User Info: autobotdan

autobotdan
7 months ago#5
Mass Effect & & Dead Space crossover! Lol
"A Lone Warrior must restore honor to his clan...
He seeks Justice for the Fallen...Vengeance is comming June 2008"

da_StoOge
7 months ago#6
vashkey posted...
Of course theyre just regular updates. X enhancements arent deployed in the middle of the night and discovered by some random gamefaqs user with no announcement or fanfare.

You're right. I'm the one that over reacted.

User Info: kryptin

kryptin
7 months ago#7
I bet it is just fixes for the frame pacing issues introduced to many BC games with the X1X release. ME3 had an update not long ago too. I've also noticed these are mostly EA published games getting updates. There would be some kind of announcement if these were X enhancement updates.
Gamertag: Kryptin - http://www.trueachievements.com/Kryptin.htm
Currently Playing: L.A. Noire (X1)

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
7 months ago#8
da_StoOge posted...
vashkey posted...

You're right. I'm the one that over reacted.

Zing!
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin

User Info: FlyEaglesFly24

FlyEaglesFly24
7 months ago#9
Yo Adrian!

They did it!
I just changed my signature because the Eagles won the Super Bowl!
-February 4th, 2018

User Info: Boogie_WoogieWu

Boogie_WoogieWu
7 months ago#10
da_StoOge posted...
I wonder if EA will allow any enhanced games.

Mirror's Edge was one of the first 360 games to get X-enhanced.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Don't get excited, but Mass Effect and Dead Space just got emulator updates

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived