So as a fan of COD how is the new one? Picking it up sometime soon.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So as a fan of COD how is the new one? Picking it up sometime soon.

User Info: SnippySnappy

SnippySnappy
4 months ago#1
Just wondering how the new COD is? I don't mind any of them to be honest. I don't hate on them like some people do but I am curious how the new one ranks among the others. I'm talking single player here. I happen to like Advanced Warfare with Kevin Spacey. A classic in my book. So bottom line, how is the new one?? Thanks! Picking it up in a few weeks.

User Info: JRiggsIV

JRiggsIV
4 months ago#2
Pick it up and find out..
PSN-JRiggsIV
MLB-Cardinals NBA-76ers NCAA-Longhorns NFL-Cowboys

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
4 months ago#3
I also buy cod yearly just for the SP and the campaign in WW2 is god awful

there's barely any actual gameplay in it, about 60% of the game is on rails sections and cutscenes

I'm not exaggerating at all

and what little gameplay there is basically consists of you holding off waves of enemies until some scripted event triggers and you can move forward
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/004_zpskcg7thdf.jpg

User Info: Rome218

Rome218
4 months ago#4
Loved it. I missed going back to ww2.

It's the bloodiest cod, with facts being covered in blood after you shoot them in the face.

My favorite campaign is still iw but I really enjoyed ww2.

User Info: GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim
4 months ago#5
After playing the beta, this wound up being the first CoD I didn't buy at release. I will eventually get it once it's under twenty bucks, but I'm in no hurry.
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)

User Info: BigLongDowner

BigLongDowner
4 months ago#6
Zombies is fun but I can't justify $60 for just that. If they released it separately for $20 I'd buy it though. Really fun.
GT - Typ3 O Negativ3
PSN - BigLongDowner

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
4 months ago#7
I’ve been a fan of the series since COD2 on Xbox 360. Here’s my opinions for WWII:

The game’s setting, seriously, is its only real strong point. WWII has a ton of potential as a setting for COD, and now that the setting isn’t used in every game ever, I do feel it’s a decent time to revisit the era.

However, that’s also SHG’s extent of innovation. It starts with boots on the ground and ends with restriction. You have noticeably fewer weapons than previous games had, one perk slot, one equipment slot (you can either take one lethal or one tactical, not both), and one pistol. If you want an extra grenade, it’s going to take the place of your perk. Want a rocket launcher instead of a pistol? Again, takes the place of your perk as well as your pistol.

Map designs leave something to be desired as well. The flow really doesn’t work well and generally speaking whoever camps the center of the map has full control over the entire map.

Mix that in with shoddy networking and a large amount of bugs and this is really the COD I’ve given up on the quickest in all of these years.

I’d say pass on it. Infinite Warfare, Modern Warfare Remastered, and BO3 are all better COD’s to play, and the gap between them and WWII isn’t small.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.

User Info: GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim
4 months ago#8
flame030191 posted...
Map designs leave something to be desired as well.

Map count as well.
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
4 months ago#9
GinsuVictim posted...
flame030191 posted...
Map designs leave something to be desired as well.

Map count as well.

I mean, the whole game could be defined as “leaves something to be desired”...
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.

User Info: DigitalFury_

DigitalFury_
4 months ago#10
This was the first CoD I bought since BlOps 2 and playing it reinforced my decision to stop buying them. Which blows cuz I was looking forward to this one. I have a case of buyer's remorse.
I post a lot using my phone. Most "typos" are probably a result of autocorrect
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So as a fan of COD how is the new one? Picking it up sometime soon.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived