Which weeb game are you getting this week?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Which weeb game are you getting this week?

User Info: Falchion92

Falchion92
6 months ago#21
Dragon Ball, because unlike most anime s*** it's actually good.
Xbox Live: Hahli Nuva

User Info: ssj954vegito

ssj954vegito
6 months ago#22
QueenTakhisis posted...
SammichTime posted...
Mr_Starch posted...
Fried posted...
Mr_Starch posted...
QueenTakhisis posted...
Alright, now I'm confused. What does weebo even mean? I thought it had something to do with anime girls?

I’m old, can you explain it to me too. Honestly

Japanese games

Ok sure, but why weboo? I’m just out of touch I guess.

Weeb or weeaboo is a non Japanese person acting like they are Japanese and obsessed with Japanese culture similar to Japanophile. Usually it is anime other media that is their focal point and considering all western culture inferior from an extreme fanboy standpoint. Nowadays the term has been often misused as a derogatory term for anything Japanese due to lazy edginess.

tl:dr Google or Bing weeaboo
Thanks, now I'm more confused than ever. I mean, if we start with Nioh, it's as weebo as it gets, right? It's made by Japanese people, is set in Japan, and is oozing Japanese culture. Dark Souls is also from a Japanese developer, and in the same genre. Wouldn't that make it a weebo game too? But Lords of the Fallen is very similar to both Nioh and Dark Souls, but it's from a Polish developer. So does that make LotF a weebo game? Or for that matter, what if Nioh was made by a Polish developer? It's as Japanese as it gets, so would be it be a weebo game? You can see why I'm genuinely confused what weebo even means. I don't even know if it's a bad thing or not.

Look at it this way, 9/10 times, it won't be used correctly. Unless you see someone hardcore fanboying about most/every aspect of Japanese culture and holding it wayyy above those of other cultures while not being born into it or living in Japan they aren't actual weebs.

The term is more used either jokingly or as a lazy insult to liking anything remotely Japanese nowadays though.
Proud to be EPic.
Time to go super saiyan!! https://gfycat.com/DisguisedHonorableImpala

User Info: TantrumBull

TantrumBull
6 months ago#23
QueenTakhisis posted...
Alright, now I'm confused. What does weebo even mean? I thought it had something to do with anime girls?

It's just a stupid insult people like to use because someone likes something they don't.
My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-EdWulYXqwGhkBEQcHEbkA
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Which weeb game are you getting this week?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived