Microsoft don't you dare put loot boxes in achievements and avatars

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft don't you dare put loot boxes in achievements and avatars

User Info: spartain117

spartain117
7 months ago#1
I'm going to be mad if they do. If they do implement loot boxes that's BS.

https://youtu.be/pZ7BU7Wkdjk
Rich of ReviewTechUSA only cares about money not his subscribers - ReviewHellUSA
ReviewTechUSA top 20 Fraud Fails [REUPLOAD] - http://bit.ly/2npP7IR

User Info: LordTrevelyan

LordTrevelyan
7 months ago#2
Can’t wait for all the sense of pride and accomplishment I will feel if they do add those glorious loot boxes
Gamefaqs, where if you have a different opinion you are a troll. (Old account DontCry)

User Info: Gunvalkyrie2

Gunvalkyrie2
7 months ago#3
They could wipe achievements and avatars off planet earth and I wouldn’t care.
Just another thing to ignore about modern gaming.
#BanBlobboyendings

User Info: Agent_Stroud

Agent_Stroud
7 months ago#4
People actually still use their avatars even though custom gamerpics are allowed on the Xbone? What is this, I don’t even...
Official Chase McCain of the Lego City Undercover board.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

User Info: Hailzfire

Hailzfire
7 months ago#5
Yeah, rewards for achievements is dumb.
Nobody wants that.
Blunt after blunt after blunt after blunt after blunt after blunt after blunt after blunt after blunt after blunt after blunt after blunt
and I smoke

User Info: mcnichoj

mcnichoj
7 months ago#6
OH NO THE SKY IS FALLING!
So much clickbait.
Basically you'll get a free currency or drops if you spend 500+ hours playing only a specific game as opposed to racking up tons of gamerscore.

This is all basically a non-issue. No one cared about avatars back then. Even with lootbox avatar drops, you'll still be able to buy an overpriced lightsaber for $5 straight out with no RNG. They actually for a short time had a RNG avatar prop system on the 360, you spun a prize wheel and had a chance to win an item they had available for that month and once you got that item it was removed from the prizes you could win. I believe they only did this for a whopping two months and each spin was an actual reasonable $2 or so (they were still using Microsoft Points at the time so 200MSP).

That said you could just completely ignore avatars and enjoy the Xbox 100% to the same degree as you do now. This changes nothing.

One final thing. lol@not mentioning Gears 4 or Halo 5 lootboxes. Guy knows hardly anything about Xbox.

Edit: Can't find any videos or images of the old prize wheel (again, this is how much people didn't care) but I did find a thread about people talking about it.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/64012126
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj | Switch FC: Ask
"Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy."

User Info: 0TiamaT0

0TiamaT0
7 months ago#7
I’m glad to see they’re putting so much time, money and energy into avatars...

Considering no one gives a s*** about them, and everyone wants games, it’s nice to see Microsoft has its priorities in place.
Myths, Lies and complete stupidity barely scratch the surface of your ignorance.

User Info: kryptin

kryptin
7 months ago#8
Terrible video

Why do people keep bringing up Forza 7 loot boxes? You can't buy credits with real money and the tokens will probably never be released now after the backlash. You don't even need to use them at all. Switching to long races earns you way more credits than any mods would with normal.

People are freaking out about this over nothing. Any loot boxes would probably be just for avatar accessories. Unless you really care about your avatar, this will make no difference to you. There isn't anything they could really do with achievements with loot boxes, if anything, I bet they make some new type of gamercard and have new looks for them be in boxes. This would all be cosmetic. The last thing they would do is screw with gamerscore and piss a lot of their fans off when they are trying to win people back. This is nothing like Star Wars Battlefront 2 or other games that have abused loot boxes.
Gamertag: Kryptin - http://www.trueachievements.com/Kryptin.htm
Currently Playing: Forza Motorsport 7 (X1)

User Info: vegeta40

vegeta40
7 months ago#9
LOL this is such a non issue. They might give you some avatar awards for getting achievements. I'm going to love getting rewarded for my gamerscore. This isn't isn't pay to win garbage like BF2, it's not in a game so there is nothing to win. It's nice little extra for achievement whores like myself.
There is one thing a saiyan never loses. HIS PRIDE!
Hollywood Undead Soldier. HU4L!!!

User Info: Animeboy413

Animeboy413
7 months ago#10
zzzzzzzzzzzzz
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft don't you dare put loot boxes in achievements and avatars

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived