Final verdict on Star Wars battlefront 2?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Final verdict on Star Wars battlefront 2?

User Info: Rome218

Rome218
4 months ago#11
flame030191 posted...
I just upgraded my spare slim to the Battlefront II PS4 Pro, so I finally invested a little time to it. Here’s my verdict:

Visually, the game is stunning. It looks better on the X, obviously, but no matter the system it’s gorgeous on the eyes.

The story seems serviceable. I’ve only played two missions so far but they weren’t bad. Much better than Battlefield’s campaigns.

Multiplayer gameplay is great. Shooting is solid, maps are great, and the modes are fun to play.

It’s the progression that I feel hurts the game. Do you want more characters or do you want to power up the characters you have randomly via loot boxes? That seems to be the choices you get, more gear or improve your current stats. Either way, you’re either missing content or at a statistical disadvantage, and it really hurts the game’s longevity IMO.

I think this is the best assessment that I can relate to.

User Info: AltiarLio

AltiarLio
4 months ago#12
The game was never pay to win as the game never launch with microtransactions.

And for once I completely agree with flame, the progression system is pretty crap but the new changes fixed a lot of issues
GT & Steam: Tyron3L1o. PSN: TyroneLio.
I enjoy video games and shoes, mainly shoes.

User Info: chex81

chex81
4 months ago#13
Amazing game better than last Bf game in every way.
XBL: chex81 || NNID: phasma81

User Info: robdisco

robdisco
4 months ago#14
I haven’t even touched the online multiplayer but I’ve finished the campaign and the additional 3 missions that were added via free DLC. I though my the campaign was great and tied into the movies well. I’ve also played a bunch of the Arcade missions in splitscreen Co-op which were fun as well. Performance takes a bit of a hit in splitscreen but we still enjoyed it.
I prefer to just play video games rather than worry about which platform/s they release on or how many pixels are on the screen.

User Info: AgentLocke

AgentLocke
4 months ago#15
Rome218 posted...
flame030191 posted...
I just upgraded my spare slim to the Battlefront II PS4 Pro, so I finally invested a little time to it. Here’s my verdict:

Visually, the game is stunning. It looks better on the X, obviously, but no matter the system it’s gorgeous on the eyes.

The story seems serviceable. I’ve only played two missions so far but they weren’t bad. Much better than Battlefield’s campaigns.

Multiplayer gameplay is great. Shooting is solid, maps are great, and the modes are fun to play.

It’s the progression that I feel hurts the game. Do you want more characters or do you want to power up the characters you have randomly via loot boxes? That seems to be the choices you get, more gear or improve your current stats. Either way, you’re either missing content or at a statistical disadvantage, and it really hurts the game’s longevity IMO.

It is a very fair opinion on the game. Only thing I’d like to add that’s missing there is that you can level up your star cards with scrap. So if you can’t get what you want, you can buy and upgrade them separately. For the most part it’s how I have my Assault class at level 39.
Gt: KB ReDZ PSN: xHaLfBAkedRAMB0x 3DS FC: 3583-2749-4407 Steam: G13TheDon
http://thenerdrecites.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Title-3.png The trolls of Gfaqs

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
4 months ago#16
AgentLocke posted...
Rome218 posted...
flame030191 posted...

It is a very fair opinion on the game. Only thing I’d like to add that’s missing there is that you can level up your star cards with scrap. So if you can’t get what you want, you can buy and upgrade them separately. For the most part it’s how I have my Assault class at level 39.

I’ve only played for about an hour so I haven’t learned all the features yet. More or less my post was a sort of first impressions from someone who had mild interest in the game.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.

User Info: Billo

Billo
4 months ago#17
Verdict is stop buying EA games if you care about gaming.

User Info: richboy900

richboy900
4 months ago#18
Billo posted...
Verdict is stop buying EA games if you care about gaming.

This, but that battlefield bad co 3 rumour though. I'd imagine they'll mess it up though.

User Info: HentaiMan

HentaiMan
4 months ago#19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNF2q8Pxm2g
Nintendo fanboy, KirbyCentrist. Poyo peace to the world :)
https://i.imgur.com/O68JkE7.jpg http://i.imgur.com/r6x4QXn.jpg https://youtu.be/S-1e0VJUWXE

User Info: RS_YELARAKA

RS_YELARAKA
4 months ago#20
Huolihan posted...
Just watched the movie and am now in the mood to play some Star Wars I enjoyed the first one but after the whole loot box issue I never bought this one is it safe to get it now or leave it alone?

Same here haha
[RSG] Red Screen Gaming
YELARAKA
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Final verdict on Star Wars battlefront 2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived