As an owner of both PS4 and XB1, I must say....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. As an owner of both PS4 and XB1, I must say....

User Info: Oliman

Oliman
3 months ago#1
While I generally like the PS4’s game library much better (thanks to some incredible exclusives), I think the Xbox One itself is a better machine.

As in, I love how quickly it starts up, the menus, the account system, the controller, etc. Even the media apps run better and games download way faster.

I had to sell my XB1 at one point due to a tight financial situation, but now that things are better, I was able to purchase a cheap XB1 again. I was able to instantly redownload all of my games and had my save data intact, despite not paying for Gold.

Anybody else feel the same way?
Owner of a Switch, New 3DS XL, PS4, and Xbox One (original).
Big fan of Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, Metroid, Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Shadow of the Colossus, INSIDE.

User Info: EtherealEidolon

EtherealEidolon
3 months ago#2
I agree with that sentiment, although I wish the shut down option wasn't buried in the settings menu.

User Info: rawrs

rawrs
3 months ago#3
Oliman posted...
While I generally like the PS4’s game library much better (thanks to some incredible exclusives), I think the Xbox One itself is a better machine.

As in, I love how quickly it starts up, the menus, the account system, the controller, etc. Even the media apps run better and games download way faster.

I had to sell my XB1 at one point due to a tight financial situation, but now that things are better, I was able to purchase a cheap XB1 again. I was able to instantly redownload all of my games and had my save data intact, despite not paying for Gold.

Anybody else feel the same way?

I whole heartedly agree. I own both a XBO and XBOX as well as a PS4 and PS4Pro. While the PS4 does have some nice games and their theme system is great, Xbox just feels more put together when it comes to media, the controller, and accessibility.

I do prefer PS4’s Shop over the Xbox Live Store, flows a bit better imo.

User Info: Xoned

Xoned
3 months ago#4
You have a far better ISP than I do(Spectrum is crappy, and unfortunately, it, and ATT are the only two services we have, they both suck) it's all bout personal taste though. I like the controller better, and I like the menus better, but others will disagree, and that's okay.

User Info: Kpt_Kapowski

Kpt_Kapowski
3 months ago#5
EtherealEidolon posted...
I agree with that sentiment, although I wish the shut down option wasn't buried in the settings menu.

Hold the guide for a few seconds for a shortcut
http://i.imgur.com/AUD7lK4.gif
http://imgur.com/AVz8ad6.jpg

User Info: LanternOfAsh

LanternOfAsh
3 months ago#6
Yeah the thing about only focusing on exclusives is that you’ll never know all the little things about the system and OS that just harmonize so much better together. Quality of life is so much better.
u avin a giggle there m8?

User Info: StoneRevolver

StoneRevolver
3 months ago#7
I favor the xbox. I don't have problems with either one, but the xbox feels smoother, if that makes sense.
PS4 Pro & X1X Scorpio Edition owner
"I survived because the fire inside burned brighter than the fire around me."

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
3 months ago#8
I agree. There are a lot of things I favor about the XB1... but they all come second to games. For better or worse, Sony's had something of a hot streak when it comes to my particular taste.
I wonder if 'Deus Vult' would still be such a popular phrase in nerdom if they knew there was no 'v' sound in Latin.

User Info: MirageMew2

MirageMew2
3 months ago#9
I got rid of my Xbox One a year ago. I was tired of the s***ty UI and how slow the start-up was. Has that changed much?
Switch: 4741-1296-0325|3DS: 0490-5525-7337
"Boy, and I thought the characters in Arms were reaching." - SaviorGabriel

User Info: extanker

extanker
3 months ago#10
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
EtherealEidolon posted...

Hold the guide for a few seconds for a shortcut

He’s probably talking about the option to either turn it off or put it to sleep. Holding down the Guide button only gives you the option to turn it off, changing the power options is in the settings. where on the PS4, it gives you all the power options. That’s the one thing I can think of that I wish the One did like the PS4.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. As an owner of both PS4 and XB1, I must say....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived