New Forza Horizon 3 4k patch makes game too dark.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. New Forza Horizon 3 4k patch makes game too dark.

User Info: SpikeTheSpaceCo

SpikeTheSpaceCo
6 months ago#41
DeadCellScorpio posted...
Looks great on mine

Sorry about your luck.

You mean you haven't noticed.

SpikeTheSpaceCo
6 months ago#42
Reflex-Arc posted...
SpikeTheSpaceCo posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...
I'm not convinced that this will be patched considering so few of us even recognize it as an issue.

Lol. So, in that same train of thought, manufactures should stop making 4k TVs, because not many people can see the difference between 4k and 1080?

Just because there are people ignorant of the problem, that doesn't make it not a problem.

Also, there are people who notice the issue, but are not aware that it is an issue with the game and not their TV. A few of the people who have posted in this topic say they had to adjust their TV settings, which means they noticed it, they just didn't realize changing their TV settings doesn't help, because now every other game will look off, because they adjusted their picture to make one game look better.

That's not the same thing at all. I just don't think they'd take the time to fix a problem that the majority don't acknowledge as a problem, and some that do claim its been this way since launch. I'd love to be wrong. It's a very annoying problem.

They will fix it, not really a question of if, but when.

User Info: DeadCellScorpio

DeadCellScorpio
6 months ago#43
Looks great on mine

Sorry about your luck.

Sorry I'm not stuck in olden times with a none HDR tv.

Looks glorious on my 65" OLED Tv. Love taking those bright richly detailed shots and sharing them. This update has brought my love back for this game.
Will only change this sig if the PS4 Pro gets outsold by Project Scorpio - 3-1-17

User Info: Reflex-Arc

Reflex-Arc
6 months ago#44
Reflex-Arc posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...
I'm not convinced that this will be patched considering so few of us even recognize it as an issue.

Lol. So, in that same train of thought, manufactures should stop making 4k TVs, because not many people can see the difference between 4k and 1080?

Just because there are people ignorant of the problem, that doesn't make it not a problem.

Also, there are people who notice the issue, but are not aware that it is an issue with the game and not their TV. A few of the people who have posted in this topic say they had to adjust their TV settings, which means they noticed it, they just didn't realize changing their TV settings doesn't help, because now every other game will look off, because they adjusted their picture to make one game look better.

That's not the same thing at all. I just don't think they'd take the time to fix a problem that the majority don't acknowledge as a problem, and some that do claim its been this way since launch. I'd love to be wrong. It's a very annoying problem.

I hope so.

Looks like warmed over ass on my 65" OLED.
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | Sound Card | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard

SpikeTheSpaceCo
6 months ago#45
Looks great on mine

Sorry about your luck.

Sorry I'm not stuck in olden times with a none HDR tv.

Looks glorious on my 65" OLED Tv. Love taking those bright richly detailed shots and sharing them. This update has brought my love back for this game.

It affects HDR and Non-HDR displays.

SpikeTheSpaceCo
6 months ago#46
Reflex-Arc posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...

I hope so.

Looks like warmed over ass on my 65" OLED.

I'm not the only one with keen eyes it seems.

User Info: lordandmaster

lordandmaster
6 months ago#47
lol man are you guys confused. HDR is not visible on a nonhdr tv. also doesn't effect a non HDR tv. horizon 3 had HDR when it came out and was amazing. have to be a complete moron to think it effects a non HDR tv. it DOESNT

Reflex-Arc
6 months ago#48
lordandmaster posted...
lol man are you guys confused. HDR is not visible on a nonhdr tv. also doesn't effect a non HDR tv. horizon 3 had HDR when it came out and was amazing. have to be a complete moron to think it effects a non HDR tv. it DOESNT

I suppose if you actually took the time to read the thread before flinging poo at your screen and attacking the intellect of the folks who posted before you, you would have known that the issue being discussed is multi-part and impacts both HDR and non-HDR screens (with HDR showing the issue to a greater extent).

To the point of the thread overall, the speculation I've read that the shader changes the Xbox One X enhanced update brought being the culprit of the brightness issue seems pretty logical to me, for Reddit speculation at least.
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | Sound Card | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard

Reflex-Arc
6 months ago#49
Reflex-Arc posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...

Well...Holy s***.

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm863545_HDR-improper-exposure-with-Xbox-One-X-Enhanced-update.aspx

https://i.imgur.com/c2P8Ijt.gif

SpikeTheSpaceCo
6 months ago#50
Reflex-Arc posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...

Well...Holy s***.

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm863545_HDR-improper-exposure-with-Xbox-One-X-Enhanced-update.aspx

https://i.imgur.com/c2P8Ijt.gif

https://twitter.com/digitalfoundry/status/953982039237283840

Read some of the posts in the feed, it is an issue many people are starting to notice. As one person pointed out, you can actually see the darkness issue in Digital Foundry's Xbox One X Vs PC comparison video.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. New Forza Horizon 3 4k patch makes game too dark.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived