Sea of thieves or far cry 5?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Sea of thieves or far cry 5?

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
4 months ago#21
Qwert379 posted...
The_Hedon posted...
Qwert379 posted...
The_Hedon posted...
Qwert379 posted...
Are they releasing SoT just 7 days before Far cry 5???? Have microsoft learnt nothing from ROTTR release? SoT is going to suffer the same fate as Battleborn

Huh?

People are going to spend their money buying FC5 and ignore SoT at launch

Nah they will buy both if they want both. I am also.

$120 in the space of 1 week is a lot for most people, ROTTR released close to Fallout 4 and it's sales were terrible, battleborn died despite releasing one month before Overwatch, Titanfall 2 died because it released close to Battlefield 1

Tomb Raider actually sold pretty well. Over a million in 2015 on one platform that only had an install base of ~12-14 million

User Info: Qwert379

Qwert379
4 months ago#22
Rand_Aybara posted...
Qwert379 posted...
The_Hedon posted...
Qwert379 posted...
The_Hedon posted...
Qwert379 posted...
Are they releasing SoT just 7 days before Far cry 5???? Have microsoft learnt nothing from ROTTR release? SoT is going to suffer the same fate as Battleborn

Huh?

$120 in the space of 1 week is a lot for most people, ROTTR released close to Fallout 4 and it's sales were terrible, battleborn died despite releasing one month before Overwatch, Titanfall 2 died because it released close to Battlefield 1

Tomb Raider actually sold pretty well. Over a million in 2015 on one platform that only had an install base of ~12-14 million
That was Xbox 1 and 360 numbers combined, but it still undersold heavily that SE needed to rush the PC port out cutting X1 timed exclusivity from 12 months to 3 months for that game

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
4 months ago#23
Qwert379 posted...
Rand_Aybara posted...
Qwert379 posted...
The_Hedon posted...
Qwert379 posted...
The_Hedon posted...
Qwert379 posted...

Huh?

That was Xbox 1 and 360 numbers combined, but it still undersold heavily that SE needed to rush the PC port out cutting X1 timed exclusivity from 12 months to 3 months for that game

No it wasn't, all of the Xbox One games published by Microsoft released in holiday 2015 sold over 1 million copies on Xbox One. The port wasn't rushed either, an early 2016 release date was announced in July 2015.

User Info: shads3055

shads3055
4 months ago#24
Sea of thieves

User Info: cory1225

cory1225
4 months ago#25
FarCry 5!

Sea of thieves is kind of bland
i5 6600k | GTX 1080 | 16Gb

User Info: blingbling078

blingbling078
4 months ago#26
Going withbfar cry 5

How much is season pass? Or better just get gold version

User Info: BarneyBosco

BarneyBosco
4 months ago#27
^^ Yeah, spend $100 on a wallet making/milking simulator you've already played before and never finished TC. Always buy these types of games used for around $20 that way you can buy the season passes and get the full game for the normal going rate. That is if you don't get bored and move on to a better game.
http://celebmafia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Ana-Ivanovic-5.jpg
PSN J_Frost77 search my PSN to join the Divinity Original Sin Community

User Info: TheCyborgNinja

TheCyborgNinja
4 months ago#28
Far Cry 5 is more of the same, but Sea of Thieves (beta) wasn't fun at all to me. I wanted to get behind it, but just found it too dull and repetitive. FC5 will probably be what I get...
"message parlor" ? do you mean the post office ? - SlayerX888

User Info: EliteZephyr

EliteZephyr
4 months ago#29
I see a lot of people disparaging Sea of Thieves but it's going to be one of those word and mouth games, especially when it always tops the Twitch charts when a Scale Test is on. I have no doubt this game will have some great lifetime sales.

Also, you can get both for £55 if you get Game Pass.
"We're simply sociopaths with no communication, baby! I see you're angle but we differ in our point of view! So tell me, what's your cross to bear?"

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
4 months ago#30
Qwert379 posted...
The_Hedon posted...
Qwert379 posted...
The_Hedon posted...
Qwert379 posted...

Huh?

Nah it's not an issue at all. I mean it could be an issue for FC5 if anything but it's not. With game pass it will be played a,ton as well. Everyone here says they are getting game pass anyway.
XBL: xHedon
PSN: Kvally
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Sea of thieves or far cry 5?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived