Xbox one x power issue?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox one x power issue?

User Info: Mindwipe77

Mindwipe77
7 months ago#1
The first xbox one x I purchased(PSE) lasted almost a month before it stopped turning on. It was gradual as for the last 2 weeks it was a struggle to turn it on. The last day it took me almost 2 hours of messing around with it before it turned on, but once it was on it worked great. I decided to return it to amazon since did not want to keep having to struggle to turn it on, and my new replacement one x should be delivered today(standard model)

I have been without my one x for a week as I waited for amazon and in that time I read reviews and comments how the one x comes with a power cord too week to power on the one x, a reason it does not always turn on, is the power cord really the issue or did I just have a bad system? Also is the heat coming from the back making the cords defective? I try to position the cords away from the vent as much as I can as they do get quite hot back there.

User Info: JRiggsIV

JRiggsIV
7 months ago#2
Let us know how the replacement works out for you..
PSN-JRiggsIV
MLB-Cardinals NBA-76ers NCAA-Longhorns NFL-Cowboys

Mindwipe77
7 months ago#3
I will

User Info: IronLung

IronLung
7 months ago#4
I have hea4d that plugging the console into a surge protector can cause issues although I haven't had any myself.

If you do use a surge protector it might be beneficial to just try plugging it directly into the wall
PS4 Pro/Project Scorpio/Switch
Currently Playing: AC: Origins, Battlefront 2, Evil Within 2, ESO, Skyrim, Splatoon 2

User Info: ginrog

ginrog
7 months ago#5
The cord brings 120v to the power supply. Any cord can do that with the proper gauge wire which this cord has. Also, the wires are heat-rated and are for greater than the operating temperature of the console. They have just moved the brick internally. That is where the magic happens and the electricity gets converted to use inside the system.

Look at the old Xbox power bricks. The cable from the wall to the brick is essentially the same as the cord from the wall to the x or s.
PSN/Gamertag: reaperforelife

Mindwipe77
7 months ago#6
IronLung posted...
I have hea4d that plugging the console into a surge protector can cause issues although I haven't had any myself.

If you do use a surge protector it might be beneficial to just try plugging it directly into the wall

when I first got my console I had been using a surge protector for a couple weeks before I heard MS say that is not recommend. I started using the wall outlet and shortly after is when I had problems, maybe the damage was done by that point idk, but when I get the new one it goes straight to the wall.

Mindwipe77
7 months ago#7
ginrog posted...
The cord brings 120v to the power supply. Any cord can do that with the proper gauge wire which this cord has. Also, the wires are heat-rated and are for greater than the operating temperature of the console. They have just moved the brick internally. That is where the magic happens and the electricity gets converted to use inside the system.

Look at the old Xbox power bricks. The cable from the wall to the brick is essentially the same as the cord from the wall to the x or s.

well hearing all that makes me feel better, maybe I just got a lemon. I know if this replacement fails I am going back to the S for 6-8 months, maybe give em time to work out kinks

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
7 months ago#8
Mindwipe77 posted...
ginrog posted...

well hearing all that makes me feel better, maybe I just got a lemon. I know if this replacement fails I am going back to the S for 6-8 months, maybe give em time to work out kinks
just curious here you sure your getting 120v in all your outlets .since my wiring is from 1917 i had to have everything plugged into a battery back-up surge protecter as well as monster cable surge protecter that tell me what i am getting out of the battery back-up surge protecter and the wall and it stays at 120v

welcome to Gamefaqs.where your 1000% completely wrong about everything even before you post on here .so once again welcome to Gamefaqs

Mindwipe77
7 months ago#9
ive never had a problem before having this wall outlet power any other systems or electronics so I assume it is. I heard others say it draws a lot of power, maybe more than that outlet is used to idk will have to check on that

User Info: ginrog

ginrog
7 months ago#10
It doesn't draw anything more than usual. It draws at most 120v into the power supply. Power supply converts this AC into DC. In the brick the cord from the wall to the brick was AC and the brick to the console was DC. No company would build a device which demands more than 120 because it cannot get it no matter how hard it tries.

How old is your wiring? Maybe your wall outlets are old and wearing out or the breakers or fuses in your panel. Djwagon's wiring is 100 hundred years old and that is about the time copper can start to degrade but still I think the issue might be outlets and breakers unless they were already replaced.

If you used a surge protector originally it didn't damage your console. Just the 2 protectors were causing the console to be under powered. All it would take is to plug into non-surge protecting equipment and a power reset.
PSN/Gamertag: reaperforelife
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox one x power issue?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived