Is MS about to announce an epic open world RPG to rule them all!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is MS about to announce an epic open world RPG to rule them all!
(message deleted)

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
6 months ago#12
INKU48 posted...
The only reason MS is funding it is to differentiate their platform from the competition. Without exclusivity there would be no game.

They can differentiate their platform with the power it has to run it better than on other consoles. They are already releasing their exclusives on PC as well. I always read about how Sony, Nintendo, and MS take a loss on their hardware because software is where the money is made. What better way to sell software then to make it available to a larger audience?

I just don't get the obsession some gamers have with game exclusivity and a false sense that it's important to selling consoles. I think MS should license their platform to other hardware manufacturers like Samsung, LG, and even Sony. Let them make Xbox compatible hardware as long as it meets the required minimum specs for their games. The hardware companies can compete with each other through other features like HD bluray players, voice assistants, and other features outside of the core gaming experience.

The best part would be the pressure this would take off of the game developers as well as remove any need to have to purchase multiple consoles. The money you spend on consoles would go where it's most important..... the people who develop the content that you enjoy on your hardware.
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin

User Info: robert_rangersu

robert_rangersu
6 months ago#13
Relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XOwc_YIZpw
PC, Xbox One, PS4 Pro.

User Info: StoneRevolver

StoneRevolver
6 months ago#14
Do we have any other information? Cause' i'm interested.
I mean like a link or something.
PS4 Pro & X1X Scorpio Edition owner
"I survived because the fire inside burned brighter than the fire around me."

User Info: Discharged19DCS

Discharged19DCS
6 months ago#15
abbeldydoo posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...
abbeldydoo posted...
You had me until multiplat.

Well that's a shame. I had you until I mentioned that anyone could play the game?

Games become no fun to play when more people can play them?

I don't mind a world without exclusives.Its not about me not wanting people to play a game its about me not believing that MS would publish it as a multiplat.

All of Microsoft’s recent and future releases are multiplatform games. Why would this be any different?

DirkMcGurkin
6 months ago#16
StoneRevolver posted...
Do we have any other information? Cause' i'm interested.
I mean like a link or something.

No. We just know that Playground games is working on an "open world rpg". Could be Fable 4, but that's irrelevant to the topic since it doesn't matter what the game is called. It's going to be a big deal.

I'm just making some predictions/hopes/dreams/wishful thinking. It's most likely going to be something pretty damn epic though because you can't just release another open world RPG and expect it to impress anyone without being really special. We've come a long way since the last Elder Scrolls and Fable 3.

User Info: abbeldydoo

abbeldydoo
6 months ago#17
Discharged19DCS posted...
abbeldydoo posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...
abbeldydoo posted...

Well that's a shame. I had you until I mentioned that anyone could play the game?

I don't mind a world without exclusives.Its not about me not wanting people to play a game its about me not believing that MS would publish it as a multiplat.

All of Microsoft’s recent and future releases are multiplatform games. Why would this be any different?

When did MS release a game for PS4 and Switch?
Gamefaqs.You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious

DirkMcGurkin
6 months ago#18
abbeldydoo posted...
abbeldydoo posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...
abbeldydoo posted...

You didn't answer the question. I'll even reword it so we get rid of that scary word "multiplat".
All of Microsoft’s recent and future releases are also on PC. Why would this be any different?

User Info: Discharged19DCS

Discharged19DCS
6 months ago#19
abbeldydoo posted...
abbeldydoo posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...
abbeldydoo posted...

They didn’t. They released games for other multiple platforms. Making those games multiplatform games.

Actually, they did. Minecraft. But that’s likely an anomaly.

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
6 months ago#20
It won't be mp. I'm against exclusives, but everyone knows Sony is ahead of Microsoft this gen mostly because of them (i don't like their exclusives, but they are usually AAA mainstream games, therefore popular). Everything else Xbox does better, but exclusives matter, and Phil knows it.

Be ready for a s*** ton of MS exclusives between 2018-2021.
Gamertag: Mr Brownstone64
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is MS about to announce an epic open world RPG to rule them all!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived