Do you prefer the halo or COD games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you prefer the halo or COD games?

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
2 months ago#81
Landonio posted...

LMAO. This is just getting hilarious at this point. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's everywhere. Halo has been highly critiqued by newcomers and long-time fans alike for 8 years now. Ever since Reach. Just do a simple search on Beyond, Waypoint, YouTube, Reddit, anywhere. People have written f***ing theses on this s*** (me too).

Also, I've played for much more than "a couple hours". And I like how in your very next post you claim I have "zero play time". So which is it? You seem to know me so well.

ADS is a problem too, but not the extent of mechanics like sprint, clamber, thrust, etc. because it does not really alter the gameplay in the competitive modes. But in casual, it's incredibly dumb. Headshot multipliers for automatic weapons? What was 343 smoking. But regardless, it doesn't change the fact that it's completely pointless and adds nothing to the game. It was solely added to appeal to CoD kids. To believe otherwise is naive. There was nothing wrong with the regular zoom. No one ever complained about it or said it needed to be changed. One example of Halo's unique identity being tossed to the wayside for the sake money and casual appeal.

Also, to say that the "new" mechanics don't change the gameplay and that the game is "damn near the same" is abosolutely laughable and just factually incorrect. The "new" mechanics have a HUGE impact on gameplay, and the fact that you believe otherwise given how much time you've claim to had with Halo is difficult to fathom. It's apparent from the get-go. Skill-ceiling higher? Oh boy. CE and H2 blow the doors off of H5 in terms of skill gap, and it isn't even close. Those games are timeless. There is nothing "dated" about them. I can play them and have just as much fun now as I did 10-15 years ago. I doubt you know the nuances of those games either though.

And newsflash, but "outmaneuvering" an opponent has always been something that's been in Halo, and something that's been really important. You don't need forced, easy mode, get-out-of-jail free single-button-push mechanics like sprint and thrust to do the work for you. The difference is in classic Halo you actually had access to the golden triangle while doing it and weren't locked into a canned animation. You were also punished more for your mistakes and map movement was more calculated.

And nothing I've talked about is really relevant to the H3 playlist. At least gameplay-wise. It's probably the best thing 343's done with H5 period, apart from making map packs free. Maybe if that playlist launched with the game I'd still be playing it.

Your profile has never played Halo 5, that information is publicly available so I don't know why you're lying about that. 0 games in Arena, 0 games in warzone, 0 missions completed in campaign, 0 achievements.

Sounds like you're just one of those people that thinks the BR is the only weapon that should actually be usable, which is incredibly stupid. The assault rifle needs that bonus damage to be balanced since the precision weapons still have the lowest TTK with perfect kills. Automatic weapons are useless in older games because they were always significantly inferior to precision weapons, even in close quarters since the BR even had a lower TTK than dual SMGs. You could have perfect accuracy with an AR and still be outshot at essentially point blank range by a BR, even if they missed a burst. That is just poor design, something both Halo 2 and 3 have been criticized on for years.

5 is just the more balanced game and from the profile that you yourself claimed is yours, you haven't played it so until you can provide some sort of evidence that their site is wrong, your opinion will continue to be invalid. Also if Halo 3 was so much better there would be more than a few hundred people playing it at any given time, instead most people that play Halo are on 5

User Info: FlyEaglesFly24

FlyEaglesFly24
2 months ago#82
That actually might have to do more with Halo MCC alienating its fan base at launch and the fact that Halo 5 is available on Gamepass. Just saying.
I just changed my signature because the Eagles won the Super Bowl!
-February 4th, 2018

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
2 months ago#83
FlyEaglesFly24 posted...
That actually might have to do more with Halo MCC alienating its fan base at launch and the fact that Halo 5 is available on Gamepass. Just saying.

That doesn’t change the fact Halo 3 sold so well and was given for free to everyone in a GWG promotion, and the DLC is now free IIRC, as well as being available to play via BC, yet only a few hundred people are playing it where Halo 5 is among the most active XBL games.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.

User Info: FlyEaglesFly24

FlyEaglesFly24
2 months ago#84
flame030191 posted...
FlyEaglesFly24 posted...

That doesn’t change the fact Halo 3 sold so well and was given for free to everyone in a GWG promotion, and the DLC is now free IIRC, as well as being available to play via BC, yet only a few hundred people are playing it where Halo 5 is among the most active XBL games.

You do really that’s not an accurate representation of the situation here right? What you should be doing is assessing player counts for Halo 3 two years after release and compare them to Halo 5 player counts two years after release to see if there is a difference. People aren’t gonna play Halo 3 on the 360 anymore. Halo 3 came out over a decade ago.
I just changed my signature because the Eagles won the Super Bowl!
-February 4th, 2018

User Info: smurfsn1p3r

smurfsn1p3r
2 months ago#85
I loved Halo 1-reach. Halo 4 and up are becoming more lie CoD, and I cannot stand it. No more skill involved in halo Matchmaking anymore.
Any problems with me buying digital, then by all means send me Physical copies of the games you do not want me to own digitally

Rand_Aybara
2 months ago#86
smurfsn1p3r posted...
I loved Halo 1-reach. Halo 4 and up are becoming more lie CoD, and I cannot stand it. No more skill involved in halo Matchmaking anymore.

5 requires more skill than 2, 3, or Reach.

User Info: smurfsn1p3r

smurfsn1p3r
2 months ago#87
Rand_Aybara posted...
smurfsn1p3r posted...

Hardly true. I could go in and wreck 5 any day without having to learn the maps, just last week I went 17-4 and haven't touched the game in over a year. Casuals are doing good in Halo 5. Halo 2-3 I was a legit 50. stopped playing them around 2010. Came back when MCC came out and I playing like a rank 10, took me a while to get back into the grove, and while I will never be as good as I was in halo 3, I can play the same way no matter the amount of time i take off Halo 5.

Reach I liked the Single player, and Firefights(reach multiplayer was weak.)
Any problems with me buying digital, then by all means send me Physical copies of the games you do not want me to own digitally

User Info: knight1014139

knight1014139
2 months ago#88
smurfsn1p3r posted...
Rand_Aybara posted...
smurfsn1p3r posted...

Hardly true. I could go in and wreck 5 any day without having to learn the maps, just last week I went 17-4 and haven't touched the game in over a year. Casuals are doing good in Halo 5. Halo 2-3 I was a legit 50. stopped playing them around 2010. Came back when MCC came out and I playing like a rank 10, took me a while to get back into the grove, and while I will never be as good as I was in halo 3, I can play the same way no matter the amount of time i take off Halo 5.

There is definitely skill involved with 5.
XBL Gamertag: TheRevan Lord
https://soundcloud.com/user-720481272

User Info: Nevercomingdown

Nevercomingdown
2 months ago#89
So here we have people with hundreds of hours in each halo game from CE-5 saying sprint, thrust, clamber, ads and other H5 changes don't alter the Halo formula all that much. And some guy named Landonio, with 0 hours on his tag in H5, is saying they're completely wrong. Interesting.
GT: Elesp || PSN: DestroyTheEnd

Rand_Aybara
2 months ago#90
smurfsn1p3r posted...
Rand_Aybara posted...
smurfsn1p3r posted...

I don't believe any of this. You're also comparing taking a year off from one game compared to taking at least four off from the other. I still play as well as I used to in Halo 3, I played it again for the first time about two weeks ago since Reach came out and I was going positive in each match, same result with Reach.

I took a couple months off from Halo 5 at the need of last year and it took me a few weeks to get back to where I was when I stopped this month.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you prefer the halo or COD games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived