MS phased out the Duke controller because so many people complained about it.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. MS phased out the Duke controller because so many people complained about it.

User Info: TheGam3925

TheGam3925
3 months ago#1
So who's genius idea was it to bring it back?? I doubt many people are even going to buy it. It's a 70 dollar controller that tons of people hated, and it isn't even wireless.

Wow.
"The first company to reach 10 million in console sales wins" - Don Mattrick

User Info: HyruleHero

HyruleHero
3 months ago#2
Definitely going to buy it. I actually really liked it. I have pretty big hands, so I found it pretty comfortable.

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
3 months ago#3
That's why they are bringing it back as an optional controller. Many people also liked it and no one is forced to use it. No one suffers from having more choices.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipUtBcOpSB0

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
3 months ago#4
As @INKU48 said, its optional.

Alot of people disliked it but alot of people did like it. Normally the more vocal group is the one one that dislikes something and are the ones listened to.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: shotgunheadshot

shotgunheadshot
3 months ago#5
People should have complained about the small dualshock 2 and 3 controller. The proportion and shape of the controller feels all wrong in the hands. It’s funny how japanese complained about the xbox “Duke” because of its size and MS listened and changed it and they got their way.

But me and plenty of people didn’t like Sony’s dualshock 3 size and Sony never listened to those complaints because they were a******s and too cheap to change it. DS3 is a piece of s*** it should have been a lot more ergonomic feeling in the hands. DS4 handle shape is what the DS3 shape SHOULD have been from the start.

User Info: Legend524

Legend524
3 months ago#6
shotgunheadshot posted...
People should have complained about the small dualshock 2 and 3 controller. The proportion and shape of the controller feels all wrong in the hands. It’s funny how japanese complained about the xbox “Duke” because of its size and MS listened and changed it and they got their way.

But me and plenty of people didn’t like Sony’s dualshock 3 size and Sony never listened to those complaints because they were a******s and too cheap to change it. DS3 is a piece of s*** it should have been a lot more ergonomic feeling in the hands. DS4 handle shape is what the DS3 shape SHOULD have been from the start.
Wasn’t only Japanese people. It was ALOT of people. Especially in the US

User Info: shotgunheadshot

shotgunheadshot
3 months ago#7
Legend524 posted...

Wasn’t only Japanese people. It was ALOT of people. Especially in the US

And a lot complained about the dualshock 3 and those Japanese a******s didn’t listen, that’s my point. DS4 shape or the boomerang is what the DS3 should have been. Their is just as many complaints about the “Duke” as much as the DS3 is.

User Info: TheGam3925

TheGam3925
3 months ago#8

You and plenty of people huh? Talk about some hard evidence ROFL.

The PS2 is the best selling console of all time and the Xbox didn't even come close. "Plenty of people" went with PS controllers instead.
"The first company to reach 10 million in console sales wins" - Don Mattrick

User Info: xboxBUNZILLA

xboxBUNZILLA
3 months ago#9
If only “my main” wasn’t suspended.
The demonical, thinking of nonsense, linking with you downing a guns contents.

User Info: xboxBUNZILLA

xboxBUNZILLA
3 months ago#10
Are ther f***ing mods on this board? Controller is gud. Ps2 on topic
The demonical, thinking of nonsense, linking with you downing a guns contents.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. MS phased out the Duke controller because so many people complained about it.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived