So PUBG Is a ginormous bonafide success on Xbox One for January and keeps going

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So PUBG Is a ginormous bonafide success on Xbox One for January and keeps going

User Info: ColorBlindGamer

ColorBlindGamer
7 months ago#1
One of the biggest games in the world continued to dominate in January. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds was the No. 4 best-seller in the United States last month, according to industry-tracking firm The NPD Group. What’s impressive is that only includes “physical” and digital sales on Xbox One and not Steam sales on PC.

PUBG, a last-player-standing shooter that debuted on PC in Early Access last April, launched on the Xbox One December 12 for $30. During that month, it was the No. 7 best-selling game. Its momentum has not dropped off in January, as it outsold perennial huge games like Grand Theft Auto V, NBA 2K18, and more across all platforms.

On Xbox One, the only console it is available for at the moment, it was the No. 2 best-selling game of the month behind only Monster Hunter: World. This means it outsold the hot new fighting game Dragon Ball FighterZ from publisher Bandai Namco. It also outperformed Call of Duty: WWII.

Holy ravioli check that out.

The most popular game in the world right seems to be doing pretty damn well on the Xbox. The original Battle Royal game is a massive success climbing the spots into January. It's competition Fortnite nowhere to be found

https://venturebeat.com/2018/02/21/january-npd-2018-monster-hunter-even-slays-beasts-like-call-of-duty-and-pubg/
Nothing comes out as you plan it out to be.

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
7 months ago#2
@ColorBlindGamer posted...
One of the biggest games in the world continued to dominate in January. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds was the No. 4 best-seller in the United States last month, according to industry-tracking firm The NPD Group. What’s impressive is that only includes “physical” and digital sales on Xbox One and not Steam sales on PC.

PUBG, a last-player-standing shooter that debuted on PC in Early Access last April, launched on the Xbox One December 12 for $30. During that month, it was the No. 7 best-selling game. Its momentum has not dropped off in January, as it outsold perennial huge games like Grand Theft Auto V, NBA 2K18, and more across all platforms.

On Xbox One, the only console it is available for at the moment, it was the No. 2 best-selling game of the month behind only Monster Hunter: World. This means it outsold the hot new fighting game Dragon Ball FighterZ from publisher Bandai Namco. It also outperformed Call of Duty: WWII.

The most popular game in the world right seems to be doing pretty damn well on the Xbox. The original Battle Royal game is a massive success climbing the spots into January. It's competition Fortnite nowhere to be found

https://venturebeat.com/2018/02/21/january-npd-2018-monster-hunter-even-slays-beasts-like-call-of-duty-and-pubg/

Damn, that is some serious REKTage right there my friend. Glad to see Xbox continue to do so well.
XBL: xHedon
PSN: Kvally

ColorBlindGamer
7 months ago#3
The_Hedon posted...
@ColorBlindGamer posted...

Damn, that is some serious REKTage right there my friend. Glad to see Xbox continue to do so well.

It's not even counting the PC/Steam release sales this is just on Xbox alone. CRAZY

User Info: chex81

chex81
7 months ago#4
The game is amazing now after multiple patches, such an awesome game that reinvigorated my enjoyment of online shooters
XBL: chex81 || NNID: phasma81

ColorBlindGamer
7 months ago#5
chex81 posted...
The game is amazing now after multiple patches, such an awesome game that reinvigorated my enjoyment of online shooters

That it has. I rather have games like this be on top and give the COD hype a break.

User Info: Xoned

Xoned
7 months ago#6
It's a beast. LOL

User Info: pelon213

pelon213
7 months ago#7
Great game, any news on when final version will be out or around when? Will all stats reset when its finally out?
XboX Tag = XAztec WarriorX
STEAM = Pelon213

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
7 months ago#8
And yet more people still prefer Fortnite to PUBG.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.

User Info: Xoned

Xoned
7 months ago#9
flame030191 posted...

Of course more people have less choice between the two as well(Console wise)

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
7 months ago#10
Xoned posted...
flame030191 posted...

Of course more people have less choice between the two as well(Console wise)

I’m talking about solely on Xbox One. Fortnite is the most played and better reviewed game on MS Store where PUBG is sitting at #5 last I checked.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So PUBG Is a ginormous bonafide success on Xbox One for January and keeps going

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived