How would you bring back Saints Row?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How would you bring back Saints Row?

User Info: calinks

calinks
1 month ago#1
Lets say you wanted to make a new game that would make a splash, at the very least, be received very positively. What would you do to bring the franchise back?
Dragon Age is hilarious!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqJVUPPegMY

User Info: StaticPenguin

StaticPenguin
1 month ago#2
Just reboot it.

User Info: grampamurked

grampamurked
1 month ago#3
I wouldn't bother. Rockstar has that market cornered. I would focus my efforts elsewhere.
Steam ID: H8Laggers PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU GT: H8laggers
Currently playing: The keyboard on my smartphone.

User Info: Nazanir

Nazanir
1 month ago#4
I wouldn't.

Sometimes you just have to cut your losses.

SR2 was fantastic, 3 was a step back (still fun) and 4 was actually DLC to SR3, but was pushed as a full fledged game that kind destroyed most of the base game in favour of the whackiness that is SR.

Even the dev doesn't know what SR is anymore. Better to shift your efforts to a different game, pretty sure that only a few people are truly interested in a SR game now. It would take too much effort to get the people back after 3 and 4.
XboX GT/Steam/Wii-U - Nazanir

User Info: Eyekon313

Eyekon313
1 month ago#5
SR 3 and 4 were my favorites they finally accepted they are a GTA clone and went their own direction.

User Info: BahamutBBob

BahamutBBob
1 month ago#6
StaticPenguin posted...
Just reboot it.

This. Saints Row 3 gameplay, Saints Row 2 feeling everything else. IMO, SR2 was the best one in the series, but would be better if they went for that atmosphere with the improved gameplay from SR3/4. I enjoyed SR3 and 4 quite a bit (not so much 1, that game was rough) but not as much as SR2.
XBL / PSN / Steam / NNID: BahamutBBob
3DS: 2320 - 6245 - 8788

User Info: TheCyborgNinja

TheCyborgNinja
1 month ago#7
StaticPenguin posted...
Just reboot it.

This. Make it funny, but something wholly new outside of the themes, map (conquering), and wealth of side-content. Agents of Mayhem wasn't a bad game, but it needed co-op. Without that, it was way too generic.
"message parlor" ? do you mean the post office ? - SlayerX888

User Info: cory1225

cory1225
1 month ago#8
Reboot it to the style of 1 + 2
i5 6600k | GTX 1080 | 16Gb

User Info: metroidman92

metroidman92
1 month ago#9
Eyekon313 posted...
SR 3 and 4 were my favorites they finally accepted they are a GTA clone and went their own direction.

2 was better than any GTA I've played.
"Now would be an excellent time for procreation!"

User Info: simonbelmont2

simonbelmont2
1 month ago#10
I'd make a Saints game where the Saints were the cops chasing the gangs. I'd also go back to Stillwater as it was a more interesting city. A reboot could probably work or an alternate reality plot.
And I'll face no shame. Cause tonight's the night I die for our name
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How would you bring back Saints Row?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived