Crytek: Xbox One X is comparable to a standard gaming PC.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Crytek: Xbox One X is comparable to a standard gaming PC.

User Info: uptown710

uptown710
6 months ago#91
Otterz4Life posted...
uptown710 posted...
More and more evidence that framerate takes a back seat to resolution. 1440/60 would’ve been an excellent goal and easily attainable. Sony and MS both screwed the pooch.

#9thGenOrBust

I'd say this qualifies as s*** posting.

How? Everything there stated is true. Very few devs are offering the option to prioritize framerate over resolution, and both consoles are guilty of it. It just seems to fall under the “it’s not praise so it’s s***posting” clause that I stated earlier.

I’ve been on record praising CDPR and Tecmo for offering games where players have the choice to pick which metric is prioritized. Is that s***posting as well?

MS and Sony released underpowered consoles at the beginning of the 8th gen. The Pro and 1X are band aids. How are they trying to step forward while clinging to old hardware?
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal

User Info: vashkey

vashkey
6 months ago#92
Games can be 60fps on current hardware. Devs just have try to prioritize that. Its been possible for ages. Just stop it.

Its not something that should be mandatory either. Developers should be free to make games that fit their vision. As soon as you dictate how devs their games the more homogenized they become.

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
6 months ago#93
ShELbY_GT500 posted...
flame030191 posted...
THEaircobra posted...
flame030191 posted...
THEaircobra posted...
uptown710 posted...
I’m “s***posting”

Pretty much all you do on here. You seem incapable of having conversations about gaming.

You’re one to talk.

You probably should avoid saying stupid s*** like that. You ONLY post to be negative or defend Sony. You don't show your face in topics that have to do with games. So stop, it's embarrassing.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/76204332

Now you gonna stop posting only to insult others and call them trolls and post literally nothing else?

Yeah and if someone can’t see through your subtle attempt at s*** posting then they’re probably new here. Your second post in that topic isn’t so subtle though. Go back to your inadequate PC ya troll

Oh? So someone who can play Forza Horizon 3 at 60fps shouldn’t stick to that version because... reasons? Or are you talking about the one where I point out that I don’t play Forza on PC simply because mine isn’t up to the task for 60fps? Is it really such a big deal to you that some of us would rather have higher frame rates if we can have the choice? If so, you’re a bit too sensitive, especially considering I’ve pointed out before Horizon 3 is among my favorite racing games period and in that topic I also pointed out Horizon 3 on the X is the best looking racing game I’ve ever played.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.

User Info: HentaiMan

HentaiMan
6 months ago#94
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X1VIyZe3Ws
Nintendo fanboy, KirbyCentrist. https://i.imgur.com/O68JkE7.jpg http://i.imgur.com/r6x4QXn.jpg https://youtu.be/S-1e0VJUWXE
(>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)

User Info: Billo

Billo
6 months ago#95
vashkey posted...
Games can be 60fps on current hardware. Devs just have try to prioritize that. Its been possible for ages. Just stop it.

Its not something that should be mandatory either. Developers should be free to make games that fit their vision. As soon as you dictate how devs their games the more homogenized they become.

This. It's not the consoles that prevent 60fps. The simple fact of the matter is that devs choose to use the power for more graphical detail, resolution, etc. over FPS. PS4/XB1 being more powerful machines would not have changed that, we simply would've had even prettier games at 30fps.

User Info: Rafficus_III

Rafficus_III
6 months ago#96
Ratchetrockon posted...
Rafficus_III posted...
Funny, I know quite a bit of people who built their own gaming PC and can’t compete with the Scorpio in terms of power and/or cost. The only people who I “know” who can consistently run native 4k, 60 FPS are individuals on the internet who also claim to be rubber band banking.

I know many people who own laptops stronger than scorpio. I'm talking about the gtx 1070 or gtx 1080 laptops paired with i7-7700HQ.

Also my PC can run Witcher 3 at 5k 60 fps at much higher settings than the Xbox One X. This was back in march 2017 to boot.

https://youtu.be/xrG6aBOsa_Q

In comparison the X struggles to run it at 60 fps at 1332p and drops to the 30s on like medium settings lol.

Humor me then, what laptop do you own? Strong chance it is more costly than the Xbox One X by a large margin. Many good gaming laptops cost upwards to a grand and then some.
GT: Rafficus III | http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6lrnL8em1qgmo67o1_500.png |The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs

User Info: DvoloS88

DvoloS88
6 months ago#97
Crytek are morons, still waiting on the awesome sounding sequel to Ryse that was rumored to take place in the templar nights era. What was there excuse!? Oh we would need xbox one to sell better LOL.
"Let The Boy Watch"

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
6 months ago#98
After all this time and all the chest banging that PC players do here not a single person on either side of the fence can provide me what I ask for.

A PC that can compete head to head with the X1X with a 4K Blu-Ray Drive in a Microcase using brand new parts.

Even when I let them off on the OS and keyboard and mouse they cant do it.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
(message deleted)

User Info: MachineZed

MachineZed
6 months ago#100
agentspoon posted...
After all this time and all the chest banging that PC players do here not a single person on either side of the fence can provide me what I ask for.

A PC that can compete head to head with the X1X with a 4K Blu-Ray Drive in a Microcase using brand new parts.

Even when I let them off on the OS and keyboard and mouse they cant do it.

It because they can’t. I have proven this the 2 “builds” that were posted in this thread that were similar quality to the One X ending up being over $600.
---
Promote what you love rather than bash what you hate.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Crytek: Xbox One X is comparable to a standard gaming PC.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived