Xbox One S HDMI Cable 4K?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One S HDMI Cable 4K?

User Info: genesis145

genesis145
4 weeks ago#11
CapwnD posted...
genesis145 posted...

Interesting.....when I asked this same exact question when I was getting my 4k tv on this board people were telling me I got played and upsold.

People are dumb. They don't see beyond their own typical setup, don't think about things like using a longer cable.

Yeah I remember one specific thing someone said to me "do you have any niece or nephews that could go with you next time you shop for electronics" sounds like they were the one who needed the niece and nephews because they were still living in the past huh?

User Info: Net Shark

Net Shark
4 weeks ago#12
vJESSEv posted...
Needs to be a high speed cable. Only requirement for 4k

The cable with the S is high speed. It says HDMI high speed on the plug ends. Take a look.
Knowing is half the battle...YO JOE
GT: Net Sh4rk

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
4 weeks ago#13
genesis145 posted...
CapwnD posted...
genesis145 posted...

Interesting.....when I asked this same exact question when I was getting my 4k tv on this board people were telling me I got played and upsold.

People are dumb. They don't see beyond their own typical setup, don't think about things like using a longer cable.

Yeah I remember one specific thing someone said to me "do you have any niece or nephews that could go with you next time you shop for electronics" sounds like they were the one who needed the niece and nephews because they were still living in the past huh?

That is exactly the case. HDMI cables usually have been high enough bandwidth even at fairly long lengths, so the answer usually was "well it doesn't matter".

It's like the situation of using an old 10/100 switch or router because it wouldn't matter since the internet connection was less than that (except for local traffic between devices on the network), and now our internet connections are going beyond 100Mbs. It does matter now. In those cases.
Smash the control images Smash the control machine

User Info: Kovatch

Kovatch
4 weeks ago#14
All cables matter.

These are excellent, cheap, and made in USA:

https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/hdmi-cables/hdmi-cable.htm
PONG <3 ATARI Bally CAPCOM Chunsoft ENIX Gottlieb KONAMI LEVEL-5 MIDWAY namco Nintendo SEGA TAiTO Williams <DRAGON WARRIORS FOREVER> Love conquers all.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One S HDMI Cable 4K?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived