Xbox one outsold PS4 and PSVR sales are down

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox one outsold PS4 and PSVR sales are down

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
7 months ago#31
SonyPonyTony posted...
RIP in piece PSVR :(

We hardly knew ye

^this
Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and Microsoft Windows PC for the gaming win!

User Info: ejay8320

ejay8320
7 months ago#32
darktheron posted...
CronoGuyver posted...
darktheron posted...
NPD showed that Xbox one (thanks to the X1X) outsold PS4 in NA in December.

Also interesting stats show PSVR is down from last December in sales.... kind of expected that since steam showed stats on the low usage of VR on their service which reflects on the PSVR as well.

And still no official numbers for the MS...just speculations based on faulty information.

Ok?

According to you the same applies to all consoles. Sony didn’t give exact numbers for a particular month either only by year....

This goes back to trusting the brand - Don't forget that it was MS to say first to 10M wins or that they want to beat the Playstation then they themselves say they're stopping announcing their sales numbers one of the biggest metrics of saying they're beating the competition.

and they still continue to do this kind of marketing. They say something and do the opposite.

Not to say MS hasn't done good(Gamepass, BC, PUBG support, cross buy, etc) but they seem to take a step back for every step the make forward specifically in getting goodwill from non owners.
Consoles: PS2 - PS3 - 360(RIP) - PS4 Handhelds: PSVita
PC: Ryzen 1600, ASUS Prime X370-Pro, ROG STRIX-RX480-8G, 16 Gigs Ram

User Info: Rings

Rings
7 months ago#33
The PS4 sales would have to plateau at some point. They've done so well since launch, it was only a matter of time before the momentum slowed down a bit.

PSVR on the other hand was a cheap VR knockoff since the beginning... Not surprised that it bombed.
Xbox One S (Blue Limited Edition)
Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40gHz / 16GB RAM / GeForce GTX 960

User Info: uptown710

uptown710
7 months ago#34
Rings posted...
The PS4 sales would have to plateau at some point. They've done so well since launch, it was only a matter of time before the momentum slowed down a bit.

PSVR on the other hand was a cheap VR knockoff since the beginning... Not surprised that it bombed.

All VR platforms kinda trailed off. It has nothing to do with expense (we’ll a little), or platform, it’s just that the tech can’t match the vision at this point. One of the best VR experiences, Vive, requires a lot of space to get going. Something that many people can’t spare. Add to the fact that very few games actually capitalize on the hardware.
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal

User Info: Rings

Rings
7 months ago#35
uptown710 posted...
Rings posted...

All VR platforms kinda trailed off. It has nothing to do with expense (we’ll a little), or platform, it’s just that the tech can’t match the vision at this point. One of the best VR experiences, Vive, requires a lot of space to get going. Something that many people can’t spare. Add to the fact that very few games actually capitalize on the hardware.

Exactly, that's what I've been saying all along... These gimmicks (Kinect, PS Move, VR) are a really cool feature... But then people quickly realize they don't want to move their furniture around and strap things to their face just to play video games.

I think good ol' console and/or PC route is here to stay.
Xbox One S (Blue Limited Edition)
Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40gHz / 16GB RAM / GeForce GTX 960

User Info: Rob_Van_Dam93

Rob_Van_Dam93
7 months ago#36
Grasping for straws lol. PS4 been outselling Xbox all generation. , I would hope that Xbox outsells on the month their new console releases. Too bad this month its just gonna go back to how it was.
PSN:SS5DEJAN

User Info: MachineZed

MachineZed
7 months ago#37
Rob_Van_Dam93 posted...
Grasping for straws lol. PS4 been outselling Xbox all generation. , I would hope that Xbox outsells on the month their new console releases. Too bad this month its just gonna go back to how it was.

This is the other thing that happens around here. Any positive news about MS, not necessarily from MS, gets downplayed. At least this one didn’t go the standard “NPD is US only”
---
Promote what you love rather than bash what you hate.

User Info: OzzieArcane

OzzieArcane
7 months ago#38
ejay8320 posted...
Not to say MS hasn't done good(Gamepass, BC, PUBG support, cross buy, etc) but they seem to take a step back for every step the make forward specifically in getting goodwill from non owners.

It would be even worse if non owners (which I was until last week) knew that they couldn't use a gift card balance to buy BC games for some stupid freaking reason.
Check out my youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAiMnaplrJVYqdVHP58VyTw
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox one outsold PS4 and PSVR sales are down

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived