So the Dark Souls remaster won't be 4K or HDR compatible...what?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So the Dark Souls remaster won't be 4K or HDR compatible...what?

User Info: DeadCellScorpio

DeadCellScorpio
4 weeks ago#1
Does it bother you FromSoftware is going cheap on the Dark Souls Remaster? - Results (31 votes)
Yes
35.48% (11 votes)
No
29.03% (9 votes)
I have an Xbox One X and I don't care
16.13% (5 votes)
I have a PS4 Pro and I don't care
3.23% (1 votes)
I will get it on the Switch for portable reasons
16.13% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The whole point of a remaster is to make it look awesome. Even Okami HD had some better effects to some extent.

Why is FromSoftware going cheap?
Will only change this sig if the PS4 Pro gets outsold by Project Scorpio - 3-1-17

User Info: uptown710

uptown710
4 weeks ago#2
DeadCellScorpio posted...
The whole point of a remaster is to make it look awesome. Even Okami HD had some better effects to some extent.

Depends on how much they charge. If the game releases at $20 it’s a bargain.
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal

DeadCellScorpio
4 weeks ago#3
uptown710 posted...

Depends on how much they charge. If the game releases at $20 it’s a bargain.

True I was thinking about that too. If they charge like $30 or $40 then okay it's passable.
Will only change this sig if the PS4 Pro gets outsold by Project Scorpio - 3-1-17

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
4 weeks ago#4
It's already confirmed, price is $40. Pretty standard for remasters, especially since this game will run at 60 fps and add new matchmaking system with password option and dedicated servers. Besides of course the improved graphics and resolution.

And that's what we know, maybe there will be some minor changes in gameplay as well.
Gamertag: Mr Brownstone64

User Info: uptown710

uptown710
4 weeks ago#5
Brownstone posted...
It's already confirmed, price is $40. Pretty standard for remasters, especially since this game will run at 60 fps and add new matchmaking system with password option and dedicated servers. Besides of course the improved graphics and resolution.

And that's what we know, maybe there will be some minor changes in gameplay as well.

Waiting to see if they throw In multidirectional rolling.
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal

Brownstone
4 weeks ago#6
uptown710 posted...
Brownstone posted...

Me too. This and some kind of fix for backstabs (especially their hitbox) are the only changes i want gameplay wise. I would love to see several balancing adjustments regarding weapons, rings and spells tho.

DeadCellScorpio
4 weeks ago#7
Brownstone posted...
uptown710 posted...
Brownstone posted...

Me too. This and some kind of fix for backstabs (especially their hitbox) are the only changes i want gameplay wise. I would love to see several balancing adjustments regarding weapons, rings and spells tho.

Is this legit confirmed and can we trust FromSoft to make it 60fps because that would be glorious on the X.

User Info: lordandmaster

lordandmaster
4 weeks ago#8
already said its 4k so not sure what you read

Brownstone
4 weeks ago#9
Brownstone posted...
uptown710 posted...
Brownstone posted...

Is this legit confirmed and can we trust FromSoft to make it 60fps because that would be glorious on the X.

It's confirmed 60fps/1080p on regular xbone and ps4. X and PRO will be 60fps/4K.

DeadCellScorpio
4 weeks ago#10
lordandmaster posted...
already said its 4k so not sure what you read

I saw it on here

https://www.destructoid.com/-update-dark-souls-remastered-will-not-be-using-new-assets-482196.phtml

I guess they updated it since I last read it. It had no mention of 4K last time. Still no HDR support. So at least that's good.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So the Dark Souls remaster won't be 4K or HDR compatible...what?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived