New Forza Horizon 3 4k patch makes game too dark.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. New Forza Horizon 3 4k patch makes game too dark.

User Info: Flamer_Blue

Flamer_Blue
3 months ago#21
The_Hedon posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...
The_Hedon posted...
Digital Foundry didn't find this at all.

This does not appear to be a widespread issue, so that is unsurprising. I wish I didn't find this at all, either. :(

A guy on another forum said that the game appeared "dark" to him before the patch, and wasn't sure if it was related to HDR. Even post patch, he said it was "dark" to him. I haven't launched the game with the patch yet. But prior to the patch, the game doesn't look dark to me with HDR and 4K.

Game looked dark before this patch to me as well. Has to do with Y222
<cite>Metallix87 posted...</cite>
"Nintendo is an animal"

User Info: Reflex-Arc

Reflex-Arc
3 months ago#22
The_Hedon posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...
The_Hedon posted...

This does not appear to be a widespread issue, so that is unsurprising. I wish I didn't find this at all, either. :(

A guy on another forum said that the game appeared "dark" to him before the patch, and wasn't sure if it was related to HDR. Even post patch, he said it was "dark" to him. I haven't launched the game with the patch yet. But prior to the patch, the game doesn't look dark to me with HDR and 4K.

To your point, I can't place the blame solely on this patch as my experience with the game on Xbox prior to yesterday was limited to a brief session after I got my XBX on launch day. It could certainly be that whatever is causing this issue with HDR (for me) was also happening pre-patch. Whatever the case, it's very unfortunate for us who are experiencing it as it does not appear to be something that can be "adjusted" out via in-game settings when your display is otherwise calibrated correctly.
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | Sound Card | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard

Reflex-Arc
3 months ago#23
After some testing, I can confirm that FM7 does not have the same issue with HDR on my setup. The vibrancy of the display is uniform. This is just an issue with FH3 for me.

I'm going to delete and reinstall.
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | Sound Card | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard

User Info: SpikeTheSpaceCo

SpikeTheSpaceCo
3 months ago#24
Apextech posted...
SpikeTheSpaceCo posted...
Apextech posted...
This is funny cause it looks amazing on my 2007 720p Samsung.lol I think you might need to calibrate your settings for hdr. I hear this over and over on some tvs that hdr is too bright or too dark.

Did you read the article?

What would someone who is playing an Xbox One X on a 720p TV know about image quality anyway?

Well i have 1080 LG in the living room but i like my old 720 lcd that i have in the bedroom.Not having any issues on my side. Don't have 4k hdr yet as i'm on a budget unless i see something nice during the superbowl sales.

That you have noticed...

SpikeTheSpaceCo
3 months ago#25
Reflex-Arc posted...
The_Hedon posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...
The_Hedon posted...

To your point, I can't place the blame solely on this patch as my experience with the game on Xbox prior to yesterday was limited to a brief session after I got my XBX on launch day. It could certainly be that whatever is causing this issue with HDR (for me) was also happening pre-patch. Whatever the case, it's very unfortunate for us who are experiencing it as it does not appear to be something that can be "adjusted" out via in-game settings when your display is otherwise calibrated correctly.

It could certainly be that, but it was not an issue prior to the patch.

SpikeTheSpaceCo
3 months ago#26
Reflex-Arc posted...
After some testing, I can confirm that FM7 does not have the same issue with HDR on my setup. The vibrancy of the display is uniform. This is just an issue with FH3 for me.

Why? It's a known issue at this point.

SpikeTheSpaceCo
3 months ago#27
Flamer_Blue posted...
The_Hedon posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...
The_Hedon posted...

Game looked dark before this patch to me as well. Has to do with Y222

It's likely this persons issue may have been a 1 off, possibly bad calibration on his part.

Reflex-Arc
3 months ago#28
Reflex-Arc posted...

A "known issue" impacting a very small cross section of those who own the game with very little troubleshooting steps documented other than "I adjusted the sliders". Reinstalling software you are having an issue with is a basic troubleshooting step, if only to discount a bad install.

SpikeTheSpaceCo
3 months ago#29
Reflex-Arc posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...

A "known issue" impacting a very small cross section of those who own the game with very little troubleshooting steps documented other than "I adjusted the sliders". Reinstalling software you are having an issue with is a basic troubleshooting step, if only to discount a bad install.

Good point. Please let us know if reinstalling fixes the issue.

User Info: kryptin

kryptin
3 months ago#30
Seemed fine to me once I adjusted the HDR slider.
Gamertag: Kryptin - http://www.trueachievements.com/Kryptin.htm
Currently Playing: Alan Wake (360)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. New Forza Horizon 3 4k patch makes game too dark.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived