Has a game ever "gone too far" for you?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Has a game ever "gone too far" for you?

User Info: PrintersChamp

PrintersChamp
7 months ago#11
I agree with grampamurked. Rape scenes, whether it's game or movies, makes me uncomfortable. I don't have children of my own, but that can be a sensitive issue too. One part in Assassins Creed origins shocked me a bit.
Xbl/psn printerschamp
3ds fc. 0001 3671 8122

User Info: DirtyRoller

DirtyRoller
7 months ago#12
Most Japanese developed games are just too damn silly for me. Japanese humor mostly just doesn't do it for me, and I disagree with what they typically consider to be "cute." Same with British humor, but they don't develop a lot of games fortunately.
GT: DirtyRoller

User Info: b166er01

b166er01
7 months ago#13
Discharged19DCS posted...
grampamurked posted...
Many Japanese games go too far for me. Don't like the way they portray under age girl characters.

Also games with rape are a huge turn off for me as well as movies with those scenes.

Yes, some of that stuff on PlayStation makes me a little uncomfortable. Especially as someone with my own children. And knowing that the type of people that play those games are probably the dregs of society makes it even worse. Some of those games simply shouldn’t be allowed to exist.

It’s the shining light of MS’s failure in Japan. We don’t see them on this console.

It's a slippery slope with thinking what kind of games shouldn't be made, and deciding the society status of ppl that play games that offend others. Im not defending any particular games. But if you're saying the ppl that play those games are the dregs, you've grouped in A LOT of PS4 gamers in Japan, not to mention the west.
Yes, I wear glasses. No, I'm not a hipster; I actually need them

User Info: grampamurked

grampamurked
7 months ago#14
b166er01 posted...
grampamurked posted...
Many Japanese games go too far for me. Don't like the way they portray under age girl characters.

Also games with rape are a huge turn off for me as well as movies with those scenes.

Yes, some of that stuff on PlayStation makes me a little uncomfortable. Especially as someone with my own children. And knowing that the type of people that play those games are probably the dregs of society makes it even worse. Some of those games simply shouldn’t be allowed to exist.

It’s the shining light of MS’s failure in Japan. We don’t see them on this console.

It's a slippery slope with thinking what kind of games shouldn't be made, and deciding the society status of ppl that play games that offend others. Im not defending any particular games. But if you're saying the ppl that play those games are the dregs, you've grouped in A LOT of PS4 gamers in Japan, not to mention the west.

I don't think that was his intention.
Steam ID: H8Laggers PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU GT: H8laggers
Currently playing: The keyboard on my smartphone.

User Info: krazykiwikid

krazykiwikid
7 months ago#15
grampamurked posted...

Bingo. I hate the fact that those gross as f*** games that sexualize children exist on the PS4. It's seriously f***ed up that Sony condones them.

FYI just don't ever mention how you're against those games on the PS4 board. I did once and since then I've literally had people screen shot every single one of my posts (even ones that have nothing to do with that revolting subject) and try to attack me and run me off the board any time I post. Says a lot about those people really. Creepy as f***.

Oh and I guess that Chente guy felt like suiciding that alt...
If you wish to make a topic about Xbox One then do so. What happens with the PlayStation has nothing to do with Xbox - Gamefaqs moderator

User Info: EnemyWithin88

EnemyWithin88
7 months ago#16
da_StoOge posted...
I'll keep an eye on the thread to see if any examples pop up that I've forgotten about, but I read and watch a lot of seriously offensive stuff, so I don't think there's much a game to do to offend me.

Once you watch something like Visitor Q everything allowed in a video game seems pretty tame.

EDIT:

To answer the previous post (and you really should just ignore that guy and mark his message as offensive), I've read books and watched numerous rape scenes in films without ever being entertainedby them. The artists end goal isn't to always entertain.

I get why you don't like those scenes, though.

Big ups for mentioning q
Play Slow Die Ignorant

User Info: EnemyWithin88

EnemyWithin88
7 months ago#17
For me no. Hopefully one day I find one. Sure they make me "uncomfortable" or depressed etc but ive never said nope and turned it off or held some grudge.

Just watched grotesque myseld while making a list of the most messed up anime to watch since I've seen berserk, evangelion and elfen lied 2928482 times
Play Slow Die Ignorant

User Info: simonbelmont2

simonbelmont2
7 months ago#18
b166er01 posted...
grampamurked posted...

It is a slippery slope indeed and I wouldn't make assumptions about the people who play certain videogames.
And I'll face no shame. Cause tonight's the night I die for our name

User Info: Discharged19DCS

Discharged19DCS
7 months ago#19
simonbelmont2 posted...
b166er01 posted...
grampamurked posted...

It is a slippery slope indeed and I wouldn't make assumptions about the people who play certain videogames.

And what type of person does enjoy seeing young children in their underwear in video games?

User Info: simonbelmont2

simonbelmont2
7 months ago#20
simonbelmont2 posted...
b166er01 posted...
grampamurked posted...

And what type of person does enjoy seeing young children in their underwear in video games?

I'd ask why do people play those games? Is it because they are perving over videogame kids or because they just want another JRPG?
And I'll face no shame. Cause tonight's the night I die for our name
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Has a game ever "gone too far" for you?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived