• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. when will selling digital games become a thing....

User Info: Mindbend8er

Mindbend8er
10 months ago#1
2 years or more
game tag - mindbend8r

User Info: HarryWarden

HarryWarden
10 months ago#2
Sooner the better. The ability to somehow trade in or sell them would be great; as of now, those are the two biggest benefits of physical media.

User Info: Saysdawg

Saysdawg
10 months ago#3
Never.
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers

User Info: Saysdawg

Saysdawg
10 months ago#4
Selling back games is about supply and demand. Used game stores buy used games and turn around and sell them at a profit. Digital license retailers have an unlimited supply. They don't gain anything from buying back your digital license.
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
10 months ago#5
never because digital games hold no value once they've been used

you buy the license to play them, not the data itself
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/004_zpskcg7thdf.jpg

User Info: MRL3G3ND

MRL3G3ND
10 months ago#6
never lmao thats why they are trying so hard to push that why..and droves of people eat it up lol
thats the whole reason why companies want to go digital, you can't trade it
and they get away with murder by charging the same price as the physical copy lmao
they cut out, manufacturing, packaging, shipping, and retail....they cut up roughly 60% of what it takes to get a physical copy to you...and they DO NOT pass that savings down

digital is AIR, and whats crazy is that they still pack extras in the case...and we both payed the same
The Beauty of Fallout 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXWI8jil6mg

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
10 months ago#7
Saysdawg posted...
Selling back games is about supply and demand. Used game stores buy used games and turn around and sell them at a profit. Digital license retailers have an unlimited supply. They don't gain anything from buying back your digital license.

This. And this is why I still buy a lot of physical games.
"Most people do not listen with the intent to understand. Most people listen with the intent to reply."

User Info: Boogie_WoogieWu

Boogie_WoogieWu
10 months ago#8
Places like Steam, PSN, GOG, and XBL have been selling digital games for over a decade.

User Info: GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim
10 months ago#9
Boogie_WoogieWu posted...
Places like Steam, PSN, GOG, and XBL have been selling digital games for over a decade.

Obviously he means users selling/trading their licenses.
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)

User Info: OldDarkElf

OldDarkElf
10 months ago#10
You can't sell something you don't own. So no, it will never happen.
Attention Gamefaqs moderators; do your damn jobs!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. when will selling digital games become a thing....
  • Topic Archived