Do Exclusives Even Matter Any More???

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do Exclusives Even Matter Any More???

User Info: K_ROC

K_ROC
6 months ago#31
No... I wouldn’t buy either system for a certain game (though there are games I wanted to play on PS4 before i got one). Honestly the most popular and games with largest communities are multiplatform anyways.

I think people think too much into this stuff. Just enjoy what you enjoy.
PSN: Fancy-Raptor
GT: spoon 0f doom

User Info: Xoned

Xoned
6 months ago#32
NinjaBlowfish posted...
I've not turned my XB1 on for months now

NinjaBlowfish posted...
there hasn't been any must play games for me I couldn't play on XB1.

LMAO

Anyway, yes, they matter, all kinds of exclusives matter as well, Nier, Persona 5, and Nioh probably helped sale some systems, and you can find those on other platforms. (Nier, and Nioh PC, Persona 5 PS3)

As a matter of fact a lot of PS4 exclusives can be found on other systems, but they still matter, and help to sale PS4.

Even the much dreaded, and hated Timed Exclusives matter, cause they help to sale systems.

From a gamers point they matter, because they make your consoles unique, and they help a lot of us make the choice between one system, and another.

User Info: NinjaBlowfish

NinjaBlowfish
6 months ago#33
Xoned posted...
NinjaBlowfish posted...

NinjaBlowfish posted...
there hasn't been any must play games for me I couldn't play on XB1.

LMAO

Anyway, yes, they matter, all kinds of exclusives matter as well, Nier, Persona 5, and Nioh probably helped sale some systems, and you can find those on other platforms. (Nier, and Nioh PC, Persona 5 PS3)

As a matter of fact a lot of PS4 exclusives can be found on other systems, but they still matter, and help to sale PS4.

Even the much dreaded, and hated Timed Exclusives matter, cause they help to sale systems.

From a gamers point they matter, because they make your consoles unique, and they help a lot of us make the choice between one system, and another.

Haha, whoops. :)

Agreed, timed exclusives still count.

imo exclusives are what get people to by multiple consoles, if they all had the same then you pick one and that's you. But with exclusives around there will always be folk like me who will get both/all the consoles. Struggling to justify the switch personally currently, would like to play Mario, but already played Zelda on the WiiU, not currently aware of any other exclusive games on it I'd want.

User Info: thelwebb100

thelwebb100
6 months ago#34
CaIiber345 posted...
Unpopular opinion: it’s time for a modular console, and just one console brand that has Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo games on it.

I would LOVE that. That would be very beneficial for us gamers!
"You should clone yourself while your still alive"

User Info: knight1014139

knight1014139
6 months ago#35
Jiminip posted...
Anyone who says no is a fanboy.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no!
XBL Gamertag: TheRevan Lord
https://soundcloud.com/user-720481272

User Info: uncledonnie3

uncledonnie3
6 months ago#36
Jiminip posted...

Anyone who makes ignorant blanket statements is a moron.

User Info: Susumurin

Susumurin
6 months ago#37
They matter through sheer numbers. But any one particular exclusive really doesn’t. The most played games are multiplats. The end of year PlayStation email essentially confirmed that notion.

It’s why the idea that a single blockbuster would suddenly sell tons of X1s has always been absurd.
Now Playing: Tokyo Tattoo Girls(Vita), Dreamfall (X1), School Girl Zombie Hunter (PS4)
Currently Watching: Xena, Desperate Motherhood, Earth Final Conflict

User Info: VooDism

VooDism
6 months ago#38
Jiminip posted...

Not really.. I mean, if you LIKE the exclusives that your choice.

I own both systems.. Ps4 and Xbone. I play mostly on xbox and the games I play most are on both systems.

Not everyone has this mental hysteria for exclusives and console wars.

User Info: skermac

skermac
6 months ago#39
Exclusives have never ever mattered to me
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
6 months ago#40
NinjaBlowfish posted...

I haven't turned on my PS Pro for months now, since it has no games. Been on my X1X 24x7 playing games though.
Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and Microsoft Windows PC for the gaming win!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do Exclusives Even Matter Any More???

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived