What would you say are the top 3 best new IPs of this gen?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What would you say are the top 3 best new IPs of this gen?

User Info: Orange_Apples

Orange_Apples
7 months ago#1
And what is it that makes those IPs great?

The game must be released, so no upcoming IPs.
"They'll pay for this." - Mickey Mouse

User Info: FlyEaglesFly24

FlyEaglesFly24
7 months ago#2
Honestly I can only think of one really good one right now and it’s the Middle Earth series, and I don’t know if that even counts as new.

I haven’t really played many new IPs this gen on Xbox One but in my defense there haven’t been many.

Destiny was terrible, and I didn’t touch the Division. How many were there really?
I just changed my signature because the Eagles won the Super Bowl!
-February 4th, 2018

User Info: geodANGER

geodANGER
7 months ago#3
Destiny- raids alone make this game amazing and one of the best games I ever played, I can actually go on forever about why this game is so great. never have I had so much fun and played a game for so long, my new all time favorite franchise dethroning halo something I thought would never happen.

Titanfall- so incredibly fun I had blast with just about everything the game had to offer.

sunset overdrive- super fun and kinda crazy game great to break up all the serious tone games.
GT/Psn: Geodanger25

User Info: ShadowHunterHQ

ShadowHunterHQ
7 months ago#4
Not exclusive but Overwatch for sure is one of them. Also Id say titanfall and Shadow of Mordor were both great new games
You know its been a good party if there's an open container of butter lying around
Gamer Tag: Penguin Justice

User Info: Disellis

Disellis
7 months ago#5
Evil Within.
Both of them are absolutely fantastic games, the first being one of my favorite games in recent memory. In an age of pseudo mmo’s, lootboxes, accessibility and pointless open worlds, having a truly challenging and intense single player experience was amazing. Evil Within 1 isn’t afraid to kick your ass and I love it, and was a better return to form for survival horror than Resident Evil 7 imo. The sequel isn’t quite as good since it’s clear they tried to iron out the quirks and difficulty spikes, but it still holds it’s own.

Sunset Overdrive stands out to me too. It’s a game that is fairly unique and really satisfying to play when you traverse around. I’d really like to see a sequel.

Cuphead is another great game that stands out to me as a unique game that will be used as a comparison point for future indie games.

Honorable mentions to
Dragon Ball Xenoverse for revitalizing DB games which were on a decline before hand

Bloodborne, I felt it would be cheating to include this since it’s basically a Souls game, but it should still get a mention.

User Info: Divine-Wisdom

Divine-Wisdom
7 months ago#6
1. Horizon Zero Dawn
2. Bloodborne
3. Evil Within
Gaming Extraordinaire 2002-2017. STEM Student 2016 - present.
PSN: xxVapeGod | XB: Nuclear Faliout | Steam: Cyclonat0r

User Info: LordTrevelyan

LordTrevelyan
7 months ago#7
The middle earth shadow of Mordor/war.

nice to see the lotr universe and the nemesis system is pretty revolutionary.

The divinity original sin 1/2.

Not sure if it counts as this gen since they’re on pc
But they come out during this console cycle so I’ll include it. Never played such a deep turn based combat rpg like divinity 2.

Watch dogs

The series has a good premise and has a lot of potential, like the hacking and being more stealth oriented.
Gamefaqs, where if you have a different opinion you are a troll. (Old account DontCry)

User Info: wildstrike1516

wildstrike1516
7 months ago#8
Destiny - Raids and Strikes made this game
The Division - Slow start but the patches and updates made this fantastic
Cuphead
"the PS1 and the PS2 games, they looked ancient, like why would anybody play this?" - Jim Ryan, Sony Interactive Entertainment

User Info: calinks

calinks
7 months ago#9
My favorites are

Watchdogs
Shadow of games
Divinity 1 and 2

Others I know of that are highly acclaimed

Bloodborne
Horizon
Sunset Overdrive
Dragon Age is hilarious!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqJVUPPegMY

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
7 months ago#10
LordTrevelyan posted...
The middle earth shadow of Mordor/war.

nice to see the lotr universe and the nemesis system is pretty revolutionary.

The divinity original sin 1/2.

Not sure if it counts as this gen since they’re on pc
But they come out during this console cycle so I’ll include it. Never played such a deep turn based combat rpg like divinity 2.

Watch dogs

The series has a good premise and has a lot of potential, like the hacking and being more stealth oriented.

Divinity has been around for 16 years, Original Sin is actually the third main game (and fifth overall) and is a prequel to the original, which is called Divine Divinity
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What would you say are the top 3 best new IPs of this gen?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived