Whats the verdict on Kingdom Come?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Whats the verdict on Kingdom Come?

User Info: Armyofone

Armyofone
7 months ago#61
bigboyhowdy2 posted...
So, I went ahead and bought it.

Started playing at noon yesterday and I lost track of the time, I think it was 8pm before I stopped.

The game REALLY sucks you in; it does an incredible job of making you feel like you're really in this medieval world.

Main character, Henry, is really likeable. I like the fact that he looks like an ugly peasant - you have to work really hard to move up the social ranks, and getting enough money to buy some decent clothing feels like a massive achievement.

Earlier today, I dug up some treasure with a breastplate and looted some plate leggings and arms.. and I was super shocked when a merchant confused me for a knight. It was a cool moment.

The game isn't as polished as some others on the market, and there are definitely some bugs, but it has a ton of potential and is fun to play.

U just sold the game to me, thanks

User Info: GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim
7 months ago#62
bigboyhowdy2 posted...
GinsuVictim posted...
Could someone confirm this:

I read that the disc version is only 168 MB and you have to download the game to actually play it.

Someone with a physical copy able to confirm/deny?

Confirm. Theres a huuuge download, but the game lets you play at around the 15gb mark (if i recall) but I wouldn't recommend it, the first hour I played, the textures were buggy.

If it downloads as a patch, wouldn't you have to download the entire thing before you could play?
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)

User Info: Digivillain

Digivillain
7 months ago#63
xcmon3yx2 posted...
one i saw the words "deep silver" attached to the game, i already knew it was going to be mediocre at best

All that says about you is that you lack the common knowledge in the hobby you partake in to know the difference between those involved in creating a game and this who print the discs.

Anyways, the game is fantastic so far. Easily one of the most well-written RPGs in a long time. I can see this game being a cult-hit without a doubt.
Murder-Death-Kill

User Info: TonyMontana916

TonyMontana916
7 months ago#64
What’s this game about? Like gameplay wise what is it? Is it like Skyrim and Witcher or something else?
My Big Boss Emblem, Achieved 6/21/2008 http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn0500wx6.jpg

User Info: bluewolf51313

bluewolf51313
7 months ago#65
I preordered this game, and I must say I am having a surprisingly fantastic time with it.
I keep reading conflicting reports saying that the other platforms got the big day one patch, but xbox didn't. And others saying it did. So I'm not sure if I'm playing it with the massive update, as I saw that was coming for xbox on Friday.
And if this is the unmatched version, it isnt bad. Most of the silly glitches I have came across have been pretty funny, I even uploaded one vid to a KCD group. And I also have not had any game crashes yet. Mainly just graphic ones, or NPC doing funny stuff.

I like that things you do actually have an effect on what the NPC feel about and say to you. I got caught trying to pickpocket somebody, and everyone in that general area tells me to scram, or leave, unless I pay up. What u wear, how clean you are, your reputation in an area, perks, all figure into how you are treated, how much of a discount you can get at shops, etc.
I have already found some markers for quest givers, who when I ask about a quest, says they don't know anything, but after I cleaned up and got some halfway nice shiny armor, was more then willing to throw some work(quests and activities) my way.
Game has gotten me totally immersed into this fantastical realized realistic medieval world.

I guarantee you this game will have a mass cult following in time. And the devs said they plan to keep working and updating this game for a very long time.
A game unlike any I have ever played, old school meets new, with a nice touch of oblivion thrown in
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." George S. Patton

bluewolf51313
7 months ago#66
@TonyMontana916 posted...
What’s this game about? Like gameplay wise what is it? Is it like Skyrim and Witcher or something else?

It's a first person open world game.
It's like oblivion, but without magic, dragons, orcs, etc. It does have alchemy and potions, that effect stats and people/animals around you.

The map is roughly half the size of skyrim, but much more dense and interesting. It is a hardcore game tho, as many of the mechanics, like sword fighting, pickpocketing, lockpicking, can have a steep learning curve, and if you don't have the patience to practice and learn each mechanic, I can see people giving up on this game and then bashing it in some form or another

User Info: cheezedadada

cheezedadada
7 months ago#67
bluewolf51313 posted...
I can see people giving up on this game and then bashing it in some form or another

I saw a user review where the user mentioned it being a 5 star game, but he gave it 1 star because of the lockpicking mini-game.

It was my mistake for reading the user reviews in the first place though because they can get so incredibly cringe-worthy at times. User reviews are unfortunately worthless to me because of stuff like that.
XBL(Main)- cheezedadada / PSN(Exclusives)- cheezedadadada
ELEX is a janky mess, but it's also one of the best RPGs I've played in a long while.

User Info: kennyynnoo

kennyynnoo
7 months ago#68
Its a game that will be awesome with mods.
Ps4/x1/pc

User Info: HentaiMan

HentaiMan
7 months ago#69
bigboyhowdy2 posted...
GinsuVictim posted...

I read that the disc version is only 168 MB and you have to download the game to actually play it.

Confirm. Theres a huuuge download, but the game lets you play at around the 15gb mark (if i recall) but I wouldn't recommend it, the first hour I played, the textures were buggy.

Ew. What was the other game to do that lazy bait/switch? I recall another
https://youtu.be/Xl552rK8Sjo https://i.imgur.com/Mr374Y0.jpg https://i.imgur.com/COylKWt.jpg
Kirby fan <(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

bluewolf51313
7 months ago#70
HentaiMan posted...
bigboyhowdy2 posted...
GinsuVictim posted...

Ew. What was the other game to do that lazy bait/switch? I recall another

The submitted full game is on the disc.
And to the bait and switch game mentioned, wasn't it Tony hawk 5 that only had like the first lvl or something on disc and the rest needed to be downloaded?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Whats the verdict on Kingdom Come?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived