All new Xbox One exclusives from MS Studios to be added to Game Pass on Day 1

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. All new Xbox One exclusives from MS Studios to be added to Game Pass on Day 1

User Info: Crysiania

Crysiania
2 months ago#161
$10 renting a game for a month.
Its cheaper than $60 when I usually play them less than a month.

What I don't understand is what microsoft get out of it? The prices would need to go up considerably for it to be worth it for them.

If xbox one has 3 exclusives lets say this year, you could pay $10 one month, take holidays and binge all 3 games and then play them all for $10 instead of $180?

What's the downside exactly? Seems kind of too good to be true.

User Info: ChiefStabaHoe

ChiefStabaHoe
2 months ago#162
Crysiania posted...

What I don't understand is what microsoft get out of it? The prices would need to go up considerably for it to be worth it for them.

If xbox one has 3 exclusives lets say this year, you could pay $10 one month, take holidays and binge all 3 games and then play them all for $10 instead of $180?

I think it's to get them out the way

If anything it's kinda similar to EA access when u get some games for free but I get a discount on them including new and old games.
In this world, the strong devour the weak. Who are the strong? I am...i am the f****** strong- Ken Kaneki

User Info: Xoned

Xoned
2 months ago#163
ChiefStabaHoe posted...
Crysiania posted...

I think it's to get them out the way

If anything it's kinda similar to EA access when u get some games for free but I get a discount on them including new and old games.

If the discounts are all digital, and you want to buy the game, you might be more inclined to go digital, which would make MS more money, and open up the possibility to MS, if not the XBOX to go mainly, to all digital first?

User Info: bh7812

bh7812
2 months ago#164
The_Hedon posted...
Holy hell!!! And it's not even streaming!

MS is utterly humiliating and embarrassing Sony with Game Pass and BC. They're doing both exactly how the gamers asked for. Game Pass lets you download the games to play locally, no streaming required. With BC you can play both the digital versions of the BC games or if you have the discs you can play with those as well. Sony isn't for the gamers, guys. If they were, they'd have done this all exactly to the letter how the gamers wanted! Now I truly believe they're gonna pay big time for that refusal. Nintendo is already making them bleed, this is just gonna make that bleed out even worse. Good. Serves them right. They're now going to have to respond to all of this and give in on a lot. Their choice is either make everything on PS Now downloadable and playable locally and allow disc plus digital based PS1 and 2 BC or face further consequences for it. It truly seems gamers are finally beginning to see through Sony's bulls*** and they aren't having it. Good for them. I'm seriously tempted by Game Pass and I'm more than likely going to sub to it at some point this year. THIS is how you do it. This is truly for the gamers.

User Info: TheSL1Club

TheSL1Club
2 months ago#165
killaSeason007 posted...
CI254 posted...
Not to sound ungrateful by any means, this is huge, but I seriously want to know what is their end goal with this? From hyped $60 releases to a cost on par with a Netflix sub. How do they benefit from this?

better to have someone paying you every month then just one time. Thats what i think. If they gain a certain percentage of more gamepass subscribers im thinking they would make more money. It will hurt the sales of their exclusives overall i think thought but in the long run will be more profitable.

But people can literally only sub for the month that particular new game came out, finish it and unsub, then sub again when the next new game come out. This will hurt the sale of their new IPS.

User Info: Corrik

Corrik
2 months ago#166
TheSL1Club posted...
killaSeason007 posted...
CI254 posted...
Not to sound ungrateful by any means, this is huge, but I seriously want to know what is their end goal with this? From hyped $60 releases to a cost on par with a Netflix sub. How do they benefit from this?

better to have someone paying you every month then just one time. Thats what i think. If they gain a certain percentage of more gamepass subscribers im thinking they would make more money. It will hurt the sales of their exclusives overall i think thought but in the long run will be more profitable.

But people can literally only sub for the month that particular new game came out, finish it and unsub, then sub again when the next new game come out.

Probably costs more than $10 a month for a single month sub I would guess.
LoL ID = imajericho
XBL GT = Corrik

User Info: JKeezy85

JKeezy85
2 months ago#167
I may have to resub to gamepass for this
John Kirkwood March 13th, 1951-May 7th, 2010. God rest your soul, Dad.

User Info: Babbit55

Babbit55
2 months ago#168
TheSL1Club posted...
killaSeason007 posted...
CI254 posted...

But people can literally only sub for the month that particular new game came out, finish it and unsub, then sub again when the next new game come out. This will hurt the sale of their new IPS.

How often do you sub an unsub Netflix when there isn’t something you want to watch on?

Most people won’t bother unsubscribing if the price isn’t too high because people are lazy.
GT:- Babbit55
PC - i5 4670k, 16g ram, RX 480, 2tb hybrid drive.

User Info: wheelchairboy

wheelchairboy
2 months ago#169
Does game share work with Game Pass?
"These wheels are made for rollin', and that's just what they'll do, and one of these days these wheels are gonna roll all over you!" :)

User Info: TheSL1Club

TheSL1Club
2 months ago#170
The_Hedon posted...
Babbit55 posted...
The_Hedon posted...
Mr_Killstreak posted...
The_Hedon posted...
Mr_Killstreak posted...
Lol, a lot of sore jaws and chapped lips in this thread over a s***ty pirate game.

This thread has nothing to with Skull and Bones.

What the hell is skull and bones?

An indie title from Ubisoft that has pirates.

You do know what indie means right?

yup

So Ubisoft are indies now? Since when?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. All new Xbox One exclusives from MS Studios to be added to Game Pass on Day 1

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived