Is Strider not backwards compatible?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is Strider not backwards compatible?

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#21
Frozenx07 posted...
MetalZoic posted...
moloko posted...
MetalZoic posted...
This. Them not giving you a newer version of the game for free doesn't make them douchebags.

Didn't ask for a new version for free. I want the ones already I paid for to be available to me. They can go ahead and still release the "new" versions to sell, but the fact they won't allow the old versions to BC means they want to force me to buy the games I already bought again. They...are...douchebags.

If your copy still works on the system you originally bought it for then it is still available to you. They don't owe you any more than that.

I'm not saying they owe me. I just find it odd that they don't have this feature when every other developer does.

Literally no other developers give you XB1 games for buying 360 games.
Steam/XBL/PSN/EU NNID - Nifterific | US NNID & Nintendo Account - n00bsaib0t
EU Nintendo Account - n00b_saib0t | SFV: Balrog | MKX: Sun God Kotal Kahn

User Info: Frozenx07

Frozenx07
1 month ago#22
n00bsaib0t posted...
Frozenx07 posted...
MetalZoic posted...
moloko posted...
MetalZoic posted...
This. Them not giving you a newer version of the game for free doesn't make them douchebags.

Didn't ask for a new version for free. I want the ones already I paid for to be available to me. They can go ahead and still release the "new" versions to sell, but the fact they won't allow the old versions to BC means they want to force me to buy the games I already bought again. They...are...douchebags.

If your copy still works on the system you originally bought it for then it is still available to you. They don't owe you any more than that.

I'm not saying they owe me. I just find it odd that they don't have this feature when every other developer does.

My "ready to install" list is full of them.

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#23
Frozenx07 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Frozenx07 posted...
MetalZoic posted...
moloko posted...
MetalZoic posted...

Your ready to install list is full of 360 games. Literally no developer or publisher gives you the XB1 game for buying the 360 game. You clearly don’t understand the difference between 360 games and XB1 games.

User Info: Babbit55

Babbit55
1 month ago#24
@n00bsaib0t posted...
Frozenx07 posted...
MetalZoic posted...
moloko posted...
MetalZoic posted...

*Apart from Castlecrasher, Minecraft, Call of Duty Advanced warfare, Destiny and Battlefield Premium (to name a few)

Side not to TC @Frozenx07. I am pretty sure Strider is in the game pass, worth the cash as there is some awesome games in there along with it, shame it isn't £1 anymore
GT:- Babbit55
PC - i5 4670k, 16g ram, RX 480, 2tb hybrid drive.

Frozenx07
1 month ago#25
n00bsaib0t posted...
Frozenx07 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Frozenx07 posted...
MetalZoic posted...
moloko posted...
MetalZoic posted...

Your ready to install list is full of 360 games. Literally no developer or publisher gives you the XB1 game for buying the 360 game. You clearly don’t understand the difference between 360 games and XB1 games.

Strider is an Xbox 360 game.

Frozenx07
1 month ago#26
I understand that Capcom chose to have them appear as separate releases. It just doesn't make sense to me.

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#27
Babbit55 posted...
@n00bsaib0t posted...
Frozenx07 posted...
MetalZoic posted...
moloko posted...
MetalZoic posted...

*Apart from Castlecrasher, Minecraft, Call of Duty Advanced warfare, Destiny and Battlefield Premium (to name a few)

Side not to TC @Frozenx07. I am pretty sure Strider is in the game pass, worth the cash as there is some awesome games in there along with it, shame it isn't £1 anymore

Those were promotions, not cross buy titles which was being discussed. Context is key. It’s not my responsibility to keep repeating it, it’s your responsibility to follow the thread from the beginning.

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#28
Frozenx07 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Frozenx07 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Frozenx07 posted...
MetalZoic posted...
moloko posted...

Strider is an Xbox 360 game.

It’s also an XB1 game. The 360 version isn’t BC. Buying it on an XB1 isn’t buying the 360 version, it’s buying the XB1 version.

User Info: Babbit55

Babbit55
1 month ago#29
n00bsaib0t posted...
Babbit55 posted...
@n00bsaib0t posted...
Frozenx07 posted...
MetalZoic posted...
moloko posted...
MetalZoic posted...

Those were promotions, not cross buy titles which was being discussed. Context is key. It’s not my responsibility to keep repeating it, it’s your responsibility to follow the thread from the beginning.

https://i.imgur.com/yhKdUVE.gif

Literally gives examples of this happening
GT:- Babbit55
PC - i5 4670k, 16g ram, RX 480, 2tb hybrid drive.

User Info: 2Dshmuplover

2Dshmuplover
1 month ago#30
If the game is made/owned by Capcom then you can safely assume you'll need to buy it again to play it on the newer system. They're stingy as all hell.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is Strider not backwards compatible?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived