When you game on-line do you use wireless (WiFi) or wired?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. When you game on-line do you use wireless (WiFi) or wired?

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
4 months ago#1
topic - Results (36 votes)
Wireless
38.89% (14 votes)
Wired
55.56% (20 votes)
I don't game on-line
5.56% (2 votes)
other
0% (0 votes)
This poll is now closed.
topic

User Info: kingofjamaica

kingofjamaica
4 months ago#2
Wireless unfortunately.

Would be too big a pain in the ass to run ethernet from my router to my bedroom.
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.

User Info: SockNight

SockNight
4 months ago#3
Wireless. I have good internet and a superior router then most others so I don't have problems online.

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
4 months ago#4
SockNight posted...
Wireless. I have good internet and a superior router then most others so I don't have problems online.

The argument is going to happen so may as well start it now....

A good router isn't going to change the fact that you're getting less throughput which results in slower downloads, and that you will have more latency, noticeable in some games.
My breathing code is b-binary

User Info: qazqazcookies

qazqazcookies
4 months ago#5
Wireless, i understand it is objectively inferior but its rare i have a problem and its much more convenient for me personally

User Info: PUERTOxROCK

PUERTOxROCK
4 months ago#6
kingofjamaica posted...
Wireless unfortunately.

Would be too big a pain in the ass to run ethernet from my router to my bedroom.

Just do what I do...get a powerline adapter (uses the electrical wiring in your home to mimic a standard hardwire connection).

Plug one into an outlet near your router and plug the Ethernet cable in an available Ethernet port...
Plug the other one in an outlet next to your Xbox and plug the Ethernet cable into the Xbox...

Practically zero latency...straight wired is always supreme but this is the next best thing...
Just make sure you get one that supports the AV2000 standard for the fastest speed...
And it MUST be plugged straight into an outlet...surge protectors severely hamper their speed...

I have a top shelf gaming router myself and I always get better ping and lower latency with my powerline adapter...

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
4 months ago#7
I am far too angry to play online, I rage extremely easily, but I stay wired.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. When you game on-line do you use wireless (WiFi) or wired?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived