Sea of Thieves or Skull & Bones?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Sea of Thieves or Skull & Bones?

User Info: Billo

Billo
1 month ago#61
The_Hedon posted...
Actually, the fanboys here said it wouldn't sell on Xbox. They said it was a game for PC gamers, and Xbox gamers wouldn't support it.

Source? I know it wasn't me so it doesn't really matter what some other idiots said about PUBG's prospects. I do know that SoT is not PUBG, this one is a surest flop along with Crackdown 3. State of Decay 2 should fare better.

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
1 month ago#62
Billo posted...
The_Hedon posted...
Actually, the fanboys here said it wouldn't sell on Xbox. They said it was a game for PC gamers, and Xbox gamers wouldn't support it.

Source? I know it wasn't me so it doesn't really matter what some other idiots said about PUBG's prospects. I do know that SoT is not PUBG, this one is a surest flop along with Crackdown 3. State of Decay 2 should fare better.

We have no problems with your opinion. So long as you have no problem with other people's opinion.
Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and Microsoft Windows PC for the gaming win!

User Info: Need2KnowLion

Need2KnowLion
1 month ago#63
quickl posted...
Brownstone posted...
Inferno700 posted...
The_Hedon posted...
Brownstone posted...
SoT and it's not even close

This.

Those voting for Skull and Bores are PS fans.

I haven't looked into them much but S&B probably for me since I'm not too big on MP. I barely touch my PS4 since Horizon...

S&B is build around PvP bro. SoT even though is online only, is build around coop.

@Brownstone

Ubisoft already confirmed S&B has a single player campaign, "bro".

http://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-confirms-that-skull-and-bones-will-have-a-single-player-narrative-campaign/

@The_Hedon

Or people that know a better game. You don't have to blindly support a Microsoft developed games just because it's from Microsoft. Skull and Bones looks solid. Sea of Thieves, as it currently stands, is incredibly boring. Unless they announce a LOT more to do in the game, I have no interest in it. The Beta was not very fun.
The closed beta for the game is coming next week. Maybe wait for impressions on that.

User Info: Need2KnowLion

Need2KnowLion
1 month ago#64
Bump

User Info: Vamar

Vamar
1 month ago#65
Skull and Bones looks like it’s primarily an competitive online game, so that’s an instant turn-off for me, Sea of Thieves doesn’t particularly excite me either.

The_Hedon
4 weeks ago#66
https://twitter.com/SeaOfThieves/status/951775447888654342

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
4 weeks ago#67
Mr_Starch posted...
I’ll be the neither button

User Info: quickl

quickl
4 weeks ago#68
@Vamar

Skull and Bones is confirmed to have a single player campaign.
"Bloodborne - The MUST play new IP of the generation" Phil Spencer

The_Hedon
4 weeks ago#69
quickl posted...
@Vamar

Skull and Bones is confirmed to have a single player campaign.

Not really....

But for Skull & Bones, Farren said his team is looking more to the "shared-narrative" approach.

He told us that the campaign elements will be woven into the multiplayer, so there may not be a distinct campaign as some would have wanted.

"The narrative where people can broadcast or stream what they're doing and it's a unique experience to that player," he said. "So, we wanted to take that approach. Like, how do you create a systemic world where every single player's experience is different and also tie it to a world narrative where you meet historical pirates, historically inspired characters, and that you have a narrative where you develop a bond with your crew and interesting characters along the way, taking out kingpins, all those things are part of our narrative. But we didn't want it to be separate, that you just consumed and never looked back."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/we-asked-if-skull-and-bones-will-have-a-single-pla/1100-6452323/

Skull & Bones does have single-player, but not what you expect

https://www.videogamer.com/news/skull-bones-does-have-single-player-but-not-what-you-expect

User Info: RetroGamerX

RetroGamerX
4 weeks ago#70
As an Xbox One X owner i get to play SoT and the best looking console version of S&B

Win win
Sold my PS4 for the almighty 'X'
"Xbox One X is the console for your 4K screen" source: Digital Foundry
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Sea of Thieves or Skull & Bones?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived