You need to get Black Desert!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. You need to get Black Desert!

User Info: Mordenkainen

Mordenkainen
4 weeks ago#11
Alisa posted...
With the game coming this year to Xbox One (with X support) it's definitely worth it!

I've already clocked 20 hours into the PC version in a few days. Safe to say it's the best MMORPG of all time.

Yeah, I’ve had a lot of fun with the game on PC myself. It’s bar none, the best looking MMORPG that I’ve ever played. That aside, the combat mechanics are superb.

I’ll be rocking both Black Desert and TERA, respectively, when they drop on the Xbox console(s). No idea why people would complain about grinding with MMOs/MMORPGs, as that simple aspect has been inherently baked into the genre since its inception (even with MUDs).

User Info: NemesisOgreKing

NemesisOgreKing
4 weeks ago#12
AltiarLio posted...
its beautiful and has amazing combat but after about 40hours u run into a pay2win wall or spend 20/30 hours grinding the same mobs and its trash.

Sounds about right.
oN THe eiGhTH Day, GoD CReaTeD TuRoK
"Because Movie" - I Hate Everything

User Info: arjames13

arjames13
4 weeks ago#13
AltiarLio posted...
its beautiful and has amazing combat but after about 40hours u run into a pay2win wall or spend 20/30 hours grinding the same mobs and its trash.

This.

The combat is ridiculously fun and the visuals are amazing, but there's no PvE endgame other than grinding hordes of regular mobs to gain xp/gold. The main focus is PvP but it's extremely difficult to catch up without paying money...
PSN ID: Fangnfx
i7 7700k @5.0GHz | Corsair H100i v2 | Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 5 | 32GB RAM | EVGA SC GTX 1070 | EVGA Supernova G2 750w |

User Info: helIy

helIy
4 weeks ago#14
Mordenkainen posted...
No idea why people would complain about grinding with MMOs/MMORPGs, as that simple aspect has been inherently baked into the genre since its inception (even with MUDs).

because there's different levels.

wow has pretty much the best grinding you can find in an MMO. grind for a few weeks or a month or two for a complete set of something.

black desert, on the other hand, will have you grinding for months just to get a component for a piece of gear.
"Dogs smell like they've had too much fun and need a bath
Cats smell like espionage
" - Mead

Mordenkainen
4 weeks ago#15
helIy posted...
Mordenkainen posted...
No idea why people would complain about grinding with MMOs/MMORPGs, as that simple aspect has been inherently baked into the genre since its inception (even with MUDs).

because there's different levels.

wow has pretty much the best grinding you can find in an MMOo

black desert, on the other hand, will have you grinding for months just to get a component for something.

They all do. Of course there’s going to be fluff, filler, and repetitive tasks. Everyone knows what they’re getting into before playing MMOs/MMORPGs. It just depends on your threshold level and patience.

Grinding is grinding, independent of the amount of time or the activities involved.

User Info: Nero06

Nero06
4 weeks ago#16
I want to but there's been no new info about the xbox version! Wish we had a release date or hell even a beta!
GT-Nero012
USMC 0311

User Info: helIy

helIy
4 weeks ago#17
Mordenkainen posted...
Grinding is grinding, independent of the amount of time or the activities involved.

there's easy grinding, normal grinding, and stupid insane grinding.

black desert falls in the latter category.
"Dogs smell like they've had too much fun and need a bath
Cats smell like espionage
" - Mead

Mordenkainen
4 weeks ago#18
arjames13 posted...
AltiarLio posted...

This.

The combat is ridiculously fun and the visuals are amazing, but there's no PvE endgame other than grinding hordes of regular mobs to gain xp/gold. The main focus is PvP but it's extremely difficult to catch up without paying money...

That was my intial attraction to the game: PvP action. You can still be competitive without paying money, you’ll just have to grind more. And even then, in my experience you don’t need to have the best of the best equipment in order to destroy someone.

Knowledge, skill, and party composition (with sieges and guild wars) is much more important than having the best gear. Besides which, people can toggle PvP on or off (which is something that I dislike). I wish it was truly open world PvP, kind of like how Shadowbane used to be.

Mordenkainen
4 weeks ago#19
helIy posted...
Mordenkainen posted...

there's easy grinding, normal grinding, and stupid insane grinding.

black desert falls in the latter category.

At the end of the day, it’s still grinding man. I’ve never had a smile on my face, whistling a tune, when I was grinding while playing WoW.

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
4 weeks ago#20
Already bought it for $5 on PC
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. You need to get Black Desert!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived