Playing the 360 version of Bioshock 2 on the Xbox one is awesome thanks to VSync

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Playing the 360 version of Bioshock 2 on the Xbox one is awesome thanks to VSync

User Info: NakedSnake1986

NakedSnake1986
6 months ago#1
Bioshock 1, 2 and Infinite all have an unlock frame rate option on the 360 version basically running the game at 40 to 60 fps. The major drawback on the 360 was doing so caused horrible screen tear every time you moved the camera horizontally. Thanks the the Xbox one emulation V sync, there's 0 screen tears running the game at an unlocked frame rate. So basically I can play bioshock 2 at close to 60 fps with no drawbacks.

I wish saints row 1 and 2 were bc, those games had awful screen tearing, I think they both ran at an unlocked frame rate.
i.imgur.com/aeeRljO.mp4

User Info: mcnichoj

mcnichoj
6 months ago#2
NakedSnake1986 posted...
I wish saints row 1 and 2 were bc, those games had awful screen tearing, I think they both ran at an unlocked frame rate.
lol, I wish they were BC just so I can play the alternate versions for achievements. Due to the character creator server shutting down in 3/4, I imported a collection of the first three games in German.
Bump in performance is a nice additive.
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj | Switch FC: Ask
"Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy."

User Info: GamecubeIchiban

GamecubeIchiban
6 months ago#3
Do the versions in the Bioshock Collection run at 60fps?
Hammer of JUSTICE Crushes You, Over Power.
http://www.glsen.org/

User Info: AOD_Vamp

AOD_Vamp
6 months ago#4
GamecubeIchiban posted...

1 and 2 run at a steady 60fps but Infinite can get a little choppy at times running between 40-60fps.
XBL Gamertag-Hired Gun 001

User Info: GamecubeIchiban

GamecubeIchiban
6 months ago#5
AOD_Vamp posted...

1 and 2 run at a steady 60fps but Infinite can get a little choppy at times running between 40-60fps.

Ah, ok.
tks
Hammer of JUSTICE Crushes You, Over Power.
http://www.glsen.org/

User Info: NakedSnake1986

NakedSnake1986
6 months ago#6

They all run at 60fps standard along with cleaned up visuals. Only playing the 360 version because I got the Xbox game pass and that's the only bioshock on there.
i.imgur.com/aeeRljO.mp4

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
6 months ago#7
They run near 60FPS. They do drop a fair bit at points. They're definitely not as smooth as the collection, but if they're ever given full access to the 1X's power then they should do.

I hope eventually MS allows BC titles to access a little more or a few patches optimise the emulation on the new hardware. And if Bioshock 1 got a 4k patch I might say it's superior to the questionable remaster.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Playing the 360 version of Bioshock 2 on the Xbox one is awesome thanks to VSync

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived