Is MS about to announce an epic open world RPG to rule them all!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is MS about to announce an epic open world RPG to rule them all!

User Info: urmie

urmie
6 months ago#31
abbeldydoo posted...
urmie posted...
abbeldydoo posted...
Discharged19DCS posted...
abbeldydoo posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...
abbeldydoo posted...
You had me until multiplat.

Well that's a shame. I had you until I mentioned that anyone could play the game?

Games become no fun to play when more people can play them?

I don't mind a world without exclusives.Its not about me not wanting people to play a game its about me not believing that MS would publish it as a multiplat.

All of Microsoft’s recent and future releases are multiplatform games. Why would this be any different?

When did MS release a game for PS4 and Switch?

Minecraft.

Nope.Mojang published it and then MS bought it.

MS purchases Mojang. Sept. 2014
https://mojang.com/2014/09/yes-were-being-bought-by-microsoft/

PS4: September 4, 2014
Switch: May 11, 2017

Regardless of the dates, MS owns all of Minecraft and I can see them doing this for other IPs.
Facts don't care about your feelings.

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
6 months ago#32
@INKU48 posted...
I LOVE that MS, Sony and Nintendo keeps funding great games. It makes games which wouldn't be possible without them happen. Be thankful for exclusives.

We should start a petition to get HP and Dell to start funding great games for PC. I would love to see some Dell exclusives and some HP exclusives that wouldn't otherwise be made without their funding. Sure, I'd have to buy a Dell, and an HP, and probably more after other PC makers caught on to the idea of exclusives. I'm sure NVIDIA would get involved and maybe even intel. AMD. s***, I'd have to buy a lot of different PCs and video cards. It would be worth it for all those new games that I would get to play that wouldn't have otherwise existed.

Just imagine all the great movies and music we're missing out on right now because Samsung, LG, and Philips haven't caught onto the idea of funding these things to make them exclusive to their hardware. Man, I sure wish I had to buy 3 different blu ray players so that we could have better movies. I would be so thankful for that!

Sorry for the sarcasm, but you get my point right?
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin

User Info: Lathissamus

Lathissamus
6 months ago#33
I doubt there can be an RPG made this gen to eclipse Witcher 3
http://i.imgur.com/olOXz6h.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/kaFczn3.gif

DirkMcGurkin
6 months ago#34
Lathissamus posted...

Yeah, it will be tough. I'm just glad they raised the bar. I remember thinking when I was paying it how it meant everyone else needed to step it up.

The new Playground Games RPG could be the one to challenge it. Especially if it turns out to be a Fable reboot like many speculate.

User Info: simonbelmont2

simonbelmont2
6 months ago#35
Lathissamus posted...

I like Witcher a lot, I think Witcher 3 excels with its writing and dialogue. When I'm talking to people and making choices in dialogue the game is outstanding.

However, for me personally the stuff I do in the game when I'm not talking is unremarkable. The combat is fine but it's nothing special. Geralt's Batman vision isn't that special either. That stuff is all functional but for me it's nothing special.
And I'll face no shame. Cause tonight's the night I die for our name

DirkMcGurkin
6 months ago#36
simonbelmont2 posted...
Lathissamus posted...

I like Witcher a lot, I think Witcher 3 excels with its writing and dialogue. When I'm talking to people and making choices in dialogue the game is excellent.

However, for me personally the stuff I do in the game when I'm not talking is unremarkable. The combat is fine but it's nothing special. Geralt's Batman vision isn't that special either. That stuff is all functional but for me it's nothing special.

When I think of Playground Games new RPG, I think of AC:Origins and how it took a lot of the best parts of great open world games and combined them while enhancing them to create something special. Although it didn't have the writing like The Witcher 3.

That's what Playground needs to do. They have to step it up and with MS backing them, they can do it if the talent is there. Fable would be the perfect world for launching something like this. A reboot with a whole new level of AI interaction like we've never seen.

I'm done being impressed by making worlds bigger and prettier. I want to see the AI in a game do something new. I want NPCs to actually act like real people instead of robots. We'll get there. Please let it be soon.

User Info: simonbelmont2

simonbelmont2
6 months ago#37
DirkMcGurkin posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
Lathissamus posted...

I like Witcher a lot, I think Witcher 3 excels with its writing and dialogue. When I'm talking to people and making choices in dialogue the game is excellent.

When I think of Playground Games new RPG, I think of AC:Origins and how it took a lot of the best parts of great open world games and combined them while enhancing them to create something special. Although it didn't have the writing like The Witcher 3.

That's what Playground needs to do. They have to step it up and with MS backing them, they can do it if the talent is there. Fable would be the perfect world for launching something like this. A reboot with a whole new level of AI interaction like we've never seen.

I agree man and I think that's the right design philosophy for success. If they take the best parts from great open world games and combine them as well as enhancing them it could be great.

That's a winning formula right there.
And I'll face no shame. Cause tonight's the night I die for our name

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
6 months ago#38
If it is Playground games then they need to take their knowledge of the Drivatar system and make something like the Nemesis system from Shadow of War/Mordor.

The main badguy/enemies learns how you play and can counter it. If you always cast a defensive spell before the fight then the badguy/enemies counter that spell before the fight. If you always do a three hit combo and then roll to the right then the badguy/enemies learns to block three times and attack left.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
6 months ago#39
AbramsM1A2 posted...
I have something huge to unleash....

This thread needs more pics.....
Me...I like that the Xbox is focused on more genres to give the gamers a nice rounded library of games.

DirkMcGurkin
6 months ago#40
agentspoon posted...
If it is Playground games then they need to take their knowledge of the Drivatar system and make something like the Nemesis system from Shadow of War/Mordor.

The main badguy/enemies learns how you play and can counter it. If you always cast a defensive spell before the fight then the badguy/enemies counter that spell before the fight. If you always do a three hit combo and then roll to the right then the badguy/enemies learns to block three times and attack left.

Great idea. The nemesis system is so underused. I thought we'd see similar things in other games but so far nothing. This idea could be put into social interactions with NPCs in addition to the combat.

The possibilities really are endless when you apply the nemesis system to an open world RPG.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is MS about to announce an epic open world RPG to rule them all!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived