Should Xbox live have a renting games thing...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Should Xbox live have a renting games thing...

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
4 weeks ago#11
@Foxx3k

I am thinking more along the lines of cheap ass kids/gamers who cant afford sixty dollars for the next big CoD or Fifa. Once they are addicted they will keep the rental. Do you really think that people stop playing the latest CoD after a month? Look a R6 Siege or GTA Online.

Or the Kid that wants Minecraft and says to their mother "But mooooom, its only one dollar a day for the full game" and then its four months down the line and the Dev has made more money than a single sale.

MS would be the publisher so the seventy five/twenty five split would be between MS and the Dev/Dev parent company.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: genesis145

genesis145
4 weeks ago#12
Just curious wouldn't it still only be the same type of games we get in game pass? I don't know all the details behind digital stuff but wouldn't devs have to ok each game to be able to be rented digitally? And I don't think MS would be in the business of distributing physical rentals.

agentspoon
4 weeks ago#13
@genesis145

It would be the same idea as Game Pass except with brand new titles. It would have its own section in my idea, only have one game "rented" at a time and you would need to manually "return" your game inside the Menu.

MS can revoke the right to use any Digital content so I dont see why they couldn;t have any automated system that revokes your right to the play the game once you "return" it.

Thats why I said there would be a twelve hour grace period before you can rent another to make sure the system has caught up.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?

genesis145
4 weeks ago#14
agentspoon posted...
@genesis145

It would be the same idea as Game Pass except with brand new titles. It would have its own section in my idea, only have one game "rented" at a time and you would need to manually "return" your game inside the Menu.

MS can revoke the right to use any Digital content so I dont see why they couldn;t have any automated system that revokes your right to the play the game once you "return" it.

Thats why I said their would be a twelve hour grace period before you can rent another to make sure the system has caught up.

I get that but my question is don't the devs/pubs of the game have to okay it to be rentable? I just don't see devs/pubs wanting the new games to be able to be rented on a massive scale like that. Or is MS allowed to make digital titles rentable without dev/pub consent? Which even if they did it without their consent that would just push more devs/pubs from making games for the xbox if they didn't want their game to be rentable on a massive scale and MS did it anyway.

agentspoon
4 weeks ago#15
@genesis145

Ah sorry. No, its the Devs choice like it is with game Pass and GwG.

genesis145
4 weeks ago#16
agentspoon posted...
@genesis145

Ah sorry. No, its the Devs choice like it is with game Pass and GwG.

Ah I see, would be a nice idea but with how many games launch broken, half assed etc I don't see devs wanting their brand new games to be rentable. It would mess with their sales tooo much
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Should Xbox live have a renting games thing...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived