Would you say Dark Souls 1 is the best souls.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Would you say Dark Souls 1 is the best souls.

User Info: Maverickneo

Maverickneo
6 months ago#11
The overwhelming vote from the community is that Dark souls 1 was a better "souls" experience overall than DS2. The edge that DS2 has is that the combat is 100% obviously better than DS1. Other than that, the argument for DS2 being worse is that areas felt rushed and didnt even make sense or connect well. Graphically is also looked like they rushed certain parts of the game.

The debatable argument would be DS1>DS3>DS2 vs DS3>DS1>DS2
Free phone game ideology, wall grind, pay to win, loot box system has no place in a paid console game.

User Info: PartTimeBatman

PartTimeBatman
6 months ago#12
Brandy1977 posted...
BigLongDowner posted...
Theleeham posted...
2 was better.

2 was good. I still haven't played the dlc it. As a matter of fact I haven't played any of the dlcs. I need to get on that one day.

I enjoyed the main game but hated the DLCs for DS2.Actually disliked them so much i have not even looked at the DLCs for 3.

I personally thought that the DS2 DLCs were really good.
Because the internet mistakes are forever.

User Info: TheSL1Club

TheSL1Club
6 months ago#13
Bloodbourne is the best Souls game.

User Info: Brandy1977

Brandy1977
6 months ago#14
PartTimeBatman posted...
Brandy1977 posted...
BigLongDowner posted...
Theleeham posted...
2 was better.

2 was good. I still haven't played the dlc it. As a matter of fact I haven't played any of the dlcs. I need to get on that one day.

I enjoyed the main game but hated the DLCs for DS2.Actually disliked them so much i have not even looked at the DLCs for 3.

Glad you enjoyed them.Not trying to s*** on people that did enjoy them,i just very much did not.
http://i.imgur.com/ofERNOz.gif

User Info: fratalien

fratalien
6 months ago#15
In terms of the world, among a few other things, yes.

2 had some of the best weaponry for some insane builds. Lightning disc chime +10 or Dual Cestus build with engraved gauntlets could be your sole weapon(s). Plus the fashion souls was my favorite, here. Bosses though, were my least favorite in 2...but there were several epic bosses...just plenty of weak ones.

3 is just good...but lacks as good a world as 1 and as good weapons/spells from 2. Plus the Cestus is kinda meh in 3.
"My dad owns a dealership!"

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
6 months ago#16
PartTimeBatman posted...
I personally thought that the DS2 DLCs were really good
Gamertag: Mr Brownstone64

User Info: PartTimeBatman

PartTimeBatman
6 months ago#17
Brandy1977 posted...
PartTimeBatman posted...
Brandy1977 posted...
BigLongDowner posted...
Theleeham posted...
2 was better.

Glad you enjoyed them.Not trying to s*** on people that did enjoy them,i just very much did not.

Anything specific that put you off them or did you just dislike them in general? Must say I was very disappointed at the addition of Smelter 2.0
Because the internet mistakes are forever.

User Info: Zombody2

Zombody2
6 months ago#18
2 is the best in series for me, but 1 is right behind it.

User Info: etymologist

etymologist
6 months ago#19
Brownstone posted...
They are all top notch for different reasons.

Ds1: best level design, atmosphere, lore, most iconic characters of the series, etc.

Ds2: weapons and spell variety, more deep PvP (imo), power stance, ng+ actually changes, etc.

Ds3: better mechanics, graphics, weapon arts, best overall bosses (there is no crap like pinwheel of bed or Chaos), etc.

I agree with this. I would say 'yes' because DS1 seems to get it all right, but after reading this post I think it captures the idea better.
Currently playing: AC: Origins

User Info: grampamurked

grampamurked
6 months ago#20
Yes
Steam ID: H8Laggers PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU GT: H8laggers
Currently playing: The keyboard on my smartphone.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Would you say Dark Souls 1 is the best souls.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived