Xbox Doesn't Need VR

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox Doesn't Need VR

User Info: vashkey

vashkey
1 month ago#11
Agreed.

User Info: dfalls1

dfalls1
1 month ago#12
Microsoft has already put money into their AR project. Hopefully we'll see it with the next Xbox console?

User Info: TrickyPony

TrickyPony
1 month ago#13
don't think it needs it, I wouldn't buy it if it released. Played it a lot on a few occassions but don't see any lasting appeal
This topic is taking the word s*** bucket to a whole 'nother level!!!!
-Sasquatch8080

User Info: grampamurked

grampamurked
1 month ago#14
Need has nothing to do with it.

NO resources would be expended as all the hardware already exists.

A stupid move to not allow it and let gamers decide for themselves.
Steam ID: H8Laggers PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU GT: H8laggers
Currently playing: The keyboard on my smartphone.

User Info: MRL3G3ND

MRL3G3ND
1 month ago#15
This is purely fanboy opinion...its business 101 to best or match your competition

It kills me that the fanboys will say VR is a waste..when its been proven to be successful
Then turn right around and support holo lense when there isn't even one single set available OR A GAME TO PLAY ON IT

MS is a stupid company..they missed an opportunity to at least be competitive...
Right now we are in a the biggest drought of gaming I've ever seen..I bought 1 game last year, and I don't see anything worth buying for a while...on top of that exclusives are far and few.

Supporting VR could have expanded the dehydrated library on the xbox right now.
They didn't have to develop a set, they could have made the occulus or vive compatible
The 1X is on par with PC ultra settings right now, so pulling off High end VR (like they promised) would have shamed PSVR

but no MS is notorious for doing wtf they want instead of meeting consumer demands..if it wasn't for their operating system, they would have went out of business long ago
The Beauty of Fallout 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXWI8jil6mg

User Info: Soooo_not_good

Soooo_not_good
1 month ago#16
Yeah f*** vr kinect is the way to go.
Chillin' like a Villain
Psn:Goodman____

User Info: StoneRevolver

StoneRevolver
1 month ago#17
MRL3G3ND posted...
This is purely fanboy opinion...its business 101 to best or match your competition

It kills me that the fanboys will say VR is a waste..when its been proven to be successful
Then turn right around and support holo lense when there isn't even one single set available OR A GAME TO PLAY ON IT

MS is a stupid company..they missed an opportunity to at least be competitive...
Right now we are in a the biggest drought of gaming I've ever seen..I bought 1 game last year, and I don't see anything worth buying for a while...on top of that exclusives are far and few.

They didn't have to develop a set, they could have made the occulus or vive compatible
The 1X is on par with PC ultra settings right now, so pulling off High end VR (like they promised) would have shamed PSVR

but no MS is notorious for doing wtf they want instead of meeting consumer demands..if it wasn't for their operating system, they would have went out of business long ago

Why is it that anyone who doesn't believe in VR is automatically a 'fanboy'.
You guys throw that word around far too much, it doesn't mean anything.
Some us just don't like VR. It's not where it should be for the market.
I'm not wasting 500$ on something that won't be perfected for another 5 years.
You want to waste your money, go right ahead, but stop name calling people just because they don't agree with you.
PS4 Pro & X1X Scorpio Edition owner
"I survived because the fire inside burned brighter than the fire around me."

User Info: Satchmo25

Satchmo25
1 month ago#18
MRL3G3ND posted...

Lol fanboys, MS isn't competitive? I need to hear the pony logic that describes how one of the richest companies in the entire world isn't competitve with a lowly company like Sony who can't even crack the top 500
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
http://i.imgur.com/AUYtAmy.png

User Info: SigmaLongshot

SigmaLongshot
1 month ago#19
As someone with a PSVR and now an HTC Vive, I can say that it's definitely neat and unique, but nowhere near at a state where it's going to transcend traditional gaming.

Put it this way - the way I felt when gaming with Kinect - that I had to "make it an event" - you know, move the coffee table, set up all the gear, etc - it's still a similar experience with VR. And even after all that, you still can't play for as long as you might sit and play a normal game, because it's more cerebrally and physically demanding - I could play Skyrim on my Xbox for easily 2-3 hours at a time, but I max out at about 30-40 minutes in VR, due to how much it taxes my head (and before anyone cites "myth!" - it's a scientific fact that the dissonance created by the brain by a VR environment causes your brain to go into overdrive testing equilibrium, etc).

It's great fun. It's just in its infancy, and it's not much more than a "for a little change" kind of thing right now.
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo PS4: Gooey_Toto/SigmaLongshot
A decade working in AAA game development? Time certainly flies.

User Info: kholdstare04

kholdstare04
1 month ago#20
agreed...it needs damn games...
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox Doesn't Need VR

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived