Does the Xbox One S play games in 4k or just movies?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Does the Xbox One S play games in 4k or just movies?

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
3 months ago#21
FixedMan posted...
The One S is pointless now just get the One X

Only pointless if you have or want an X, he obviously said he doesn’t have the money for an X. Sure wish people like you would learn how to read before speaking.
Long live machine, The future supreme..
Man overthrown, Spit out the bone..

User Info: K2000kidd

K2000kidd
3 months ago#22
I have the 1st gen XBone in the mancave and the OneS in the family room.
Even on a 1080p TV everything just looks better. We never bought into the 4k/HDR hype.
I believe The One S just downscales 4k to project over 1080p but we CAN see a difference
If you believe in Leprechauns 110%, and are PROUD of it, make this your signature.
XBL: Bzzkll2k15

User Info: ghstbstr

ghstbstr
3 months ago#23
Well I am thinking about selling my Nintendo Switch with that Zelda game that I haven't played for months to someone at work for $300, and use that money towards an Xbox One X.
I will get way more use out of that Xbox One X in one day than I did with my Switch the last 10 or so months.
Alienware Alpha R2 -i7 6700T 8MB 2.8/3.6GHz -GTX960 4GB GDDR5 -16GB DDR4 2133MHz,
-128GB SSD -1TB 7200 HDD -Intel Wireless AC3165/BT 4.2 -Win10 Creators 64bit.

User Info: phoenix9291

phoenix9291
3 months ago#24
K2000kidd posted...
I have the 1st gen XBone in the mancave and the OneS in the family room.
Even on a 1080p TV everything just looks better. We never bought into the 4k/HDR hype.
I believe The One S just downscales 4k to project over 1080p but we CAN see a difference

Placebo effect or better quality tv being used with the One S. The One S does not offer better visuals compared to the standard Xbox One unless it is being used on an HDR tv where it will take advantage of the HDR.

The One S does not downscale from 4k at all as it does not due 4k besides the option to output at 4k when using a 4k display. It is the same visuals as the standard Xbox One with maybe slipghtly better FPS in some games due to a slightly faster cpu.

Whatever difference you are seeing visually is due to the quality of tv not because of the One S.
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup

User Info: lordandmaster

lordandmaster
3 months ago#25
triple s posted...
Overburdened posted...
triple s posted...
The S is not really worth it unless you have a 4KTV and you'd make use out of the UHD player.

I don't have a 4k tv, and my S looks great on it.

Edit.. or did you mean X.

I meant S. He already has a standard Xbox. The S isn't going to make games look better than that other than games that support HDR.

yes the s upscales games to 4k. very much a upgrade. 4k upscaled isn't much diff than reg 4k especially if you have a good tv, so these guys are talking out of their arse

User Info: phoenix9291

phoenix9291
3 months ago#26
lordandmaster posted...
triple s posted...
Overburdened posted...
triple s posted...
The S is not really worth it unless you have a 4KTV and you'd make use out of the UHD player.

I don't have a 4k tv, and my S looks great on it.

Edit.. or did you mean X.

I meant S. He already has a standard Xbox. The S isn't going to make games look better than that other than games that support HDR.

yes the s upscales games to 4k. very much a upgrade. 4k upscaled isn't much diff than reg 4k especially if you have a good tv, so these guys are talking out of their arse

Your tv would already upscale to 4k which renders your point moot. The main benefit for having the One S do the upscaling over your tv would be less input lag for some TVs.
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Does the Xbox One S play games in 4k or just movies?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived