Anyone choose Xbox even though friends/family have PS4

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Anyone choose Xbox even though friends/family have PS4

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
4 months ago#51
Brownstone posted...
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2016/09/13/report-xbox-live-is-better-overall-than-psn/#7cbbdeca2159

https://www.polygon.com/2016/9/8/12851918/xbox-live-vs-playstation-network-which-is-faster

flame030191

You literally posted one article twice, just posted from two different sites. It also doesn’t take various factors into account like ISP, routers, and location. From what I hear, especially in Europe, XBL connections can be pretty inconsistent compared to PSN, and different routers and setups can cause some unexpected issues on one service or the other. For example, for my connection, I could just open up a couple of ports to get my PS4 to use 100% of the possible bandwidth allowed, but for my X1 I had to DMZ it in order for it to do so, simply going by MS’s guide on their support page didn’t cut it. As of right now, their max potential is equal for me, and depending on the day and time one can run faster than the other.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
4 months ago#52
flame030191 posted...
Brownstone posted...
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2016/09/13/report-xbox-live-is-better-overall-than-psn/#7cbbdeca2159

https://www.polygon.com/2016/9/8/12851918/xbox-live-vs-playstation-network-which-is-faster

flame030191

You literally posted one article twice, just posted from two different sites. It also doesn’t take various factors into account like ISP, routers, and location. From what I hear, especially in Europe, XBL connections can be pretty inconsistent compared to PSN, and different routers and setups can cause some unexpected issues on one service or the other. For example, for my connection, I could just open up a couple of ports to get my PS4 to use 100% of the possible bandwidth allowed, but for my X1 I had to DMZ it in order for it to do so, simply going by MS’s guide on their support page didn’t cut it. As of right now, their max potential is equal for me, and depending on the day and time one can run faster than the other.

Posted two sources just because. Anyway, your personal experience has nothing to do with the overall quality of both lives. I believe in you, but i can't take one or two personal experiences (which can favor any side or be biased, not to mention most of PS4 players i know agree with me on this) over actually science. For what we know, from reliable sources, Xbox live is superior.
Gamertag: Mr Brownstone64

User Info: BlackDesperado

BlackDesperado
4 months ago#53
Faltered_Beast posted...
every single person I know back home or where I work has ps4, yet I prefer Xbox. I caved and got a ps4 to play with them, only that never happens. Bloodborne alone is keeping my ps4 on life support.

I did the same thing for Street Fighter 5, and everyone's schedule is such that we only play when we're home for the holidays.
Dino Crisis..............Best .......game........ever!

User Info: Zweihanda

Zweihanda
4 months ago#54
BeefEaster posted...
why not buy multiple console?

it's allowed, I promise

Most believe it's taboo for some reason. Like you have to pick a side or something.

But what if someone owns all platforms, both past and present...?
PSN: Zweihanda
Xbox GT: Holy Empress Steam: [CLASSIFIED]

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
4 months ago#55
Zweihanda posted...
BeefEaster posted...

it's allowed, I promise

Most believe it's taboo for some reason. Like you have to pick a side or something.

Sometimes it's because of time, or lack of it. I don't have time to play everything i want on xbox, let alone all 3 consoles.
Gamertag: Mr Brownstone64

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
4 months ago#56
Zweihanda posted...
BeefEaster posted...

it's allowed, I promise

Some people don't have the time and/or money to support two consoles.
"Most people do not listen with the intent to understand. Most people listen with the intent to reply."

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
4 months ago#57
All my friends had NEO GEO Pocket Colors..so I was the odd man out.
GT: Bludluvr Now Playing Super Mario Galaxy, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, Super Mario 3D World, A Hat in Time(X1), Batman Arkham Knight(X1), Cuphead, Bayo1

User Info: SonyPonyTony

SonyPonyTony
4 months ago#58
I have both but I can’t imagine just having PS4. Maiming a console that relies on PSN seems like a nightmare to me
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
Forza defined the Car Simulator Genre, it was always the highest selling franchise in the genre by a HUGE margin. - Izraeil

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
4 months ago#59
All my friends have Xbox, my brother has a PS4 Pro but he only plays single player stuff.
Long live machine, The future supreme..
Man overthrown, Spit out the bone..
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Anyone choose Xbox even though friends/family have PS4

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived