Is Strider not backwards compatible?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is Strider not backwards compatible?

User Info: moloko

moloko
6 months ago#11
GamecubeIchiban posted...
I'm a huge proponent of BC, however I don't think the case you're making is a douchebag move by CAPCOM.

Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Why should they bother?

All Capcom has to do is say "ok" to Microsoft, and Microsoft will do all the work to make it BC. Capcom doesn't have to do anything or spend a dime for it to happen. They simply won't allow it because they want to double dip on old games. They are greedy douchebags.
http://www.thejimquisition.com /the-best-of-gamefaqs-uncharted-4quantum-break-temper-tantrum/

User Info: 1UpJohn

1UpJohn
6 months ago#12
simonbelmont2 posted...
They are two different versions of the game right? Why should you be given the Xbox One version for free?

They aren't different. That's the thing. I have many 360 games that are in the "ready to install" section.

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
6 months ago#13
GamecubeIchiban posted...
moloko posted...
I've noticed that Capcom doesn't like making games BC if they put out an XBox One version. They are kind of a douchebag company.

I'm a huge proponent of BC, however I don't think the case you're making is a douchebag move by CAPCOM. If you want a game to be BC, it's safe to assume that it's because you already own it. And if you already own it, it's safe to assume that you also own an Xb360. Play it there.

With the remasters, you're getting obviously upgraded versions if you're willing to pay for them. If I wanted to play the old DR games again, and on X1, I'd just as soon pay the few bucks that they have been on sale for and play them in real 1080p with higher framerates.

The real shame is games like Ninja Gaiden II, Lollipop Chainsaw, and many more that have never been made BC and don't have remasters.

This. Them not giving you a newer version of the game for free doesn't make them douchebags.

moloko
6 months ago#14
MetalZoic posted...
This. Them not giving you a newer version of the game for free doesn't make them douchebags.

Didn't ask for a new version for free. I want the ones already I paid for to be available to me. They can go ahead and still release the "new" versions to sell, but the fact they won't allow the old versions to BC means they want to force me to buy the games I already bought again. They...are...douchebags.
http://www.thejimquisition.com /the-best-of-gamefaqs-uncharted-4quantum-break-temper-tantrum/

1UpJohn
6 months ago#15
Yeah. It's not a newer version. It's the same game.

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
6 months ago#16
moloko posted...
MetalZoic posted...

Didn't ask for a new version for free. I want the ones already I paid for to be available to me. They can go ahead and still release the "new" versions to sell, but the fact they won't allow the old versions to BC means they want to force me to buy the games I already bought again. They...are...douchebags.

If your copy still works on the system you originally bought it for then it is still available to you. They don't owe you any more than that.

moloko
6 months ago#17
MetalZoic posted...
If your copy still works on the system you originally bought it for then it is still available to you. They don't owe you any more than that.

Capcom doesn't have to do ANYTHING. All they have to do is give the ok for MS to do it. Capcom literally doesn't even have to lift a finger.

Can't believe people are sticking up for this practice. Keep sucking off Capcom if it makes you happy.

User Info: Boogie_WoogieWu

Boogie_WoogieWu
6 months ago#18
Frozenx07 posted...
Yeah. It's not a newer version. It's the same game.

Same game, sure, but it isn't the same version of that game, just as the PS4 version of a game is not the Xbox One version of the game and you don't get one when you buy the other.

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
6 months ago#19
Bunch of kids in here thinking XB1 lives in a f***ing bubble. The remasters exist because of the PS4. It lacks BC. If they do BC they miss out on the PS4 market, if they do BC and only put the remaster on PS4 they are doing their XB1 customers a disservice. As a result, XB1 and PS4 both get remasters.

As for Capcom “just giving the go ahead”, it doesn’t work that way. Maybe for games they made and published themselves, but not for outsourced games. Why isn’t 360 Strider BC? Maybe ask Double f***ing Helix about that s***. Expecting Strider BC without their permission is like expecting Marvel vs Capcom 3 BC without Disney’s. The more companies involved the more difficult BC becomes. Everyone wants to get paid, no one can agree on how much.
Steam/XBL/PSN/EU NNID - Nifterific | US NNID & Nintendo Account - n00bsaib0t
EU Nintendo Account - n00b_saib0t | SFV: Balrog | MKX: Sun God Kotal Kahn

1UpJohn
6 months ago#20
MetalZoic posted...
moloko posted...
MetalZoic posted...

I'm not saying they owe me. I just find it odd that they don't have this feature when every other developer does.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is Strider not backwards compatible?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived