Help new to Xbox

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Help new to Xbox

User Info: MaYnardJmz

MaYnardJmz
1 month ago#1
Been out of gaming for a while. I did have a Wii u and have a switch but haven't had a Xbox since the og. Looking for some game suggestions. I'd like bc games that have newer games on the 1. Like I'm playing the older tomb raider and then getting the newer one after I beat the 1st. Thinking of getting just cause 3 but Don't know much about it. I like horror and action games. Also platformers. I got shadow complex today seems really fun so far. Hate turn based games and not really into fighters although I'm thinking of getting the 1st injustice cause I love the characters and my son and I could probably get some fun out it. Also any upcoming games I should keep my eyes on? Might get monster hunters if reviews are good but I've never played one and I don't have any friends with an Xbox to play with.
Thanx in advance for any help
Gamertag: SquidBag[]
SW-4162-9790-5425

User Info: Mecurisu

Mecurisu
1 month ago#2
Dark Souls
The Second Most Original Signature?

MaYnardJmz
1 month ago#3
Mecurisu posted...
Dark Souls

I think I'm waiting to get the first one on the switch for the portability but I'm deff looking forward to that, great suggestion. How do 2 and 3 compare if I end up liking 1?
SW-4162-9790-5425

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
1 month ago#4
MaYnardJmz posted...
Mecurisu posted...
Dark Souls

I think I'm waiting to get the first one on the switch for the portability but I'm deff looking forward to that, great suggestion. How do 2 and 3 compare if I end up liking 1?

You will love all of them. Ds2 is probably the worst of the series but still is far better than everything else regarding action rpg's. Souls series is just fantastic.

You said you like platformers right? Then Ori and the Blind Forest is perfect for you, best platformer/metrovania game i've ever played and one of the best games ever for sure. Sequel is coming soon.

Cuphead is also a really good choice for platformers, and for horror/gore Gears of War series.
Gamertag: Mr Brownstone64

User Info: dratsablive

dratsablive
1 month ago#5
MaYnardJmz posted...
Mecurisu posted...
Dark Souls

You should get Dark Souls for the XBOX because the co-op/Online play will be a better experience.
Xbox Live and PSN dratsablive

User Info: Boogie_WoogieWu

Boogie_WoogieWu
1 month ago#6
MaYnardJmz posted...
I'd like bc games that have newer games on the 1. Like I'm playing the older tomb raider and then getting the newer one after I beat the 1st.

The only Tomb Raider game that is BC is Underworld, which is the third game in that trilogy (Legend and Anniversary being the other two).

Current gen release=/=backwards compatible.

MaYnardJmz
1 month ago#7
Boogie_WoogieWu posted...
MaYnardJmz posted...
I'd like bc games that have newer games on the 1. Like I'm playing the older tomb raider and then getting the newer one after I beat the 1st.

The only Tomb Raider game that is BC is Underworld, which is the third game in that trilogy (Legend and Anniversary being the other two).

Current gen release=/=backwards compatible.

Oh ok. Well underworld is awesome so far if the newest one is even better I can't wait.
SW-4162-9790-5425

MaYnardJmz
1 month ago#8
dratsablive posted...
MaYnardJmz posted...
Mecurisu posted...
Dark Souls

You should get Dark Souls for the XBOX because the co-op/Online play will be a better experience.

How big is co-op in this game I usually game solo but you do have a good point. but I love gaming on the bus so decisions...
SW-4162-9790-5425

MaYnardJmz
1 month ago#9
Brownstone posted...
MaYnardJmz posted...
Mecurisu posted...
Dark Souls

You will love all of them. Ds2 is probably the worst of the series but still is far better than everything else regarding action rpg's. Souls series is just fantastic.

You said you like platformers right? Then Ori and the Blind Forest is perfect for you, best platformer/metrovania game i've ever played and one of the best games ever for sure. Sequel is coming soon.

Cuphead is also a really good choice for platformers, and for horror/gore Gears of War series.

Ori I have heard of that game I will deff check it out. Thanx that will probably be my next purchase.
Edit: just looked up cuphead and omg that art style is so me. I'm getting that tonight lol.
I have played a little of one of the gears games and it felt really awkward but maybe I just need to get used to it. It's a third person shooter correct? Just making sure we're talking about the same game
SW-4162-9790-5425

MaYnardJmz
1 month ago#10
Btw my Xbox came with forza horizon 3 with hot wheels dlc and I'm loving it. Any of the other forza games different enough to check out? Also is the blizzard mountain dlc worth the price?
SW-4162-9790-5425
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Help new to Xbox

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived