• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Backwards Compatibility FAQ 2.0 (Updated to include info on Original Xbox games)

User Info: winter_rising

winter_rising
7 months ago#61
Where can I "GET" games posted for backwards compatibility consideration or production?

I tried Xbox Ideas, site, but to no avail..
"Wear some Golf Shoes!! Otherwise we'll never get out of this place Alive!.. impossible to walk in this muck, no footing at all.."

User Info: madrileno23

madrileno23
6 months ago#62
The fear I have is that if the PS5 and Xbox next gen top end system were previously gonna be $500, in worried now they may reduce power a bit to keep to that $500 price rather than say keeping original designs and raising price to $550-600 as needed to offset the trade war tariffs

I really don’t want a compromise on hardware just to keep it under $500
PSN - madrileno23 XBL - thatchefdude
Playing - PS4 - Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry 5 XB1 - AC Odyssey

User Info: BiggWillieStylk

BiggWillieStylk
6 months ago#63
madrileno23 posted...
The fear I have is that if the PS5 and Xbox next gen top end system were previously gonna be $500, in worried now they may reduce power a bit to keep to that $500 price rather than say keeping original designs and raising price to $550-600 as needed to offset the trade war tariffs

I really don’t want a compromise on hardware just to keep it under $500

Microsoft is American. Also, Sony is Japanese, so they won't be affected by the tariffs either.
The Poster Formerly Known As BooBooNukem! I'm a Jesus Freak!!! Woohoo!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/biggwilliestylk/ - http://www.last.fm/user/BiggWillieStylk/
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: richdmoore

richdmoore
6 months ago#64
Well, Microsoft announced that they were ending new releases for the backwards compatibility program. (There is a mention of focusing on the upcoming scarlet console for bc.)

It was a good run for sure.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/10/e3-2019-whats-next-xbox-backward-compatibility/

E3 2019: What’s Next for Xbox Backward Compatibility
By Jason Ronald, Partner Director of Xbox Platform posted on June 10, 2019 at 4:03 pm
Video forE3 2019: What’s Next for Xbox Backward Compatibility
Since the Xbox One Backward Compatibility program was announced at E3 2015, over half of all Xbox gamers have enjoyed Original Xbox or Xbox 360 games on Xbox One. During that time, the Backward Compatibility catalog we built directly from fan feedback has grown to over 600 titles including entire iconic franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears of War, and Mass Effect.

Four years later, compatibility remains a priority for Xbox, for our community and for developers and their games, and preserving the art form of video games is part of our DNA. After adding more than 600 titles to the Backward Compatibility catalog, we’re now setting our sights on what’s next for the future of compatibility.

We’ve listened closely to community feedback and respect the game libraries you’ve built throughout the last 18 years. That’s why we’re taking our work a step further and announced this week that thousands of games from all four generations will be playable on Project Scarlett. As such, we have now shifted our focus to help make the games you love playing on Xbox One compatible with future Xbox hardware. After this week, we have no plans to add additional Original Xbox or Xbox 360 titles to the catalog on Xbox One, but we’re excited to continue our work on Xbox compatibility across platforms and devices, which remains a top priority.

Today, we’re thrilled to bring you a final collection of Original Xbox classics, Xbox 360 fan-favorites and Xbox One X Enhanced updates as a token of appreciation to our fans for their support.

(Shortened for length)

As a final thank you to the community, we are bringing Too Human to the Backward Compatibility catalog and are making it available digitally to everyone for free.

As a reminder, you’ll be able to play all these Original Xbox and Xbox 360 games on Xbox One with the disc you already own, or you can purchase them digitally in the Microsoft Store. Market restrictions for digital content may apply, so please check the store page for details.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support as we’ve journeyed together through the launch and releases of Xbox One Backward Compatibility – we look forward to our next chapter with Project Scarlett.

User Info: Pizzatarian

Pizzatarian
6 months ago#65
^ That's actually a good idea. I did post a topic, but should've added the news here too.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/77777404
"When you work with your hands you'll never be rich but you'll never go hungry." SR3
https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Fl0ydPinkert0n

User Info: kaiju_Boy

kaiju_Boy
4 months ago#66
Noticed a slew of updates these last couple of days. (VF5, Unbound, Triggerheart, AlanWake, Alien Hominid, Beyond G&E, and more) Any word on what these actually did?
"What!? Know you my actions?" - Breakdown

User Info: zebatov

zebatov
3 months ago#67
The user voice link in post #20 doesn’t work anymore, FYI.

I’m really disappointed that Microsoft couldn’t find it in themselves to add achievements to Xbox games. There’s really no point in replaying them at all.

And they did “Destroy All Humans!” but not its sequel? Really?
I'm right, as expected.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: yehshuah

yehshuah
3 months ago#68
This is false. You need internet to install bc games. You need yo be online for that

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
2 months ago#69
What happened to post 60?
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: Blorfenburger

Blorfenburger
3 weeks ago#70
yehshuah posted...
This is false. You need internet to install bc games. You need yo be online for that

Correct
I use inverted controls. Also I hate fandoms.
I'm the Assman. Come on boy you know what I'm all about.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Backwards Compatibility FAQ 2.0 (Updated to include info on Original Xbox games)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers