Xbox Doesn't Need VR

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox Doesn't Need VR

User Info: kennyynnoo

kennyynnoo
1 month ago#31
SkippyjonJones1 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
If they can get pc VR games to come in I'd buy it. But after GT sport not being able to handle it well I don't want half assed VR.

I agree. So, do you think the xbox one x could handle it? I played on the VIVE and had a blast with it. I heard PSVR is crap compared to the VIVE and I don't think Microsoft should even consider it if it's not as good as the VIVE.

I have no idea honestly. It should be better than ps4 pro but how much Idk. I have psvr, it can be cool but racing games show its limits. Looking like 1/8th of a mile up the track looks like I'm on a ps2. Up close cars look great but once they're about 4 car lengths away they get pixely. Its my understanding that its all on the ps4 not the vr headset for this. You can use a psvr on pc, I've used it on my x1 and pc for cinematic mode but there's an app to use vr on pc to. My pc can't handle vr though. But I would only want Xbox vr on the x1x, the old Xbox would force us to have crap games.
Ps4/x1/pc

User Info: tzuyd

tzuyd
1 month ago#32
AgentLocke posted...
It needs something amazing that’s exclusive to VR.

What you're asking for would require every VR owner across both platforms to purchase a copy at ~$175 each for it to be commercially viable and break even.

Get real.
I sexually identify as a 100% inoffensively correct person. My pronouns are 'yes', 'uh huh' and 'absolutely'.

User Info: darktheron

darktheron
1 month ago#33
Well according to NPD the PSVR sales are down from last December so... ouch.
"I was purged FOUR times since last August so I decided to ramp up the troll posts now." - Laylow12(Hornedlion)

User Info: PS4TW

PS4TW
1 month ago#34
Vr is neat as hell for about an hour then you just want a regular tv and controller to actually play games and relax. Same as Kinect and motion controls just distractions that are ultimately gimmicks with no practical application.
My top 10 PS4 games = FFX HD, The Last of Us Remastered, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, Yakuza 0, FF12 HD, Until Dawn, Journey.

User Info: SigmaLongshot

SigmaLongshot
1 month ago#35
PS4TW posted...
Vr is neat as hell for about an hour then you just want a regular tv and controller to actually play games and relax. Same as Kinect and motion controls just distractions that are ultimately gimmicks with no practical application.

Well, that's how I feel about it.

Once you've activated all the extra gear, made sure the dog's locked away in the next room, shooed all of your furniture out of the way and calibrated, you usually get about 30-40 minutes out of it before the lenses start to steam up, or your duodenum starts to make gurgly noises, or your mind is just too taxed from all that equilibrium-eff-uppery. I mean, they're great, those 30-40 minutes, but afterwards you feel like you need a rest.

I don't know about you, but any gaming device that makes me feel like it needs to be a high-energy event is going to fall neatly into the "once in a while" category.

Though that said, the first time I tried out Job Simulator, I played until I got knackered then spent another hour watching all of the videos I took, so I guess that part counts as my "rest".
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo PS4: Gooey_Toto/SigmaLongshot
A decade working in AAA game development? Time certainly flies.

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
1 month ago#36
fratalien posted...
Agreed.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38

User Info: Yalis

Yalis
1 month ago#37
The industry need it though
Having 2 consoles doing VR is better for 3rd Party devs.

User Info: rawrs

rawrs
1 month ago#38
Yalis posted...
The industry need it though
Having 2 consoles doing VR is better for 3rd Party devs.

No it really doesn't. Until VR can prove it belongs in the industry as a solid, consistent form of revenue for investors then it will continue to stay as it is, a niche product for hobbists whom enjoy it.

As many others have said, its not evolved or been developed enough to warrant a serious investment from someone like Microsoft whom is already invested in mixed reality.

User Info: Yalis

Yalis
1 month ago#39
rawrs posted...
Until VR can prove it belongs in the industry as a solid, consistent form of revenue for investors then it will continue to stay as it is, a niche product for hobbists whom enjoy it.

How can it prove itself if no one support it??

User Info: SpikeTheSpaceCo

SpikeTheSpaceCo
1 month ago#40
It would just cause all of the haters to complain about MS spending time on stupid VR gimmicks, instead of AAA titles.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox Doesn't Need VR

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived