Far Cry 2 worth $6?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Far Cry 2 worth $6?

User Info: NakedSnake1986

NakedSnake1986
4 months ago#1
I really enjoyed 3 and thought 4 was good. I heard lots of negative things about Far Cry 2, is it as bad as they say it is? From the videos it looks like Far Cry 3, only the gameplay is less forgiving and stupid outposts respawn.
i.imgur.com/aeeRljO.mp4

User Info: EliteZephyr

EliteZephyr
4 months ago#2
Absolutely.
"We're simply sociopaths with no communication, baby! I see you're angle but we differ in our point of view! So tell me, what's your cross to bear?"

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
4 months ago#3
I personally think its better.

FC3 looks and plays more like a Michel Bay action movie while FC2 feels more brutal and primal.

The explosions are amazing as is the fire effects and the weapons have some proper weight to them. Decimating an outpost with a turret feels glorious.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: TsC_PoLiTiKz

TsC_PoLiTiKz
4 months ago#4
As someone who played the hell out of it, including what was well over 1000 hours of MP, the slowness of the game is a bit jarring. My only real complaint beyond the normal Outpost crap.
Currently Playing: Star Wars: Battlefront II (XONE); Overwatch (XONE); Pokemon Blue (GB); The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (GBA); RuneScape (PC)

User Info: Spidey555

Spidey555
4 months ago#5
I am hoping it becomes X enhanced sometime in the future.

User Info: Explicit Dank

Explicit Dank
4 months ago#6
It's the only one I didn't like in the series, and it's still worth $6.
Parental Advisory - Explicit Dank

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
4 months ago#7
It seems my favourite entry in the series because it feels like it's own thing instead of Assassin's Creed the FPS, but I played a bit last night and the controls sure take some getting used to.

There's input lag or look acceleration while aiming the really screws up my aim. You let go of the thumb stick and the crosshairs continue to travel for half a second. Unfortunately I couldn't fix it with my Elite controller either.

Still, I loved it when it released so I must have gotten over the aiming at one point.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: ill-thoughts

ill-thoughts
4 months ago#8
Far Cry 2 > Far Cry 5 > Far Cry 3 > Far Cry 4 > Far Cry 1 > Far Cry Primal

stop typing and buy it.
Playing: Agents Of Mayhem, GTA4, HITMAN, Madden 25
Waiting For: Cyberpunk 2077, Bully 2

User Info: thedude008

thedude008
4 months ago#9
love the series, but this was the worst for me (even worse than 360's instincts)
the controls were just horrid for me, driving especially.

rented it, but couldn't get through more than a couple hours. it was a chore to play.
want options for xbox to shut down or standby when pressing the guide button? (instead of going through settings)
add a vote: http://tinyurl.com/hwweyup

User Info: NinjaGaidenman

NinjaGaidenman
4 months ago#10
Should I re buy this game I used to have it and not really liked it but never gave it very much of a chance too??
XBL GT:SuperSpartan600
PSN:RhinoMan200
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Far Cry 2 worth $6?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived