Do Exclusives Even Matter Any More???

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do Exclusives Even Matter Any More???
(message deleted)

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
3 months ago#12
Consoles need to differentiate from the competition and exclusives and console exclusives is one way of doing that. I think having some big AAA console exclusives like Halo, Gears, Forza, Uncharted and Gran Turismo matters but I don't think exclusives beyond the big blockbuster ones have a major impact on console sales.

I remember when attach ratio as software per console was measured for older consoles and as it turns out, people in general didn't buy more than 5-10 games per console, if even. Of course things may be different now thanks to digital distribution but I really don't think the average Xbox consumer is someone who beats a game on a weekly basis. They have more games available than they have time or interest in even without exclusives.

People want FIFA, NBA, WWE, CoD, GTA and Netflix. Maybe Halo and Forza too. They haven't heard of Super Lucky's Tale, D4, Yakuza, Nioh and Tales of Rernagjbgnawqg.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipUtBcOpSB0

User Info: TheCyborgNinja

TheCyborgNinja
3 months ago#13
They definitely do. MS just hasn't made the right ones. 343 f***ing up Halo certainly hasn't helped.
"message parlor" ? do you mean the post office ? - SlayerX888

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
3 months ago#14
TheGam3925 posted...
What do you guys think about this? Games are games right? Would having more exclusives sell even more Xbones in a significant way?

Phil obviously thinks so...

Phil!

That is important and we are going to invest. We have Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, Lucky’s Tale, Ori and the Will of the Wisps…But I know what you’re asking about. Big, triple A console games, I hear that and I’m committed to that. Today I wanted to talk about things that if you’re going to buy the console you will be able to play, but I’ll continue to work to deliver games. We did on hardware, we did on platform and [backward] compatibility and we will do this on first-party as well. It is critically important.

Spencer: We Have Just Signed Exclusives That Won’t Be Ready for 2-3 Years, No Point in Showing Them
https://wccftech.com/spencer-signed-exclusives-2-3years/ e:ra

...many in the media think so...

Xbox One X Has Power, But Lacks The Games To Be A Worthwhile Purchase
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-x-has-power-but-lacks-the-games-to-be-a-w/1100-6454742/ e:ra

...and your poll would suggest that more than 50% of us here do...
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: John-Dana

John-Dana
3 months ago#15
I don't think exclusives matter. I am happy with the games I have, and with EA Access and more BC games coming sooner or later the library is growing.
Always, ALWAYS have a backup plan. If that fails, have a backup-backup plan. If that fails...

User Info: DigitalFury_

DigitalFury_
3 months ago#16
If I was in the market to upgrade from previous gen console to current gen console right now and MHWorld was exclusive to PS4, that would sway my decision, so it would be hypocritical for me to say they don't matter.

EDIT: Maybe I should say they can have an impact on me, personally. In the grand scheme of things, I don't know how much they matter to the general gaming public.
I post a lot using my phone. Most "typos" are probably a result of autocorrect

User Info: ExempliGratia

ExempliGratia
3 months ago#17
Exclusives don't matter. Fifa and Call of Duty is what sells.

Grand Theft Auto 5 also. Kids these days don't buy exclusives.

Viva la Fifa and COD!
Xbox Live Gamertag :ExempliGratiaEGPSN/Vita::ExempliGratia
Trolls love me but, can't get rid of me

User Info: cloud_8f8f

cloud_8f8f
3 months ago#18
The_Hedon posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Yo wassup guys???

Well I've been seeing arguments from both sides here on the Xbone board about exclusives. Some are saying that the Xbone needs more exclusives, and others are saying that the Xbone does not need more exclusives.

Phil Spencer said he wants to get more exclusives on the Xbone. But what's the point if so many people are saying the Xbone doesn't even need them? Would they even buy the Xbone exclusives if they were released?

What do you guys think about this? Games are games right? Would having more exclusives sell even more Xbones in a significant way?

Discuss.

Yo sup d**** breath. Buy an Xbox yet?

If exclusives mattered then no one would have a PlayStation.

If this doesn't scream reassurance, I don't know what does.
Playing: TBA
Awaiting: TBA

User Info: Overburdened

Overburdened
3 months ago#19
No.

But to some it's the matter of waking up in the morning, and by the looks of it litteraly having their day revolve around the fact that there are no exclusives.

Can you imagine having your life so easy that that's the main thing that bothers you.
When the Lion Devours Both Dragon and Child.

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
3 months ago#20
cloud_8f8f posted...
The_Hedon posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Yo wassup guys???

Well I've been seeing arguments from both sides here on the Xbone board about exclusives. Some are saying that the Xbone needs more exclusives, and others are saying that the Xbone does not need more exclusives.

Phil Spencer said he wants to get more exclusives on the Xbone. But what's the point if so many people are saying the Xbone doesn't even need them? Would they even buy the Xbone exclusives if they were released?

Discuss.

Yo sup d**** breath. Buy an Xbox yet?

If exclusives mattered then no one would have a PlayStation.

If this doesn't scream reassurance, I don't know what does.

I hear ya man. Sounds dumb, doesn't it?
Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and Microsoft Windows PC for the gaming win!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do Exclusives Even Matter Any More???

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived