Microsoft Looking To Add Support for Xbox Live Game Mods

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft Looking To Add Support for Xbox Live Game Mods

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
6 months ago#1
https://wccftech.com/microsoft-looking-xbox-live-game-mods/

The ability to Mod the game built into the retail version would be great.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: The-Apostle

The-Apostle
6 months ago#2
As long as mods don't lock out achievements I'm in favor of it. It's why I didn't get Skyrim on the Xbox One after having played through it on the PS3 and 360.
http://goo.gl/mnO36O
#GoPackGo Not changing sig until NHL players are allowed to play in the Olympics. Started 2/22/2018

User Info: WeskerTeam

WeskerTeam
6 months ago#3
The-Apostle posted...
As long as mods don't lock out achievements I'm in favor of it. It's why I didn't get Skyrim on the Xbox One after having played through it on the PS3 and 360.

It should lock out achievements otherwise you could just cheat to get them.
When I played Skyrim on One I just got all the achievements first before delving into mods. Or you could have one character for mods and another for achievements. It's really not an issue.
Bring on more mods!
Xbox GT - Kieduss
PSN ID - IDavey420

The-Apostle
6 months ago#4
WeskerTeam posted...
The-Apostle posted...

When I played Skyrim on One I just got all the achievements first before delving into mods. Or you could have one character for mods and another for achievements. It's really not an issue.
Bring on more mods!

I think there should be achievements for beating a game without using mods/cheats, or even ones for beating certain missions/levels without using mods/cheats. Problem solved.

I played Skyrim twice already. I'm not playing it a third time just to get whatever achievement I'm interested in getting and then a fourth time so I can use mods.
#GoPackGo Not changing sig until NHL players are allowed to play in the Olympics. Started 2/22/2018

User Info: metroidman92

metroidman92
6 months ago#5
WeskerTeam posted...
The-Apostle posted...

Bring on more mods!

I'm sure most of us don't have the time to devote to multiple playthroughs like that. How long did it take to 100% it?
"Now would be an excellent time for procreation!"

User Info: Sila98

Sila98
6 months ago#6
Now this is something Sony would never do

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
6 months ago#7
The-Apostle posted...
WeskerTeam posted...
The-Apostle posted...

Bring on more mods!

I think there should be achievements for beating a game without using mods/cheats, or even ones for beating certain missions/levels without using mods/cheats. Problem solved.

I played Skyrim twice already. I'm not playing it a third time just to get whatever achievement I'm interested in getting and then a fourth time so I can use mods.

To each their own I guess but devs aren’t going to make more achievements nor change around their achievements systems, especially in a remaster, just to hand achievements out to those who don’t want to play the vanilla game...

They probably could’ve had a system in place with the Bethesda Mods system that keeps them enabled if it doesn’t alter gameplay, but that’d probably require more manpower than they’re willing to give it.

Still, I’ve played the game off and on for coming up on 7 years now, and many others have done the same. Skyrim isn’t a game you simply beat and are done with, it’s designed to play multiple times.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.

The-Apostle
6 months ago#8
flame030191 posted...
The-Apostle posted...
WeskerTeam posted...
The-Apostle posted...

Bring on more mods!

To each their own I guess but devs aren’t going to make more achievements nor change around their achievements systems, especially in a remaster, just to hand achievements out to those who don’t want to play the vanilla game...

They probably could’ve had a system in place with the Bethesda Mods system that keeps them enabled if it doesn’t alter gameplay, but that’d probably require more manpower than they’re willing to give it.

Still, I’ve played the game off and on for coming up on 7 years now, and many others have done the same. Skyrim isn’t a game you simply beat and are done with, it’s designed to play multiple times.

After I beat a game a couple times it's difficult to keep me interested in it. The only reason I'd replay a game a third time is if I can get more achievements. But in this case, I would want the mods as well. If I can't have both on the same playthrough, I'm not interested.

Edit: Also, I've played games that had cheats with those kinds of achievements.

User Info: LanternOfAsh

LanternOfAsh
6 months ago#9
Yeah I want to play skyrim again so bad with mods. But no achievement? Yeah literally go **** yourself, I’m not playing 300 hours again before I can add some graphic mods.
u avin a giggle there m8?

User Info: Bumbleoni

Bumbleoni
6 months ago#10
LanternOfAsh posted...
I’m not playing 300 hours again

It took me around 20 hours to get all the achievements, I went as fast as I could and only did side stuff that pertained to achievements. To get leveled for the legendary dragon I used two handed weapons/restoration spells and blocked giants for big xp gains
GT: Bumbleoni
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLfO738Ok5Y
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft Looking To Add Support for Xbox Live Game Mods

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived