• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. OK so I tried out some different pads for Tekken on XB1

User Info: icecutter17

icecutter17
10 months ago#1
xb1 pad isn't awful, it's better than 360 one, but still ultimately can't use it for me

so I tried:

Mortal Kombat pad
looks decent right? Awful pad though, d-pad is too small (why, I just don't know) and front buttons are placed on a slant making pushing 2 buttons together (e.g. x + y) basically impossible.

Looks good but basically impossible to use to play Tekken

x91 controller
I wanted to like this pad. I really did.
It looks great to me (got white version), felt great also, thought it could be the one.
What a disappointment to find a flaw in the d-pad (what I bought it for), the down-forward diagonal basically does not register. Again it became a useless pad for Tekken, a shame because I wanted to love it so. It could be a unique flaw to the pad I was given but I've a feeling it is a design flaw to all of them.

I sent it back to the shop and am awaiting my refund.

Hori Pro pad
well what a surprise that the best pad for me for Tekken on xb1 was a controller that was just like a ds3 except with the d-pad and left stick swapped places. Really impressed me, even with d-pad in that location it was still pretty comfortable and I could play Kazuya well on Tekken, doing all his moves with no problem. I got the pad here in UK from Argos for £25 or something it was worth the buy. But checking Argos again just now I could no longer find the pad! Maybe I got one from last batch.

That's it!
People are gonna say whatabout Fighting Commander pad, sure it looks good, but it's being sold where I live for near £40 and I'm not willing to pay that price.

Hope this post may help ppl!
Even angels cast shadows

User Info: Rancid_Skank

Rancid_Skank
10 months ago#2
Just splash out on the Fighting Commander if you want something other than a standard controller for fighting games and don't want to pay for an arcade stick.

I've gone through them all over multiple generations and it's by far the best - the only negative is that there is no turbo function.

I've broken countless Mad Catz SF fight pads, and the MKX branded one broke within an hour. I'm not even all that heavy handed either - on MXX one of the bumpers was block and it stopped registering almost immediately.
GT: RancidSkank
PSN: Rancid_UK

User Info: Marshall_Law

Marshall_Law
10 months ago#3
I've had the Tekken 7 arcade stick since launch. Used it once and hated it(or maybe it was that I didn't like the new Tekken much)

Now it been sitting in my closet. Maybe someday someone will buy it. He'll it still has the DLC chick in the box
" people of the nation do not understand our banking system, if they did there would be a revolution before morning." - Henry Ford

User Info: TheCyborgNinja

TheCyborgNinja
10 months ago#4
Import the fighting commander from a cheaper market. Amazon's other sites ship globally and the S/h usually is pretty cheap. It is still less money than buying a truckload of garbage controllers to see which is your favourite crappy one.
"message parlor" ? do you mean the post office ? - SlayerX888

icecutter17
10 months ago#5
TheCyborgNinja posted...
Import the fighting commander from a cheaper market. Amazon's other sites ship globally and the S/h usually is pretty cheap. It is still less money than buying a truckload of garbage controllers to see which is your favourite crappy one.

Is it really that good?

The hori Pro pad is OK for me, don't mind sticking with it
Even angels cast shadows

icecutter17
10 months ago#6
Rancid_Skank posted...
Just splash out on the Fighting Commander if you want something other than a standard controller for fighting games and don't want to pay for an arcade stick.

I've gone through them all over multiple generations and it's by far the best - the only negative is that there is no turbo function.

I've broken countless Mad Catz SF fight pads, and the MKX branded one broke within an hour. I'm not even all that heavy handed either - on MXX one of the bumpers was block and it stopped registering almost immediately.

TheCyborgNinja posted...

it went down in price, so I ordered one

we will see if it lives up to the hype!
Even angels cast shadows

User Info: mike468

mike468
10 months ago#7
I've gone though just as many, if not more, controllers, testing to try and find the best one for fighting games (between this current gen and last gen).

Hori fighting commander is the best one for any fighting game, any console hands down.

I wouldn't even bother with anything else. Just not worth it.

The only hori fighting commander I've head bad things about, is the SNES classic mini one, and that's only because it's wireless and has a horrible delay with the receiver, which is really unfortunate, because reviews have said it's actually good otherwise.
Triggered fanboys,make the internet go round. In the most disgusting way
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. OK so I tried out some different pads for Tekken on XB1
  • Topic Archived