DigitalFoundry: Xbox One X vs PC Forza Horizon 3

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. DigitalFoundry: Xbox One X vs PC Forza Horizon 3

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
1 month ago#1
https://youtu.be/vfCjhgIBEV8

In short, you get just shy of PC max settings at native 4K and a locked 30fps. You’re missing FXAA, though they admit it’s nitpicking at that area, and there is absolutely no option for 60fps/uncapped framerate citing CPU limitations, but they do say that if you’re just getting a 4K TV and want to showcase it, this is the game to use.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
1 month ago#2
Cant wait to see Digital Foundry's Xbox One X Vs PRO comparison for this game.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: Babbit55

Babbit55
1 month ago#3
flame030191 posted...

In short, you get just shy of PC max settings at native 4K and a locked 30fps. You’re missing FXAA, though they admit it’s nitpicking at that area, and there is absolutely no option for 60fps/uncapped framerate citing CPU limitations, but they do say that if you’re just getting a 4K TV and want to showcase it, this is the game to use.

Gutted. I have been playing this on my PC at 60fps and is it awesome, so a 1080/60 would of been really nice.
GT:- Babbit55
PC - i5 4670k, 16g ram, RX 480, 2tb hybrid drive.

flame030191
1 month ago#4
Babbit55 posted...
flame030191 posted...

Gutted. I have been playing this on my PC at 60fps and is it awesome, so a 1080/60 would of been really nice.

I’d say stick with the PC version then. 60fps is almost always a better option than prettier graphics.

Babbit55
1 month ago#5
flame030191 posted...
Babbit55 posted...
flame030191 posted...

I’d say stick with the PC version then. 60fps is almost always a better option than prettier graphics.

Depends if my wife is on the PC. Though I am getting a 4k TV soon for my x1x so may need to see how it is in 4k and see what I personally prefer too. Thats why i love play anywhere, I have that choice!

flame030191
1 month ago#6
Babbit55 posted...
flame030191 posted...
Babbit55 posted...
flame030191 posted...

Depends if my wife is on the PC. Though I am getting a 4k TV soon for my x1x so may need to see how it is in 4k and see what I personally prefer too. Thats why i love play anywhere, I have that choice!

No doubt on that.

The only reason I play on X1, though, is because my CPU isn’t quite up to par to play MS’s ports. Forza 6 runs pretty well, and Horizon 3 sticks to 30fps pretty well but with a lot of random stutter, but Gears 4 and Forza 7 are pretty much unplayable. Thankfully I do plan on building a new PC starting next month.

Babbit55
1 month ago#7
flame030191 posted...
Babbit55 posted...
flame030191 posted...
Babbit55 posted...
flame030191 posted...

No doubt on that.

The only reason I play on X1, though, is because my CPU isn’t quite up to par to play MS’s ports. Forza 6 runs pretty well, and Horizon 3 sticks to 30fps pretty well but with a lot of random stutter, but Gears 4 and Forza 7 are pretty much unplayable. Thankfully I do plan on building a new PC starting next month.

not got gears 4 of Forza 7, FH3 I get 60fps on High with a couple of bits turned to med. Still looks great, but man 60 fps is awesome.

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
1 month ago#8
Babbit55 posted...
flame030191 posted...
Babbit55 posted...
flame030191 posted...
Babbit55 posted...
flame030191 posted...

No doubt on that.

not got gears 4 of Forza 7, FH3 I get 60fps on High with a couple of bits turned to med. Still looks great, but man 60 fps is awesome.

I can get 60fps at max settings at 1080p and 30-40fps at 4K, the framerate makes a huge difference but not enough for me to drop the resolution in Horizon 3

User Info: MetroidFan99999

MetroidFan99999
1 month ago#9
agentspoon posted...
Cant wait to see Digital Foundry's Xbox One X Vs PRO comparison for this game.

Can't wait for you to get unbutthurt.
Zelda BOTW is the GOAT

User Info: GamecubeIchiban

GamecubeIchiban
1 month ago#10
Hopefully they add a 1080p / 60 option.
Hammer of JUSTICE Crushes You, Over Power.
http://www.glsen.org/
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. DigitalFoundry: Xbox One X vs PC Forza Horizon 3

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived