Xbox Doesn't Need VR

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox Doesn't Need VR

User Info: rawrs

rawrs
1 month ago#21
MRL3G3ND posted...
This is purely fanboy opinion...its business 101 to best or match your competition

It kills me that the fanboys will say VR is a waste..when its been proven to be successful
Then turn right around and support holo lense when there isn't even one single set available OR A GAME TO PLAY ON IT

MS is a stupid company..they missed an opportunity to at least be competitive...
Right now we are in a the biggest drought of gaming I've ever seen..I bought 1 game last year, and I don't see anything worth buying for a while...on top of that exclusives are far and few.

Supporting VR could have expanded the dehydrated library on the xbox right now.
They didn't have to develop a set, they could have made the occulus or vive compatible
The 1X is on par with PC ultra settings right now, so pulling off High end VR (like they promised) would have shamed PSVR

but no MS is notorious for doing wtf they want instead of meeting consumer demands..if it wasn't for their operating system, they would have went out of business long ago

Is it now? And how many businesses have you successfully ran, managed, or supervised? Because I am willing to bet money its a grand total of zero.

You talk about Business 101 yet you fail to even see the evidence of previous failure in their risk vs reward approach that some businesses all run into at any given point in time. Microsoft has put investors money and faith into the Xbox One and Kinect. Both at given points of time have failed to meet investors needs and failed to live up to the high expectations that the PS4 and recently, The Switch have created.

The Xbox, while no means a failure in its own right as a brand, has under gone several risky ventures via continued Kinect support, the attempt at phasing out used games during the pre launch of the Xbox One, the Xbox One S, and the Xbox One X. Of those four mentioned two where failures. There is no sugar coating that year one Xbox One was a failure, Kinect in this generation was also a failure. Xbox One S got lukewarm but decent reception and only recently has Microsoft hit a home run with the Xbox One X due to delivering on their promises.

Xbox has to do damage control and prove to its investors that its worth investment. Without customers and investors Xbox will cease to exist, something you might know about Mr.Business 101. I can tell you right now, the people who are currently invested in Xbox, they do not want their valuable stock and money to be thrown into a risky venture such as VR. Its a niche, you can call me and others fanboys all you like, but money talks and right now, there will be NO money in it for Microsoft to take a high stakes risk into a territory that is still yet to be established as a mainstream market. Business 101 would dictate appealing to investors and appealing to broad consumers.

Right now investors and consumers want one thing out of Microsoft/Xbox, Games. Microsoft would waste valuable time and most importantly, money in venturing not only into a VR headset that will need its own R&D team not to mention other departments, but also seek out money, time and investment in games for said yet to be even developed product. You know what Microsoft and its investors have right now? Three versions of a console that is starting to pick up momentum. You would be an idiot not to mention fail Business 101 if you wasted your resources on spreading yourself so thin that your profit margins become minimal to none.

Microsoft has one path ahead of it right now that it needs, exclusive games. Once it gets those, once it builds up a following like it had back in the days of the Xbox 360, then maybe...just maybe Microsoft and its investors may have some money to risk in something as trivial as VR, but until that day happens, go back to school and learn proper business 101.

User Info: AgentLocke

AgentLocke
1 month ago#22
I’m another one of the “amazing at first” people. My first week I was all praise for the PSVR. I still am for the most part, don’t get me wrong. It’s just an inconvenience. I can’t move it room to room without a huge hassle. The wires are annoying. Most importantly, you’re cut off from the world.

I love immersion more than anything, but as a single dad with a daughter, I can’t really play it when she’s up, or when she’s asleep (can’t hear monitor). Also, in certain games, the motion sickness is intense. I’m a little more mixed on it now compared to a few weeks ago. Hell, I haven’t even used it in the past week and a half.

Worth the $200 I got it for while on sale though? Absolutely. No question. It’s just not something that will take over traditional gaming any time soon for me.

The lack of must have ips for it is a big deal also. If Skyrim didn’t come out on it, I probably would have skipped it. That, RE7 and Farpoint are the only must haves I’ve played. Two aren’t exclusive to VR and the other would be a mediocre shooter without it. It needs something amazing that’s exclusive to VR.
Gt: KB ReDZ PSN: xHaLfBAkedRAMB0x 3DS FC: 3583-2749-4407 Steam: G13TheDon
http://thenerdrecites.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Title-3.png The trolls of Gfaqs

User Info: Battleship_Gray

Battleship_Gray
1 month ago#23
MRL3G3ND posted...
It kills me that the fanboys will say VR is a waste..when its been proven to be successful
Then turn right around and support holo lense when there isn't even one single set available OR A GAME TO PLAY ON IT

Can you name someone who did that?
Recent-ish art MVC Infinite Edition: http://i.imgur.com/I7FQq30.png http://i.imgur.com/UQiWXqD.png http://i.imgur.com/ndMiEeJ.png http://i.imgur.com/vvf9Hiz.png

User Info: kennyynnoo

kennyynnoo
1 month ago#24
If they can get pc VR games to come in I'd buy it. But after GT sport not being able to handle it well I don't want half assed VR.
Ps4/x1/pc

User Info: MRL3G3ND

MRL3G3ND
1 month ago#25
StoneRevolver posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
This is purely fanboy opinion...its business 101 to best or match your competition

MS is a stupid company..they missed an opportunity to at least be competitive...
Right now we are in a the biggest drought of gaming I've ever seen..I bought 1 game last year, and I don't see anything worth buying for a while...on top of that exclusives are far and few.

Supporting VR could have expanded the dehydrated library on the xbox right now.
They didn't have to develop a set, they could have made the occulus or vive compatible
The 1X is on par with PC ultra settings right now, so pulling off High end VR (like they promised) would have shamed PSVR

but no MS is notorious for doing wtf they want instead of meeting consumer demands..if it wasn't for their operating system, they would have went out of business long ago

Why is it that anyone who doesn't believe in VR is automatically a 'fanboy'.
You guys throw that word around far too much, it doesn't mean anything.
Some us just don't like VR. It's not where it should be for the market.
I'm not wasting 500$ on something that won't be perfected for another 5 years.
You want to waste your money, go right ahead, but stop name calling people just because they don't agree with you.

I can respect that
You have legitimate reasons for not liking VR

Its the people that come in here and say "VR is a fad kill it with a stick"

and have no supporting or legitimate reason..except that their console doesn't have it..so it must fail.

These are the same people that that will praise it when it does release for the xbox..which is inevitable
they've already confirmed it...its not an IF its WHEN
The Beauty of Fallout 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXWI8jil6mg

User Info: Satchmo25

Satchmo25
1 month ago#26
^yeah, when the tech is better, because the vast majority of people don't want it right now because its half-assed.
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
http://i.imgur.com/AUYtAmy.png

User Info: SkippyjonJones1

SkippyjonJones1
1 month ago#27
kennyynnoo posted...
If they can get pc VR games to come in I'd buy it. But after GT sport not being able to handle it well I don't want half assed VR.

I agree. So, do you think the xbox one x could handle it? I played on the VIVE and had a blast with it. I heard PSVR is crap compared to the VIVE and I don't think Microsoft should even consider it if it's not as good as the VIVE.
(message deleted)

User Info: TBONE_OG

TBONE_OG
1 month ago#29
VR isn't good enough in my eyes yet. Improve it and maybe I'll get on board.
Always O.G.

User Info: chex81

chex81
1 month ago#30
Satchmo25 posted...
^yeah, when the tech is better, because the vast majority of people don't want it right now because its half-assed.

This exactly, VR is very far behind from what i expect as a quality product id spend my $$ on
XBL: chex81 || NNID: phasma81
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox Doesn't Need VR

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived