Do you guys prefer the older days of gaming back when a game console was simply

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you guys prefer the older days of gaming back when a game console was simply

User Info: RikashiX

RikashiX
1 month ago#41
Rod1984 posted...
Guess I worded my post wrong, not saying I prefer the old days, I dont mind revisiting the old days but after years of having my xbox one as the entertainment hub of my home theater system, I can never go back lol just thought it was a fun nostalgic trip back in time, like visiting an old friend you haven't seen in years and they are still fun being around

I get what ya mean @Rod1984, I have my N64 plugged into my other tv, and turn it on BAM Yoshis Story is booted up ready to go. No "load screen" with the brand name. Just opening credits to the game lol. I can imagine to tell my future child. Look at this relic right here.
"Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito" - GT NihonjinRikugun
3DS FC: 3067-8390-9586

User Info: VENOMOUS75

VENOMOUS75
1 month ago#42
I pretty much use my console for gaming, so I can see where you're coming from. Of course, the older consoles don't have the option to buy games and download them directly to your machine.
XBL-AMITYPREDATOR75
Yeah, Gamefaqs is the pimple on the backside of the internet. The moderators are the ingrown hairs. --Me

User Info: kyncani

kyncani
1 month ago#43
I think the first thing I would miss would be the store : where the f*** are the damn games.

( All digital here )

User Info: dfalls1

dfalls1
1 month ago#44
No. Fun memories though. Simpler games were amazing, when I was a child. The older I've become, the more it takes to impress me. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the experience of playing those classics, but I've moved on.
However, to this day I think that the Donkey Kong Country series (especially 2 & Tropical Freeze), are some of the best platformers of all time.

User Info: Susumurin

Susumurin
1 month ago#45
You mean like back in the Genesis days? Because consoles haven’t been just consoles since you could stick CDs in them if you didn’t have a boom box.

Heck, even the ancient Game Gear could be used as a portable TV if you had the accessory for that.
Now Playing: Tokyo Tattoo Girls(Vita), Dreamfall (X1), School Girl Zombie Hunter (PS4)
Currently Watching: Xena, Desperate Motherhood, Earth Final Conflict

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
1 month ago#46
Battleship_Gray posted...
Nah I enjoy the utility of modern consoles.
"Most people do not listen with the intent to understand. Most people listen with the intent to reply."

User Info: Overburdened

Overburdened
1 month ago#47
I love the Xbox ones Dashboard.

I know where the tile is to press if I wanted to start the game up instantly. All those things you mentioned are there as an extra.

But I know what you mean, before they litteraly were just gaming machines (and CD DVD players)
When the Lion Devours Both Dragon and Child.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you guys prefer the older days of gaming back when a game console was simply

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived