B/C qurstions - Playing online XB1 x 360

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. B/C qurstions - Playing online XB1 x 360

User Info: kboot16-4

kboot16-4
6 months ago#1
I only have a PS4, but I want to setup up my 360 beside it for some online gaming mostly; BC2, COD:BO, MW3 and a little BO Revenge.

I looked over the B/C FAQ (good work Pizzatarian), but didn't find an answer, so here I am asking you fine people.

1) If I play online on my 360, I will be able to play against XB1 players utilizing the B/C feature, correct?

2) But I will not be able to party up with friends on XB1, only those on 360, correct?

echo $(if [ $1.6-4 = true ]; then for 3.21 in *; do rm $1.6-4; fi)

User Info: Babbit55

Babbit55
6 months ago#2
kboot16-4 posted...
I only have a PS4, but I want to setup up my 360 beside it for some online gaming mostly; BC2, COD:BO, MW3 and a little BO Revenge.

I looked over the B/C FAQ (good work Pizzatarian), but didn't find an answer, so here I am asking you fine people.

1) If I play online on my 360, I will be able to play against XB1 players utilizing the B/C feature, correct?

2) But I will not be able to party up with friends on XB1, only those on 360, correct?

- You can indeed, it is the same game connecting to the same servers.

- Correct, the x1 and x360 use different audio codecs.

For how little they go for now, a x1s may be an option as you can chat to mates and still play the BC stuff.
GT:- Babbit55
PC - i5 4670k, 16g ram, RX 480, 2tb hybrid drive.

kboot16-4
6 months ago#3
Thanks for the prompt reply :)

I did get a XB1 around launch, but the menu system and controller did not agree with me, so I handed it off, so I'll stick with my 360 for a little while longer

Babbit55
6 months ago#4
kboot16-4 posted...
Thanks for the prompt reply :)

I did get a XB1 around launch, but the menu system and controller did not agree with me, so I handed it off, so I'll stick with my 360 for a little while longer

Being honest, the UI is totally different now, it has been though at least 3 total changes. Controller wise I am unsure why it was a bad fit, it's basically the 360 controller but better in every way, though I can understand that controller preference is always based on the holder. May be worth looking at 3rd party one?

On a side note, if you have a windows 10 pc, you can actually chat to people in parties on the X1 too. So if you have a windows 10 laptop, that too is an option

kboot16-4
6 months ago#5
Hmm, maybe I should take a look at the XB1 once again

The XB1 controller was just about the most uncomfortable for me, and even during short gaming sessions it would hurt my fingers. The 360 controller however is my all time favourite.

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
6 months ago#6
I mean this respectfully but why gimp yourself out of some fantastic gaming over trivial things?

The UI can be adapted to and like the guy said its been revised multiple times.

The Controller issue can be sorted by simply buying a Converter and using an Xbox 360 Controller or buying a third party Controller thats shaped like the 360 one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brook-ZPPK001-Controller-Converter-Adapter/dp/B01N3ALF76
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

Babbit55
6 months ago#7
kboot16-4 posted...
Hmm, maybe I should take a look at the XB1 once again

The XB1 controller was just about the most uncomfortable for me, and even during short gaming sessions it would hurt my fingers. The 360 controller however is my all time favourite.

All good, as spoon says, you can get adaptors to use 360 controllers if you find them more comfortable. If you have mates with the x1, why not pop round and see the new UI?

kboot16-4
6 months ago#8
agentspoon posted...
I mean this respectfully but why gimp yourself out of some fantastic gaming over trivial things?

The Controller issue can be sorted by simply buying a Converter and using an Xbox 360 Controller or buying a third party Controller thats shaped like the 360 one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brook-ZPPK001-Controller-Converter-Adapter/dp/B01N3ALF76

I did not know about that. Nice, thanks

Tbh I usually only have time for one console, so after switching to PS4, that was enough for me.
I am by all definitions a casual gamer, that find enjoyment (and relaxation) in mainstream titles like COD, BF and FIFA. Playing with a few friends is OK for me, and the group recently started playing old CODs, and I want in on the fun :)

Regardless of platform, I think MS will welcome my subscription fee for Live Gold ;)

Babbit55
6 months ago#9
kboot16-4 posted...
agentspoon posted...

I did not know about that. Nice, thanks

Tbh I usually only have time for one console, so after switching to PS4, that was enough for me.
I am by all definitions a casual gamer, that find enjoyment (and relaxation) in mainstream titles like COD, BF and FIFA. Playing with a few friends is OK for me, and the group recently started playing old CODs, and I want in on the fun :)

Regardless of platform, I think MS will welcome my subscription fee for Live Gold ;)

All very true. Just options I guess! Gaming is best with mates though, that is to be sure. If your mates all play on the x1, picking one up may not be the worst idea.

kboot16-4
6 months ago#10
Well, you talk a good case for XB1, but I'll start by hooking up my 360 and see where it goes from there :)

That adapter is a must have if I ever get an XB1, thanks agentspoon, good find

1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. B/C qurstions - Playing online XB1 x 360

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived