Is MS about to announce an epic open world RPG to rule them all!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is MS about to announce an epic open world RPG to rule them all!

User Info: simonbelmont2

simonbelmont2
1 month ago#41
DirkMcGurkin posted...
agentspoon posted...
If it is Playground games then they need to take their knowledge of the Drivatar system and make something like the Nemesis system from Shadow of War/Mordor.

The main badguy/enemies learns how you play and can counter it. If you always cast a defensive spell before the fight then the badguy/enemies counter that spell before the fight. If you always do a three hit combo and then roll to the right then the badguy/enemies learns to block three times and attack left.

Great idea. The nemesis system is so underused. I thought we'd see similar things in other games but so far nothing. This idea could be put into social interactions with NPCs in addition to the combat.

The possibilities really are endless when you apply the nemesis system to an open world RPG.

Yep, that's a solid idea.

The Nemesis system is worth using and improving. Thus far no one else has really taken that ball and run with it.
And I'll face no shame. Cause tonight's the night I die for our name

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
1 month ago#42
DirkMcGurkin posted...
We should start a petition to get HP and Dell to start funding great games for PC. I would love to see some Dell exclusives and some HP exclusives that wouldn't otherwise be made without their funding. Sure, I'd have to buy a Dell, and an HP, and probably more after other PC makers caught on to the idea of exclusives. I'm sure NVIDIA would get involved and maybe even intel. AMD. s***, I'd have to buy a lot of different PCs and video cards. It would be worth it for all those new games that I would get to play that wouldn't have otherwise existed.

We're talking dedicated gaming consoles with locked ecosystems. MS is in the console business to lock customers into their ecosystem. If Dell wants to try their hands on that and make a locked ecosystem to compete with Steam or Windows 10 then go ahead. I imagine they'd be incredibly unsuccessful because the PC market is open unlike the console market. The barrier of entry is also monumental and the risks are great considering the investments needed.

It's the same with other forms of media too. Television networks and magazines differentiate with exclusive contents too in an attempt to make you subscribe or gain ad revenue. If they offer enough things you want then maybe you will do just that. Competition is a reason to invest and Sony and Nintendo making exclusives is the reason MS will be blessing us with Fable 4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipUtBcOpSB0

User Info: SammichTime

SammichTime
1 month ago#43
DirkMcGurkin posted...
agentspoon posted...
If it is Playground games then they need to take their knowledge of the Drivatar system and make something like the Nemesis system from Shadow of War/Mordor.

The main badguy/enemies learns how you play and can counter it. If you always cast a defensive spell before the fight then the badguy/enemies counter that spell before the fight. If you always do a three hit combo and then roll to the right then the badguy/enemies learns to block three times and attack left.

Great idea. The nemesis system is so underused. I thought we'd see similar things in other games but so far nothing. This idea could be put into social interactions with NPCs in addition to the combat.

The possibilities really are endless when you apply the nemesis system to an open world RPG.

Adaptive followers and npcs that show actual growth in actions would be interesting.
We need more giant robots
GT: Barcnori

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
1 month ago#44
INKU48 posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...
We should start a petition to get HP and Dell to start funding great games for PC. I would love to see some Dell exclusives and some HP exclusives that wouldn't otherwise be made without their funding. Sure, I'd have to buy a Dell, and an HP, and probably more after other PC makers caught on to the idea of exclusives. I'm sure NVIDIA would get involved and maybe even intel. AMD. s***, I'd have to buy a lot of different PCs and video cards. It would be worth it for all those new games that I would get to play that wouldn't have otherwise existed.

We're talking dedicated gaming consoles with locked ecosystems. MS is in the console business to lock customers into their ecosystem. If Dell wants to try their hands on that and make a locked ecosystem to compete with Steam or Windows 10 then go ahead. I imagine they'd be incredibly unsuccessful because the PC market is open unlike the console market. The barrier of entry is also monumental and the risks are great considering the investments needed.

It's the same with other forms of media too. Television networks and magazines differentiate with exclusive contents too in an attempt to make you subscribe or gain ad revenue. If they offer enough things you want then maybe you will do just that. Competition is a reason to invest and Sony and Nintendo making exclusives is the reason MS will be blessing us with Fable 4.

I respect your opinion, but I'm just going to agree to disagree. It's not helping me any to have to buy multiple pieces of hardware if I want to fully enjoy gaming. I don't care about a console companies struggles to sell me hardware. Video games shouldn't be about hardware, they should be about software...the content. If I have to miss out on a few games that would never get made so that I can have more freedom with the software that I purchase, then I'd say that's a fair trade.
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
1 month ago#45
DirkMcGurkin posted...
I respect your opinion, but I'm just going to agree to disagree. It's not helping me any to have to buy multiple pieces of hardware if I want to fully enjoy gaming. I don't care about a console companies struggles to sell me hardware. Video games shouldn't be about hardware, they should be about software...the content. If I have to miss out on a few games that would never get made so that I can have more freedom with the software that I purchase, then I'd say that's a fair trade.

I'm not saying you need to buy a PS4 and a Switch to enjoy gaming. I'm saying Sony and Nintendo creates games for their consoles to tempt you to do that. They failed in your case. You bought an Xbox and Sony's and Nintendo's games don't look good enough to entice you into buying their consoles to you personally. The Xbox One has more than enough games for you and that's great. That doesn't change the fact that these games were to some degree created as a selling point for their consoles.

I bought a PS4 first this gen because more franchises I cared about had games in development for that console but Microsoft managed to tempt me into buying an Xbox One with console exclusives like Ori, Sunset Overdrive and Scalebound. Thanks to these exclusives I have spent hundreds of dollars on Xbox Gold and Xbox software. I would not own an Xbox One without exclusives. It has also helped me see what a great console the Xbox One is which I will tell my friends too. Maybe one of them will buy an Xbox One one day?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipUtBcOpSB0

User Info: EtherealEidolon

EtherealEidolon
1 month ago#46
I thought Xboxers didn't like 'cinematic' games.

User Info: GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim
1 month ago#47
EtherealEidolon posted...

We don't? That's news to me.
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)

User Info: Overburdened

Overburdened
1 month ago#48
F4ble.
When the Lion Devours Both Dragon and Child.

User Info: simonbelmont2

simonbelmont2
1 month ago#49

Stop talking out of your batty crease.
And I'll face no shame. Cause tonight's the night I die for our name

User Info: uncledonnie3

uncledonnie3
1 month ago#50

What does this comment have to do with anything?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is MS about to announce an epic open world RPG to rule them all!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived