How's the S model revision in comparison to launch model?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How's the S model revision in comparison to launch model?

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
4 months ago#1
I bought the original Xbox One on launch day back in 2013, ended up selling the console 2 years later. While I did enjoy some of its games, the console itself felt very clunky. Simple tasks like traversing the dashboard felt kinda cumbersome. I heard the S model improves this, how is it true?

I'm picking it up again to enjoy some games, and I don't care about visual performance that much to justify an One X. Don't even own a 4K TV.

Thanks for any inputs!

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
4 months ago#2
Bump.

User Info: J2thaM

J2thaM
4 months ago#3
It is definitely smaller and easier to transport if necessary. I really like the fact that the power button on S console can be pushed, unlike the original XB1 which easily can be touched and system comes on or off.

User Info: mike468

mike468
4 months ago#4
It has slightly stronger hardware specs. So things like the dash run smoother, and games load faster. Not entirely sure, but from what I recall reading, there is something like a 10% performance increase over the base model. Not enough for games to take advantage of it, but enough for the dash and UI to run smoother because of it.
Triggered fanboys,make the internet go round. In the most disgusting way

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
4 months ago#5
Much better than the launch version.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How's the S model revision in comparison to launch model?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived